Can you get big on 5x5?

Can you get big on 5x5?

Attached: 1552650912140.png (640x960, 365K)

I had the best results doing 5x5 because I like simple workouts and lifting heavy. I did PPL(push,pull,legs) and I had very good results. I'm 220 5'10 and most people in rugby think that I look much lighter until they actually lift me. Would only recommend doing it with a bulk though because you would need the extra mass.

I just download the "stronglifts" app and I am starting it on Monday. I got a powerrack, bench and barbell so I should be good to go. Is this program good for beginner? I have no experience and I'm fat.

Yed

It is good, but if you're truly fat, don't bulk. Make sure to eat at a deficit. You'll make gains either way as a beginner, but you'll regret it if you end up fatter than you already are.

I didn't know you could gain muscle at a deficit

Why are you not starting today?

You can. Newbie gains work even on a severe deficit. I lost 15 kilos over 3 months and my squat went up to 3pl8s, I'm seeing way more definition. Especially in the chest/arms and quads areas.

I am moving this weekend so my rack is not set up.

You should buy weights as well

As long as you get enough protein. If you're a lardarse your body can eat itself to make up the difference.

Go for a run then.

is there a recommended amount of protein I need?

On a calorie deficit good results were observed with 120g+/day

is it ok to count plant protein too?

Yep. Don't over think it. Just make sure you get at least ~100 gm protein per day.

Start by eating 3/4 of whatever you regularly eat. That would put you in a deficit automatically.

>hey can I get some information pertaining to fitness
>ITS NEVER TOO EALRY TO START GO RUN NOW 110% BRO TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OD YOUR LIFE

whats the name of this meme

Trips comic

Bump

I stagnated for a long time on 5x5. I've found drastic improvements with more volume. I also neglected isolation(arms), which is another regret.