Is making your own pizza Jow Forums approved?

Is making your own pizza Jow Forums approved?

I'm tired of frozen pizza or domino's delivering. I think making it yourself (from the dough up) is pretty damn healthy.

I'm trying to make this one tonight: youtube.com/watch?v=n-VRntrbypI

Attached: italianpizza.jpg (1026x678, 144K)

Its good
Use some low fat Mozzarella, Tomato sauce, a regular dough, maybe throw some minced meat or chicken, maybe some ham on there
Perfect macros and tastes delicious

buy a pizza stone, hardest part about making your own pizza is waiting for the dough to rise

No you dumpass, the unhealthiness starts with the flour in the dough.

so what makes DIY pizza so much more healthy and Jow Forums compared to freezer or delivery pizza?

yeah I have gotten a pizza stone as a present, will be using it for the first time today.

I think I fucked up my dough though... it looks way too flat

Attached: dough.jpg (900x1600, 123K)

how is flour bad?

Thats way too thick dude, it will expand triple in thickness in the oven. You need to make them as thin as you can raw.

>dumpass

it looks thicker than it is, now ive expanded it and its pretty damn thin

>inb4 not round

i know this is my first time trying this

Attached: dough2.jpg (900x1600, 126K)

You control the portions and ingredients. A typical delivery pizza has some shitty white flour+ sugary crust, a little extra-sweetened tomato sauce, lots of fatty cheese and a couple slices of the greasiest meats.

If you instead use some whole grain dough, mostly tomato paste and then some lean chicken breast+ veggies it'll be ok. I'm not got to call it great though, because if you do really tailor it it won't taste great.

yeah I use whole grain and also real mozerella and tomato's

not sure about toppings though, i might add some ham but i also wanna try how a mageritha taste with some basil.

will keep you guys posted if you're interested

Cooking is one of my hobbies, way longer than lifting shit has been. Try to get actual yeast, not that dry powder shit. Don't use that fucking glorified blender to mix it, mix it with your hands. And ALWAYS let it sit for AT LEAST 48 hours before making it. Makes a whole world of difference.

i fucking cant fucking cook for shit guys i totally fucking ruined it

this is what i wanted

Attached: pizza1.jpg (1600x900, 182K)

and this is what i got

next time im gonna put the pizza with lots of flour on the wooden shovel before trying to be a retard and scooping it up

Attached: pizza2.jpg (900x1600, 151K)

What the fuck have you done user

It's not unsalvagable. Just make a crust, and pop it in the hot oven. Should make some difference. Did you leave it to rest for some time?

also the oven is a goddamn battlefield with cheese and sauce everywhere on my brand new pizza stone. Also I ruined my favorite oven mittens

How the fuck did you manage to do this?

Bleached flour loaded with dough improvers are what's terrible for you.

Use better flours. Take the sourdough pill.

>2019
>not using sourdough starters
ishiggidy

user...

well i made the pizza on the counter
then added sauce, cheese etc
then thought lets scoop it up like they do on youtube

but for some reason the scooping up was a bit harder than expected cause i already made holes in it

then i tried putting it in the oven but it got stuck on the wooden shovel

then it landed half upside down and i just though fuck it

ill try to make another one instead cause i bought multiple packs of rmozeralla cause i knew something like this would happen

Shut up faggot. Just let the damn dough rest

>then it landed half upside down and i just though fuck it
Did you think it would turn itself into a calzone?

yeah i know...

next one im gonna put lots of flour on top of the wooden shovel

then put the pizza on there

then put flour onto the (cleaned) pizza stone

then try to put it on there without damaging anything

wish me luck guys im gonna finish my beer then try another one cause i had to throw this one out cause it had fucking raw dough on some places cause it was folded like fuck

fuck me i just wanna die

Attached: pizza3scoop.jpg (1600x900, 146K)

Yes yes good goy let the impossibly white dough loaded with shitty chemicals rest, it's good for you

Mix white flour, warm water, actual yeast and some olive oil, a tiny bit of sugar and salt. And then you're done. Flour it when it gets too sticky

Looks like you didn't knead it enough or you fucked up the recipe. Kneading will help activate the gluten which will keep it from melting like that. Dont over knead tho or your dough will be too tough, but like i said it could be multiple things

It doesn't matter. Learn and do somethibg different next time. That's how you build mental strength. They have done research that shows that people who succeed usually have the most attempts.

Eg if you are fat you give up on a diet because it didn't work where a thinner person might fail but go back and try again and try again.

I fucked my first few pizzas and tried different things. It all works out in the end.

“Taco” pizza is your best bet. And whole grain pita bread is the easiest cheapest healthiest ways to do it. Bunch of ground beef Mexican cheese and pico/avocado/Greek yoghurt instead of sour cream. Loads of protein and fuckin delicious.

What's your hydration here? It looks like 70%+

i dont even know what that means

i just followed some recepi from the internet but for some fucking reason the dough kept sticking to my hand and i got tired of it

next time im gonna buy pre made dough but im not sure if thats Jow Forums approved

yeah thats what I did

maybe i needed more flour

Did you remember to L E A V E I T R E S T for 48 hours and reknead it?

Cant you just get flat bread, homemade tomato sauce, loe fat mozzarella, and some diced chicken breast?

>Be college student
>Want to make poverty pizza
>Toast bread
>Put Ragu sauce on toast
>Slap slice of American cheese on top
>Break up sandwhich meat and put a few chunks on top
>Melt in microwave
I unironically enjoyed it.

Much better calorie control.

Make sure you measure the amount of dough and calories in it.

Say your crust is 600 calories.

Then you add 100 worth of sauce.

500 of cheese.

300 meats.

You now have 1,500 calories.

If you're doing OMAD you can eat the whole thing. Maybe a chicken breast after for more protein and be topping the day at 1,800 calories for your cut.

Pizza isn’t Jow Forums you faggot. It’s not inherently unhealthy but it’s not a “fit” food. Just because is dead doesn’t mean you have to bring that shot here.

your flour is probably too weak, i use a flour with w=260 and i have great results
t. shitalian

Attached: FB_IMG_1525301435598.jpg (720x540, 27K)

why would you need to wait 48 hours? im hungry now

why wouldnt it be healthy? it depends what you put in it

obviously a pizza with meat is unhealthy but a vegan one isnt

I said it’s not inherently healthy retard. You can make anything healthy if you stray far enough from what it really is.

>hurt durr vegan good meat bad
Poorly laid bait

Live and learn user, next time it'll be better. This is the learning process of cooking

hey fuck you man

Actually a calzone is the opposite of a pizza ball, not a regular flat pizza

>though it was doughy ass from the thumbnail.
>it's just dough
oh...