Hey guys I decided to finally go to the gym for the first time...

hey guys I decided to finally go to the gym for the first time. my only question is how much weight can I put on the barbell on one end before it will flip over?

Attached: man-loading-weight-plates-onto-barbell-at-gym-X47YBC.jpg (1300x956, 123K)

why do you ask, user

Way more than you're capable of lifting. Dont worry about it.

i remember someone worked it out once and it came to about 140 kg

45 lbs max

Less than what you'll arrive at mathematically. The barbell usually tips because you made it move when removing weight, not because there was actually enough weight on the other side to tip it by itself

it can happen with 3 plates on one end if the bar is far enough over to one side

3 plate physics

I usually don't let the difference be more than 2pl8.

I'd never put more than 1.5 pl8s on one side without anything on the other.

i don't, could they have been designed so that you can remove/load the heaviest plate on one side before adding another on the other side?

if you need 2pl8 on each side just load them like: 1 left, 1 right, second left, second right. it's the most safe way.

You're supposed to lift the bar when it has weights on both ends, dumbass. Fucking retard.

>he doesn't know how to lift 1 plate
never gonna make it dyel

depends on where the barbell hinges. 40kg(2pl8) more on one side is usually the point where it barely rests on the rack

You should never have more than one plate (45 lbs) difference. So if you're loading up 2pl8, go 1 left, 1 right, 1 left, 1 right. And unload the same way.

For smaller plates the difference doesn't matter as long as it doesn't add up to 45 pounds. So if you're putting 3 10's on there, you can just do each side all at once.

Depends on the lenght, weight and shape of the bar. Additionally, the distance between the points where a bar is supported differs from rack to rack. For example, in my gym, the bar will flip with only 1pl on the bench, but it takes 2pl on the squat rack.

I've had 2.5 on one side with no issue. I think three plates does it, especially if you're tired and drag that first plate off instead of completely supporting the weight.

>person who designed it
how do you load it alone?

Attached: wajakki.jpg (1462x2046, 287K)

It will tip at 4pl8 with the loaded end snug up against the rack. To be safe I don't go over 3.5pl8.

you should consult the gym mathematician

Ask people at the gym

This; you should start paying attention with 2pl8 more on one side that the other, particularly when you're removing weight.

Depends on the distance between the rack support and the resting point of the weight

Just watch how close one side of the bar is to the peg, if one side leans out more than the other it will tip. I had this happen once with only 2 plates on one side. The max I usually load on one side before setting up the other is just under an amount totalling 60kg.

A dude told me 2 plates on one side with nothing on the other is ok. But you won't be using that kind of weight in the rack for at least half a year.

3rd plate will flip it

193.5 lbs

not that user but if I feel it starts tipping I just move the bar farther to the other side to balance it out, then move it back when I put the other pl8

I never leave more that a plate on a side if the other one is empty