How come people like Jordan Peterson claim a diet based on meat cured his skin problems whereas other people claim meat...

How come people like Jordan Peterson claim a diet based on meat cured his skin problems whereas other people claim meat causes skin problems? Is it just pseudo bs?

Attached: 1530934711811s.jpg (250x250, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nature.com/articles/1601353
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0271531711000911
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20494161
medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320195.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

listening to Jewrdin Petersun... cringe..

Attached: 550.png (600x704, 64K)

>jewrdan peterstein
just have a balanced diet you idiot and drink lots of water, if you have problems go see a medic

Attached: 1538114003826.jpg (674x451, 84K)

>just have a balanced diet
really dude?

He has a severe autoimmune disorder that doesn't affect 99% of the population.
If you can tolerate plants, there's no reason to the carnivore diet.

Try it. I did all meat for two months. It wasn't magical, but I felt good after the first week. I switched back to a keto diet after two months. Makes me feel just as good and its easier to maintain.

Might as well give it a shot and see if its bullshit for yourself. A month of a new diet won't kill you.

An all meat diet is an elimination diet so it makes sense that health problems would start to go away.

What is your issue with him?

I got skin and gut problems so i'm thinking there's something dietary there. almost all advice is contrarian.

>all people are the same
>all people are equal
>there is no ethnicity, no race, no genetic variance whatsoever

You could give it a shot for 30 days. I did it and it was pretty bad, but some people do well on it.

When did he ever say this? If anything, people usually associate him with the alt-right because he has the audacity to claim that men and women are biologically different.

They're lying. Both of them.

Joe Rogan asked some nutritionists the same question and their response was that they're basically just cutting out everything from their diet when they should be trying things 1 by 1 to figure out what's the actual cause of the skin problem

Different people need different diets. You wouldn't feed a pussycat the same dinner which you would a montain lion.

People which evolved from hunter gatheres and lived in northern europe have a 70% animal diet through the seasons, meaning that during winter it was nearly fully animal products.
Meanwhile people from native african populations can be ehalthy on high carb low protein diets, because they have adapted to it, just like europeans to milk. If you can't deal with whole milk, you're part of the gen pool which hasn't evolved to this benefical nutritional bomb. Further Jewstein has a fucked up digestive system, so running low on certain nutrients might be the better option than constant inflammation.

Eat what your ancestors did, and you'll be fine. Don't fall for meme diets bt rea up what those ate which lived before food has become a for profit market.

Personally I'm eating 70% animal products, lcocal and saisonal greens and rarely some soudough bread (too much and I'm getting super gassy).

nature.com/articles/1601353
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0271531711000911

Rhonda Patrick talked through this a bit on JRE, she reckons it's possibly an effect of caloric restriction rather than of the meat.

>benefical nutritional bomb

how?

i'm british, the staple diet here wasn't exactly nutricious.

Milk is high in fat, protein and vitamins as well as minerals. Beeing able to consume something which is meant to turbo grow a litle cattle, is a benefit compared to those which can only rely on a smalle number of food sources. Those which were able to digest larger quantities before shitting themselves, were able to produce more offspring and give them better survival chances, especially during famines or other food restrictions. You could even easily conserve through fermentation (kefir, joghurt etc).

The bongs had just as much of a good diet as the rest of europe before the rise of agriculture. And most people still can't deal with such great amounts of grains (especially as modern kinds have been selected for additional gluten as it helps in industrial baking). Maybe we will be able to live off grain fully i a couple tousand years, but for now you're best cutting where possible, prefering things like sourdough (read into long rest time, it reduced most API and FODMAPs) or try out ancient grain types like wild rye.

You can also check out the API diet procedure to check out if you feel better leavng out certain things, working your way up. It's the easiest way of selecting the foods which you're fine with without meme diets.

What did most sub-saharan Africans eat before European cultural enrichment? They didn´t have agriculture, and as far as I know there are no wild plants yielding any protein or fat to speak of (or carbohydrates for that matter) growing at any time of the year anywhere on the continent. I´m not a botanist, though.

Side note: I think Jared Diamond mentioned in Guns, Germs and Steel that the only native edible plant in Australia is the macadamia nut.

liver full of glycogen 24/7 causes skin conditions and prolongs inflammation in general.

> Jordan Peterson

Roots, fruits, smaller game, depending on lacation small amounts of fish and certain tribes (west africa) even milk.

So mainly carbs (sugars), low fat, low protein (with few exceptions). That's why you'll see caribeans living off a vegan diet without the same consequences as it would have for norther europeans, which get fucked up pretty quickly once they run out of building blocks stored in their body.

You can check out the upper sources, it's a meta study which should somehwere provide the studies done specifically on the non-euros.

JD and his revisionist book are really nothing you want to base your view of the world on. He tells lies sandwhiches between alf trues. He likes to paint non-whites as victims of everything but their own deeds.

Attached: 1493431054187.jpg (1551x805, 258K)

I've drank milk all my life but due to the recent 'estrogen' scare and all the vegans hating on it I've stopped drinking it.

I think I have a problem with gluten personally...and i'm sure my ancestors ate a lot of that. I will look into sourdough

umm yeah thats literally what hes doing

what's the solution doc

cycle carbs if you are normal
switch to keto if you're a fatass

Actually population that base their calories from rice and carbs are way bigger than population that raise cattle.

On the cattle question. Probably immunity to nasty infectious disease was the biggest advantage. If you got cowpox you are immune to smallpox.

The estrogen thing is real, but it's not the milk at fault but how we get it. Since the 60s we started super breeding for max efficiency, feeding shit like grains to grass eaters (buy grass feed dairy where ever you can) and started milking them through the pregnancy, which means rising estrogen levels with the growing calf. Milk is great, we just fuck our food up in every way we can for (((profit))). Go for grass feed organic milk with full fat, and better even getting your dairy as butter (also grass feed organic for extra nutrients, even Kerrygold should be fine for starters).

If you have problems with gluten, try out baking your own bread and instead letting it rest for 30-60 minutes, like every conventional bakery does, letting it rest for 4-6h (ver night). This process helps break down API and FODMAPs which are nowadays considered to maybe beeing the real problematic substance in bread, instead of gluten. It's a hassle to break your own, but you can get into it and freeze a bigger batch for later.

And, I can't stress fermented food enough. Like Sauerkraut, it really helps your gut, especially after antibitica medication (which kills our intestinal biom). Dairy also is often easier digestible if fermented into divers other dairy products.

People who claim meat give them issues are retarded. If you're not using supplements (aka eating like a normal person) meat is literally the only source of B12 an essence vitamin for our brain to work and develop.

It's literally the only required food for humans and what we ate all the time for 90% of our existence.

>cycle carbs
in english please?
thanks for the information, seems like you know your stuff. i will start drinking this. i take probiotics so i think fermented food wouldn't be that necessary for me. i've always had a problem with what foods to eat despite research. i never eat breakfast or lunch, just on OMAD really.

Quantity doesn't mean Quality. Our population has risen from eating grain, but our life expectancy and quality has fallen. You can see this through anthropological finds, where sceletons from the hunter gatherer period are stronger, bigger and in better shape than those which had a grain based diet.

Sure, immunity is great, but it wasn't realy a problem in small populations. Immunity only has become relevent once we tarted to live together in bigger cities where illnesses could easily spread and mutate (check out the history of syphilis, it was an bad as a cold before we fucked it up). By this time we drank milk for a couple millenia which again is beneficial simply due to caloric intake.

Yeah, I´m not to impressed with JD´s reasoning skills.

>It´s much harder to tame a wild zebra or wilderbeast than already-domesticated Eurasian animals, thus African animals are undomesticable
>Papua New Guineans can learn which mushrooms are edible and which are not, so they are smarter than Newton

However, the base facts he lays down I generally trust to be accurate, like the crop situation in Australia. Didn´t know Africa had any domesticable crops, I´ll look further into that.

Do you know if JD´s claim that crops can easily spread East-West while only South-North with significant difficulty holds much weight? I mean, we won´t grow mangos in Canada anytime soon, so there is something to it, but maybe not as much as JD would have us believe.

Grass feed organic milk is a myth. Organic means nothing. There still high estrogen in milk.

Ironic Onions and flaxseeds disable the estrogen in your body by binding to estrogen receptor, but not triggering any response.

Normal person is obese. Not sure what hard about taking a b12 supplement a day. Most people on Jow Forums are taking creatine and whey protein everyday.

You can now get it in spray form where you just spray into your mouth and it bypasses the stomach.

go see a medic XD

I'm not saying one can't survive without eating meat and supplementing the rest. Vegans seem to do almost fine with supplements on the diet.

I'm just saying meat is a natural part of what we eat. It's the one staple and the one requirement we have.

Probiotic aren't really the same thing. You want fermented food because it also helps down predigesting phytotoxins and spiking vitamins like K2, which you hardly get else where (you can only get K1, which is for the most part useless and found in most greens, bacteria convert it into K2). If you don't like Sauerkraut, check out other recipes, like Kimchi or add some fryed meat into it. Really goas great with harty food.

I OMAD as well, it's really a good option. A I said, if you can affort it buy grass feed and wild caught fish, dairy and meat. If you have a smalle budget, prefer fatty foods (fatty fish, butter and lard in organic quality - most bang for the buck). Lean meat and fish haven't really that much nutrients or accumulate relevant amounts of toxins. Liver, bone narrow and gelatine (again, really good for multiple health reasons) should be as organis as possible, as they are great nutrient bombs but also tend to accumulate antibiotics, dioxins and other shit. Fish should be wild caught because the farmed oes have lower nutritional value (and are more expansive) etting feed on really dioxin-ridden baltic fish and onions, which changes their meat components.

In terms of vegetables, eat saisonally. Some plants have higher phytotoxins out of saison and you can get it ocally, therefore not risking buying farmed in china or brazil shit which gets sprayed with only god knows what.

It's because ketosis is an immunosuppressive state.

>Do you know if JD´s claim that crops can easily spread East-West while only South-North with significant difficulty holds much weight?
Not really my expertise, but that would also seem unreasonable considering that be it south-america, the middle east or scandivia still got their shit together, while other parts with similar latitude didn't. But than again, Im no expert.

>Grass feed organic milk is a myth. Organic means nothing. There still high estrogen in milk.
Organic means that they do not feed antibiotics as often as conventional, that they feed mainly gras and that those animals can live on the outside. Everything benefits the quality of the food. I'm coming into it from a purely scientific point of view having been against organic for 10 years due to lackingd data showing benefits. BUt you can get studies done even on Kerrygold and conventional butter and you will see that things like omega 3 and otehr fatty acids are nearly double in them just like Vit D.

>Ironic Onions and flaxseeds disable the estrogen in your body by binding to estrogen receptor, but not triggering any response.
That might be the case, but It's not something you feed a predator fish with if you want him to have the same nutritional value as one which lives of smaller fish. Further, it has no place in a diet based on your ancestors. Not that it's bad, but I'm personally not a fan of something with sch a shitty ecologcal reputation.

The proof is in the pudding. There is a trail of thousands of ex-vegans on the internet, veganism kills pets and babies, no society has ever thrived on veganism and even vegetarianism has ruined the public health in India.

Then there is a complete lack of ex-carnivore testimonials and the massive amounts of testimonials for the healing power of real food (animals). Every single indigenous society on earth evolved on mostly meat, 70% animal based, increasing to almost 100% animal based in colder climates.

>Is it just pseudo bs?
Yes
literal placebo

If I'm eastern Asian does that mean all I can eat is rice and root vegetables...

What does your average routine of eating look like? Curious.

a pussycat is a full on carnivore and is fully adapted to a protein rich and low fat and low carb diet
>as far as I know
yeah I see, thanks for the info
>what are nuts, seeds, grains, legumes, fruits, honey, roots
did you know that pine needles were eaten in europe too?
what about burned crisp bark of certain trees?

see, this is why paleo retards don't know the truth and never will, they never actually look at the all the information we have concerning paleolithic diets.
sub saharan africans specifically would have access to a rich source of energy from plants all year round although it varied in what type they were.

Your articles do not support your statements at all. And the primary reason that hunter-gatherer diets are non-atherogenic is that they are low calorie (in addition to lacking seed oils and refined fish oils) and thus someone eating one necessarily has a lower concentration of tissue PUFAs.

>worried about estrogen
>literally recommends the highest source of estrogens in the human diet
organic milk has unironically more total estrogen than any other, and the fatter the milk the worse it gets, butter being hundreds of times more dense in estrogen/progesterone/prolactin than whole milk
>I'm coming into it from a purely scientific point of view
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20494161
See link related, "organic" milk is fucking garbage just like regular milk, it's all a fucking scam, cows are still inbred as fuck and with massive hormonal imbalances and are also milked to their deaths which mean the pregnancy related hormones accumulate in their bodies and just keep going higher and higher

not him but PUFA intake in hunter gatherer populations is estimated to be way higher than it is now so you're worng
seafood has always been a staple in the human diet, same as wild grains which were ground up with stones and eaten way before agriculture

Proportionately yes, but not absolute.

>Thanks for the info
"As far as I know" is an expression usually employed to imply that one is open to being corrected. In fact, I dropped it in there as an invitation to do so.

>did you know that pine needles were eaten in europe too? what about burned crisp bark of certain trees?
I didn´t

I´m not paleo, nor am I a retard. I look at all the information available to me, but knowing that I haven´t seen it all (and never will), so I try to come by as much as possible by, for example, invite others to supply it.

>sub saharan africans specifically would have access to a rich source of energy from plants all year round although it varied in what type they were.
And what plants were these? That was my initial question.

>And what plants were these?
we don't know the exact types, we can merely predict them just like we did with neanderthals in southern paleo europe, where they found specific pockets of them with 0 animal material in their dental remains, but material coming from mushrooms, moss, bark, some unidentified variants of wild fruit, some relative of olives, some relative of beans, some relative of pistachios, some relative of lupins.
plant matter degrades much faster than animal matter so it's hard to find actual samples that can be analyzed specially in a humid and hot climate such as sub saharan africa

I think we can assume that these plants did not go extinct, so we can infer what they ate from what indigenous plants is available there to eat now. Are there any?

Are you implying that Southern European Neanderthals were vegan? I am almost certain that they could not possibly have been. If they weren´t vegan, and they have found no animal material in their dental remains, but they did find plant remains, that only tells us that animal remains are more readily broken down into (literally) nothing in our mouths than are plant material, which could indicate that we homos are, indeed, way more adapted to digesting meats than plants.

Retard

Like me. 2 months going strong. Hardest part is figuring out how much, and of what you should be eating.

Can you be more specific?

The person you replied to () wasn't quoting things that Jordan Peterson has said.

So it´s () who are the retard, not (), who correctly pointed out that () was wrong?

it worked for your ancestors
they ate vegetables meat fish and a lower amount of carbs, while varying the food, since it was what they had available, and they did fine, got muscular and conquered the world, so why shouldnt it work for you

No. was responding directly to the assertions made by the OP. Do you understand how greentexting works?

I think the point was, what is a "balanced diet"?

I think I do. It signify quotation. () was "quoting" OP by paraphrasing his understanding of JP´s arguments, but it was a horrible misquotation of what JP has ever said, which () correctly pointed out. Then you called him a retard. And I wonder why you did.

>It signify quotation.
Not always.

Look, I'll make this as simple as I can. OP asked a question. answered it by pointing out that there are genetic differences between people. His reply had nothing to do with what Jordan Peterson has said.

Who is this succubus?

'Eat like a Victorian farm-hand' may not be the best advice

No, your ancestors ate meat anf fish plentyfull. It might be more expansive to imitate this nowadays though.

Pretty much OMAD in the evening, but not reall y too autistic about it. I eat 1500kcal daily (womanlet), so ~300-400g meat or fish, 300-400g mostly green veggies, like kale with some cream and goose lard yesterday or fermented red cabbage today, or cooked spinach, most of the time some butter with herbs to make the meat and fish a bit more juicer. Nuts as a snack, or some air dried salami or serrano. I try to eat fish and meat in turns. Fish mostly get more dairy and eggs (like dill-cream sauce or some sunny side up fried one on top). If I'm feeling lazy I thaw a bt of sauerdough bread and eat some nice italian lunchmeat with butter. In fall we eat local venison, in sommer we eat more veggies.

The hardest thing is to get a grip on whats in season, what has the necessary nutrients and how to make it tasty and cheap.

>hunter-gatherer diets are non-atherogenic is that they are low calorie
[citation needed]

>organic milk has unironically more total estrogen than any other
It's no problem for a population used to it. The problem are the much higher amount of e, progesteron and many others newly added to the calculation. The only study on it was made on japanese subjects, so it's hardly representable for europeans. It's like making on on alcohol in asia.

>pasteorisiert and homogenisiert
>Compared with information cited in the literature, concentrations of E(1) and E(2) in bovine milk are small relative to endogenous production rates of E(1) and E(2) in humans.
Aye lmao. That's trash though. Keep in mind that if the body couldn't deal with estrogen, no males would survive early developement and childhood beeing breastdfeed. Whole foods are much more complex than simply seeing estrogen and going apeshit.

>see, this is why paleo retards don't know the truth and never will
Many animals and plants used as part of our ancestors diets are already extinct, but nobody is saying that you have to eat 1:1 what they ate. It's more about knowing where most of their nutrents came from as that's for which our intestines and receptors have evolved. And in the end of the day it doesn't really matter if you eat deer, cow or mammuth as long as you try to not only eat muscle fibers but narrow, organs and connective tissue. Same goes for veggetables. We can categorise certain plants into certain families, those taxonomical families have plants which are still available today, so we can consume those. It's not perfect but obviously better tha living of grains, avocados and rapeseed oils.

PS: I actually do collect wild mushrooms, acorns and differnt herbs from the wild to add to my diet and so should everybody who has the ability to "gather" if not even hunt. There is beeing pedantic and than there is beeing just dismissive for whatever reason.

>way more adapted to digesting meats than plants.
Look into gut to body length ratios. The longer your gut, the more a living creature is adapted to extract nutrients from plant matter. Cats are at 2-3:1, sheep at 21:1 (if I remember it correctly) and modern humans are at 4-6:1, depending on the data set and not counting in racial differences, so probabl a bit lower for northcucks and a bit higher for nibbas.

Peterson has a disorder you spastic.

do you have discord? if you don't mind sharing it. would love to know more, maybe i pass back some knowledge too.

Someone doesn't understand diet!

I'm too much of a neo boomer for discord, but if you like I'll give you a trash mail adress, where you can message me.
[email protected]

ready for it user?

two words

balancing hormones

Jordan Peterson is an idiot that misuses statistics and research for his own agendas. If you believe what he says you're a sperg and an incel

>If you believe what he says you're a sperg and an incel
Really going out of your way to make youself look retarded, roastie.

You absolute fucking retard there isn't going to be one thing that works for everyone because people vary. Jesus christ you absolute fucking retard. No shit it's "contrarian" what one person needs is what some other nigger is getting too much of and needs to cut back on

Christ almighty how do you not get that. FIgure out what the fuck YOUR body needs and stop being a giant fucking idiot

No, he's using statistics correctly since statistics are nothing but a device to lend faux-credence to the cases of liars

Attached: 7i4goxy.jpg (640x822, 109K)

Check out and find what bothers you. It's a method not a really diet on which you want to stay.

medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320195.php

Whenever you hear "skin" and some health claim your first reaction should be "placebo/nocebo effect".

Plenty of people just meme shit to one another about what makes their skin look good. When you actually try and find experiments that support that, hard to find. So look it up.

"What's the basis for that claim?" If it's only "well I did this and now I look way better"- big red flag.

He thinks our ancestors had the luxury of balanced diets.

Attached: 1552737655649.jpg (598x554, 20K)

The answer actually is probably along the lines of "do what works for you" rather than "listen to youtubers."

Fair enough, but if you can't see how it can be misinterpreted as a pol talking point, you're the retard.

meant for

>hunt meat
>gathe vegetable, fruits, mushrooms, nuts and herbs depending on season
Balanced is a meme term for boomer health advice. As long as you eat the best raised meat you can affort and eat local green veggies, supplementing with wahtever else is in season you're fine. It's not really a luxury, it's only made into one by modern agriculture and farming, which made us int weak manlets compared to earlier hunter gatheres, whcih we only recently surpassed again through industrial sized overfeeding.

>jewdin peterstein
>is he a pseudo-intellectual
yikes...

Well, if the picture says so...

>>gathe vegetable, fruits, mushrooms, nuts and herbs depending on season
Many places would have very little if not none of those things even in the summer

Meat is always there, fish as well. Fruits are plrentifull in the fall, roots can be eaten nearly through the year. Nuts, herbs and shrooms can easy ar dry. Even in scandinavia you can eat plentifull for 3/4 of the year, especially considering the population density back than. And during winter you mainly eat meat and don't do anything really. Even fasting would be beneficial as it helps break down fucked up cells.

YOu might want to cheak out saisonal calenders for your region and than kep in mind that those only have those veggies listed which can be bought in most supermarkets. Your ancestors would have had multiple times the amount of different veggies available. You really seem to lack any knowledge at all about norther european flora and fauna.

what plant based foods can you find in a deciduous area that provide a decent ammount of calouries? Literally 0

JUDEN PETERSTEIN, amirite guys?

Depends on the time of the year. Last things are fruits, mushrooms, chestnuts and orther nuts and acorns. Bee hives are always there. Edible roots as well. As anther user mentioned, they also ate pines and other stuff you wouldn't today. If your main diet is meat, which it was saisonally, it's not realyl a problem for a couple months if you're only resting.

Again, you seem to not understand how much edible shit actually grows out there if we would not betonate everything over to feed niggers.

What's the name of the girl? She's qt af

Here is my saisonal food list for the deepest winter with current small variety supermarket tier food sources which are all regional. Now ad 20 wild birds and otehr animals, additional wild fish now extinct and a shitton of other nutritional sources. You will be absolutely fine.

Attached: Januar.png (2970x2100, 1.27M)

Her name is Google Reverse Image Search

He's a psychologist. Idk why he's taken as an authority on literally anything other than psychology.

The Petersons have legitimate health problems and require a specialized diet. That doesn't mean that their diet is appropriate for the general population.

Actually scratch that, my autism made me update it to add common shrooms, herbs and conventional meat sources to visual the variety which is accesible even today in the worst fucking time of the year, let alone before profit-hungry crypto-kikes ruined everything with the industrial society.

Attached: Januar.png (2988x3756, 2.11M)

>Do you know if JD´s claim that crops can easily spread East-West while only South-North with significant difficulty holds much weight?
It's all about the climate, there is not many crops that can adapt to new climates well and when you go north-south the climate can be insanely different, while there's not much of a difference going west-east. Also plants are very sensitive to sunlight so if you change their exposure to it they will identify as an season or another.

>go see a medic
Or a doctor if you don't reside in the town of 2Fort

Peterson. Jordan. Dislike him. A cheap sophist, pretentious and inauthentic. A charlatan, pathological narcissist and audacious moralist. Some of his recent ramblings have been extraordinarily amusing. Maps of Meaning. His best work. Though an obvious and shameless imitation of Solzhenitisyn's "Gulag Archipelago". 12 Rules For Life. Dislike it intensely. Potential psychological markers for the predisposition to alcoholism. Dislike it intensely. Ghastly rigmarole.

Citation needed

Because he has a chronic autoimmune condition and they don't