Does Jow Forums worry about smoking points when cooking with oils?

Does Jow Forums worry about smoking points when cooking with oils?

Attached: olive-oil-in-frying-pan.jpg (1000x616, 41K)

what the fuck is a smoking point?
are you a fag?

CURSED QUESTION

Oils start to smoke and break down into toxic shit when cooked at certain temperatures.

90% of Jow Forums doesn't know what smoking points are, no they don't give a shit.

I could ccare fucking less for smoking points. I just want to die

Yes which is why I only use peanut oil for frying

Yes, I care. They are important for flavour and health. The only oil I take to smoking point is rapeseed. Other oils I only warm up a little (olive) or heat up but not to the point they start smoking (coconut, sesame).

>rapeseed oil
>Jow Forums

I bought a “Stir-Fry” oil that is apparently cottonseed oil - apparently it has a higher smoke point than Canola oil - anyone used it?

Yes

very much so, i tend to stick to high smoke point oils (groundnut oil, ghee etc.) for everything unless it could do with some olive oil flavour then i use some tasty extra virgin greek/spanish stuff

>hydrogenated cottonseed oil
Fml. Why am I even here?

based

>smoking points

JUST lol. nigga half there people here are pinning so many different chemicals that their left ventricle is exploding like the hindenburg and eating enough saturated fat that their arteries cry out in pain every time they look at an elliptical

this is a board where young 20-something retards try to gain mass faster than ever before in human history not a health forum

Attached: KEK.jpg (490x350, 34K)

The ingredients didn’t say hydrogenated - is it always hydrogenated?

What do you guys think about avocado oil?

Where I'm from it's not much more expensive and smoking point is high.

Where do you find ghee?

Not that user, but you can make it at home if you want to.
If you just want to buy some, you can get it from pretty much anywhere nowdays, costco has it too. Little pricey though but it's nice.
But the best place to get it would be at an Indian grocer.

Thanks. I went to walmart earlier and couldn't seem to find it.

yeah all the time it's why I main canola oil or grape seed oil and only use the bare minimum. Also use a lot of steaming for things that ain't meat.

In U.S. Costco sells it in big jars for cheap sometimes, also Trader Joes.

Enjoy your saturated fat

Its what I use 90% of the time. It works great, smoke point is near 500 degrees f iirc.

you dont have to worry about smoke points of oils much at all, heat up the pan so its hot enough to sizzle whatever you are currently frying
using oil generally is for brainlets just get a quality pan where you dont have to use oil at all and let the myard reaction (natural sugars in meat and veggies melting, caramelising them) do the trick.

its maillard

I stopped worrying about this when I started cooking with refined coconut oil.

>refined
Never going to make it.

Yes? Why would I want to eat burnt disgusting shit?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Houseki no Kuni - 01 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_08.43_[2018.06.15_22.23.56].png (146x592, 88K)

Yes. Burnt olive oil smells and tastes like shit.

>thinks dietary saturated fat is the problem
oh user...

Attached: ((feed)).jpg (550x313, 22K)

After seeing 5 foot flames engulf my kitchen I am too scared to turn the stove up past medium. Smoke point is important and you should be careful with hot oil.

Yes.

Yeah get avocado oil, shit tastes good and has a hi* smoke plight a d has good fats and shit

i live for o-live oil

Is there any actual concrete proof that oil past its smoke point is dangerous? Or is is just another thing on the massive list of stuff you use everyday that might increase your chance of cancer by .00000001%. Honest question from someone who doesnt do a lot of cooking.

>using oil to cook
NGMI

Attached: 1552422376022.png (298x434, 171K)

>Not using butter
Don't have to worry about that shit, butter is godly and actually good for you unlike those heavily processed oils.

I just yank the batteries out of my smoke detector and open the windows. No big deal.

You're an idiot if you don't
Use rapeseed for frying hot shit
And olive oil for dressing

I use avocado oil so I don't have to worry about that. Avocado is the GOAT oil don't even come at me with no other fuck shit, it has a smoke point of five hundred degrees and is the richest of oils in oleic acids and polyunsaturated fatty acids braaah

No because I use pig fat and not oils like a smart person

Take the Sisson pill

Attached: sisson.jpg (440x440, 67K)

use avocado oil for steaks, then add butter and baste 1min before removing

ACTUALLY based. Avocado oil is fucking amazing and pretty cheap at Costco. High smoke point, largely neutral flavor. Love to fry with it.

I've not fried anything with oil in years. I mostly bake or fry on a non-stick surface.

>he's not using coconut oil to cook
are u even trying user

Amazon also. Ghee does not have to be refrigerated. I buy the one made in texas on Amazon. Its cheaper and just as good.

based

>oil
i use the oven whenever i can. i do almost everything in my oven. no added oil and shit. i'm german, maybe this is why i prefer the oven.

Canola is manufactured with petrochemicals. Very unhealthy.

Only use cold pressed oils like avocado, coconut, and olive oil. Or use animal fats.

You're an idiot if you use petrochemical extracted seed oils.

Might as well huff paint, retard.

Cooking in teflon pans without oil is dangerous, because at 250° C the teflon starts to break apart and releases poisonous gases in that process. Also these pans tend to break after a few years. Steel and cast iron pans last a lifetime

I love my cast iron pans

Based peanut oil bro
Literally the only shit I use besides olive oil for cooking and I've never looked back. The brand I get is also nearly completely neutral in taste so there's not residual nut flavor to my food which is goat

Avocado oil is great for high temp searing

And its cold pressed. Too many stupid people using refined oil here.

Enjoy your Omega 6 gains ...the only right answer is coconut oil and animal fats

I use unflavored coconut oil + butter.

Butter alone burns at hot temperatures, you need an oil in the pan.

Straight butter, and heat that shit till it turns black BEFORE you even add the steak. 2 minutes on each side, steak should be blue rare. And eat the fucking gristle and fat you queer.

>Not using high oleic sunflower oil
>Not using algae oil

Sad low energy beta cucks