/fat/ : "NYRfags who refuse to die" edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For terrifying girth harvesters who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (redundant in that you should have already but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micro-nutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them.
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary.
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate.
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables.
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>walk, swim, or bike, just get moving.
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
>be a retard

PREVIOUS THREAD:

Attached: get that qt.jpg (1000x898, 391K)

Tell your kindly confatsionnel what sins you have wrought, fatboys.

Attached: big confessions for big boys.png (1229x1160, 58K)

For the first time in a long time I feel optimistic about my future. Not just weight loss, but everything.

Attached: 1542647608030.jpg (600x800, 45K)

Spring started yesterday, weather is amazing, I had planned two long hikes but I just sat on the computer instead.
Even ate some junk

These threads are a disease and I have no sympathy for you fat fucks.

Attached: 1553129509840.jpg (1080x1350, 122K)

Good job, lad. Go in peace.

this is what happens when you skip occasions to do cardio and when you tell yourself "just one more piece of that chocolate"

Attached: 2012 vs 2019.jpg (1389x549, 147K)

I don't want your fuck ass sympathy. I'm going to make it!

Attached: Screenshot_20190321-100513_MyFitnessPal.jpg (1080x2220, 302K)

Not sure if I should be counting butter for my breakfast because cook my eggs in it but whatever
I also took the garlicpill and been eating (swallowing really) raw garlic before bed, my farts now smell like garlic

Attached: Screenshot_20190321-100522_MyFitnessPal.jpg (1080x2220, 311K)

You should be counting any oil used in cookings. It's not remotely calorie-less.
And that's kinda gross but whatever works for you.

Count your butter, butter bean.

I just don’t wanna burn my veggies for my morning omelet (no cheese). So I /need/ the butter to do so unless I use some garbage spray. Here’s this morning for example

Attached: CE6A5AF6-2CD4-49C4-BBF7-DBFA5EDB56D6.png (750x1334, 174K)

>Not sure if I should be counting butter
are you for real dude?

Attached: 1553127928319.jpg (570x718, 125K)

how the fuck do i find good vegetables without sugar

all the ones i like have 4-7 grams of sugar

Buy fresh if possible. And consider that a lot will have natural suger in them. Try to avoid adder sugar though. Frozen is good too.

>I /need/ to eat vegetables fried in butter
Lmao. Just count all the butter you use.

Hey bros, need some advice:

So I've been on the keto meme for like 4 months now and have managed to go from "Tubs McLardass" to "Chunky Monkey" status. I've lost a significant amount of weight and for the first time in my life I am looking like a human, my parents thought that a 5-year-old was capable of making decisions about how much ice cream he should be allowed to eat, and now I am clawing my way out at 20. I feel like I should start working out again over the summer, but I have a study abroad thing in Italy, also known as the land of murderous carbs. What do I do? Keep up my penance and eat fucking sunflower seeds in italy like I do here? Count calories while eating carbs over there? I just read in the sticky that the best way to fuck your losses is to eat right after losing weight, and now am super paranoid.

Attached: 5346316511_4cc83860e5_b.jpg (1024x764, 616K)

Not that user but how do I effectively count coconut oil that I use to make my eggs? I use a silicone brush to brush a slight amount of coconut oil on the pan, then fry my eggs in it. Realistically speaking, how many calories are in that much?

how do you prepare your egg whites?

Olive oil?

You could eat like Italian do. You know the people who have the second most healthiest diet in the world.

>possible 8/10 bpd gf says she only dates fit dudes because exmilitary
>she also says she wants me to get abs and hit the gym
>5'9, 190 ibs around 26-7% bf

How much do I have to cut for abs? I've already been beating myself up for not going to the gym in like 6 months.

Attached: 1fo85o25kb1z.jpg (800x600, 115K)

Started the day great yesterday with some Greek yogurt and mixed berries. Ended it terribly with two waffles and three strips of bacon.

About down to 14-12%, depending on your FFMI.
Get cutting.

Progress is being made

Attached: Screenshot_20190321-104458.png (720x1280, 74K)

bro it’s in the fucking pan

Getting a faint outline in good lighting same height @160 pounds rn. It's probably a ways out, but might be closer if I incorporated more compounds that worked core.

I tried olive oil yesterday morning for my eggs with peppers, onions and broccoli. But it wasn’t good at all.
Sorry I enjoy flavor roody poo, you can’t cook eggs and veggies without some butter
Pic rel (probably sideways) is my average breakfast

Attached: F957B705-FBA1-4FD1-958A-0CDF77C362D2.jpg (3264x2448, 1.72M)

Don't eat dog treats for breakfast.
That is strictly a lunch food.

I hope you count the calories when you eat that dog food.

24 lbs down since January. It going to take another three months to get below 200lbs.

This is going to take ages.

Ok so actual Italian food in Italy isn't all bad. The American version is dollar store jars of sugar with red food coloring with names like "Ragu" or "Prego" on the label. Italian pizza has minimal cheese and sauce and is mostly veggies. You'll be learning a lot about cooking your veggies instead of all the meatlball and sausage eating you planned the trip for in the first place you fat fuck.

I bet pic related is your favorite vegetable.

Attached: a82c6cf2-ba16-45fc-9ceb-85f4926f73d4_1.e9ceb5ec8684fa3f563fe888bcd5ac47.jpg (450x450, 48K)

Well hopefully you'll only ever have to do it once.

Yes you should measure it. Just weigh the butter before you cook and after, and do the math to see how much you used.

/swimbro/ here
Since it got immediately warm out this past week over winter, i've been shedding the pounds off. Just getting out for an hour or two wandering in the sunlight really helps.

I'm currently sitting at
SW: 233 lbs
CW: 192 lbs
GW 170 lbs (?)

>weigh before and after cooking then do the math
That's retarded. Cooking tends to evaporate water, but it doesn't make fat evaporate. People who cook with fats only need to count whatever fat they put into the dish.

Should I weight train as well or just do HIIT/ swimming?

Yes, absolutely lift. No reason not to.

Have you never cooked before? Maybe you start adding a bit of butter and then you see you need some more and then you butter your toast too. Instead of measuring 3 times or more, you measure how much you had and how much you have left, and the difference is what you used.

Your first post about weighing "the butter" was unclear. You meant "weigh all of your butter before you portion any of it out into your cooking, then weigh the unused butter at the end and subtract" but what you wrote can also be read as "weigh the butter [that you use] before you cook and after". I've seen a lot of people in these threads try to excuse not counting their fats because of what gets left over in the pan, so it seemed like you were trying to provide a stupid process to account for that.

Ok

>you can’t cook eggs and veggies without some butter
you can cook eggs by coating a pan with cooking spray. you can blister veggies without oil if you're using a stainless steel pan

learn to cook and stop making excuses

That fat fuck has already made it clear that he "can't" cook without butter because he "likes flavor". As long as he counts his butter and works it into his CICO, it's fine, but the fact that he has to ask of he should count it or not doesn't bode well for his success.

Lifting is fun bro, plus if you're a beginner you'll make significant muscle gains even on a cut, building muscle thus increasing your TDEE and making your deficit greater/ allowing more food in your cut.

>tfw i never count ketchup in my calories
>still overshoot everything else so the ketchup doesn't matter
>tfw those burgers gordon ramsay makes in butter look fucking amazing

This is why people make fun of us fatties

>because he "likes flavor"
that's why i told him to learn to cook. blistered veggies have much more flavor than the jumble of shit doused in fat he calls food. either his tastebuds are dead or he's never tried anything else

>this is why people make fun of us
no, just you

>I'm too lazy to count all my calories and I justify it by being lazy when counting other calories
>this is why people make fun of us fatties
>us
Ngmi. I hope people keep making fun of you.

Attached: RIP.jpg (400x400, 22K)

This is my progress’ door. Updated daily, with projections. It motivate the fuck on me.

Attached: 5F248C9B-0C86-4715-831D-27EAB9C06325.jpg (3264x2448, 1.57M)

Just add butter, bro

Nice. I started a spreadsheet a bit over 2 years ago but I gained 15 kilos since. Where do I buy some will to live?

This is fucking cool user, i've got a notebook that's become a giant black scribble from me counting calories on it daily. Keep it up for motivation when it comes time to maintain

But I ate only pizza and lasagne and got fat. So fuck you, user.

Does this look about right for a 10'' beef burrito?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-21-15-46-08-374_com.fitnow.loseit.png (1080x2160, 216K)

>What do I do?
if you have access to a kitchen, cook most of your own food. if not, go OMAD and stay away from pasta as much as you can. if your fellow students drag you out to eat, then just don't eat for the rest of the day and you should still be under maintenance. it's a rough situation but there are definitely ways you can make sure you don't gain weight over the course.

Nah, I like lifting I was just wondering if it was worth it on a suicide cut

tempted to lock my credit card up and go live with my parents for a couple months to sort myself out

Attached: progress.jpg (2084x548, 250K)

this is ganna be a yikes from me dawg

How tall are you?

I've been eating tortilla and chicken for so long, it's been the easiest part about dieting, also buy them from KFC too (BBQ chicken wrap) £1.49 each, if you're dieting, maybe get rid of the rice and have another tortilla? I have 2. (320lb to 190lb) 6 foot 2 in a year of 1800-2000 calories, 3x weight lifting a week no cardio, i made it (not being a fat cunt that is) Going from XXXL jackets and jumpers to Medium t shirts is a great feeling

Attached: hyper.png (794x789, 48K)

^

Attached: 1552330798669.png (307x243, 139K)

Still have a good base. You can sort that out in a month if you are truly committed.

First time I've ate out in two months and I'm 6lbs from my goal weight

>Going from XXXL jackets and jumpers to Medium t shirts is a great feeling

Agreed. Feeling a loose shirt that was once right feels great. Putting on old clothes you haven’t worn because you couldn’t fit in them but you can again...awesome.

187cm / 6'1
I keep telling myself and I keep fucking up, motivation is harder to find than a gf

Swam for an hour yesterday. Was able to do 50m underwater twice. Did 25m without breathing up and finished breathing pretty easy a few times. Als, found out my cheap-o waterproof case for IPhone gives me trouble trying to use the stopwatch function to record my underwater time.
Went grocery shopping with wife afterwards, and she mad a really good chicken soup. Still had a ton of calories left over, so had steak.
Woke up this morning, weighed self, under 249. I can do this. I think I’m going make it, guys. Onwards and downwards!

yuou dont need motivation you need discipline

grow up bucko either stay fat and useless or change and be valuable

I broke down and ate a cheesecake.

I'm 35, ain't growing up more. I'd be fine with changing and staying useless. Well, tomorrow.

>Going from XXXL jackets and jumpers to Medium t shirts is a great feeling
my XXL shirts used to be tight around my gut but now they hang off me like a dress. i've had to buy new clothes three or four times now. it's a pretty great feeling

Get some L glutamine(1500mg a day) and L Tyrosine (1500mg a day). There's your motivation.

Pulling myself together after an absolute binge week. More like two weeks really. I'm 100 pounds down with another 100 to go and I'm sick of wasting time

Attached: Screenshot_20190321-122716.png (1080x1920, 211K)

You're a lot better than most here. A lot of us are literally no-muscle blobs. You've got something to go off of. Good luck user.

Gotta a scale
Actually faggots I’m employed as a cook and have been for the last five fucking years ar both Portuguese and Egyptian restaurants. I know how to fucking cook better than you every will, mark my fucking words, fatties.
Once again reading these replies in class, I know how to fucking cook. The butter question was more thinking about whether or not all the butter is transferred into the dish. Real restaurants dont weigh their shit. Pic related is my cuisine

Attached: 32D73208-DD6F-4220-B3CE-48CD002F53DB.jpg (3264x2448, 1.68M)

>both Portuguese and Egyptian restaurants. I know how to fucking cook better than you every will, mark my fucking words, fatties.
Yeah but you aren't even white so that makes you automatically inferior, haha!

REEEEE I CAN COOK BETTER THAN YOU ANY DAY OF THE WEEK, FAG
COME OVER FOR DINNER AND ILL SHOW YOU

Attached: 2655CB4D-8C5B-4101-8B7B-28F711B266F0.jpg (900x900, 52K)

imagine not being able to leave your iphone in your locker. Holy fuck.
Just buy a shitty stopwatch from walmart.

didn't ask, don't care
don't @ me ever again

Same buying new clothes is an amazing feeling when you can try them on in store too is the cherry on top, before they didn't even have clothes that fit me, had to order online almost always :(

Attached: 1548865517336.png (240x221, 106K)

Post a pic of what you can cook

Fucking buy a £10 Casio watch, why do you bring your expensive phone into the water with you

Nice and czeched

Attached: 67BA8DC6-5398-4DE7-A168-CD965893795D.jpg (300x221, 17K)

Yeah dude you're down like two pounds from the last time I saw you.

We don't look the same but I did pretty much the same thing in about the same time frame. 2012 was when it all started.

What kind of weight loss should I aim at without muscle loss?

1200-1500kcal a day, whatever you think you can maintain long term
get enough protein
lift

you might lose some but those are the basics that will help you minimize the amount of muscle mass you lose

What's your height and weight? And goal weight?

already lifting
aiming for a protein intake of around 190-200g/day, but my eating has always been erratic, so I'm not sure that I can maintain strict regimens
still my goal though
5'11''
238lbs cw/213lbs gw

God speed user, you will make it

any other Catho/fit/s here? What did you give up for Lent?

Cottage cheese and weekend pleasure food (I don’t consider them cheats because I stay within my Calories but occasionally on weekends I would eat a personal DiGiorno pizza or Bratwurst)

Looks tasty user, what is in the sauce?

I haven't had carbs in 4 weeks other than trace amounts from veggies and sauces

>hamplanet fitness
kek

Even better, it actually says
>Hamplanet fatness

>The butter question was more thinking about whether or not all the butter is transferred into the dish
Yes.

>Real restaurants dont weigh their shit
Thats part of why theres a fat epidemic.

i do the same shit but with a dry erase marker on our fridge. it's awesome

there is no point punishing yourself with fasting after a binge. you'll end up binging again the next day as your chart shows. just cut down to your goal calories and let your mistakes be in the past.

>tfw when people now tell me to cut and not to lose weight
I am making it, boys