Be me, a 5'9 175 lbs roundboi dyel

>be me, a 5'9 175 lbs roundboi dyel
>spend months lurking, gaining knowledge, being humble, learning about fitness and lifting
>start hitting the gym
>one month later: lost 10 lbs, feeling better than ever, increased my lifts
>today, pull day, doing deadlifts
>silluete of a Joe Rogan lookalike personal trainer approaches me
>"WHY ARE YOU IN SQUAT POSITION WHILE DEADLIFTIN?"
>starts taunting me how I will break a spine, how 1.5 pl8 is too much for me to DL, how I am rude, hitting the weights loudly and using a bounce-off effect (I did not do that)
>do a 1 pl8 set of 10 reps, improving my form as suggested
>good form but you are going to get injured user
>runs off to the group training with some stacies

I feel like shit. I am spending hours and hours improving and educating myself, and I still feel like Chads at the gym are shitting at me. Wat do?

Attached: 1550793801230.jpg (1536x2048, 650K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bretcontreras.com/the-keys-to-stronger-deadlifts/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is this how manlets talk to each other?

Yes

Take what improves you whether or not it's bitter. Discard anything that does not.

>tfw scream, bang weights, curse, spit, and sweat all over the gym without wiping it down
>nobody has ever made a single remark to me

just 6'3" things

What's your question?

This would never happen at any gym. This is retarded fantasy.

>"WHY ARE YOU IN SQUAT POSITION WHILE DEADLIFTIN?"

This "trainer" has no clue what he's talking about or else he would know that the ideal starting position for deadlifts varies with limb length and is not the same for everyone.

If you have short legs, long torso you look more like squatting, it's normal.

I usually pick a dyel manlet and force him to re-rack my weights after I am done kek

>>"WHY ARE YOU IN SQUAT POSITION WHILE DEADLIFTIN?"
Well? Were you in a squat position while deadlifting?

No you don't

>>spend months lurking, gaining knowledge, being humble, learning about fitness and lifting
>>start hitting the gym

lmfao so you spent MONTHS reading Jow Forums without even lifting, daily reminder that half the people here have never set foot in a gym

bretcontreras.com/the-keys-to-stronger-deadlifts/

^ this is one of the best articles i've read on deadlift technique - it's simple and no bullshit
be very wary of taking advice from randoms at the gym. if you want to know how your technique is, VIDEOTAPE YOURSELF. don't go off what some faggot loudmouth says
if what he says is right, it probably means you're starting with your hips low and your shins forward over the bar rather than vertical

One time I dropped a plate on some manlets smartphone on purpose, he was so intimidated that he didn't even try to do anything about it lmao

I love torturing them intentionally, but making them think its unintentional.

Thanks user! And yes, that was the problem with my form, you are correct.

what herb is that sprinkled over the eggs?

Next time someone tries this shit, literally just tell them to get the fuck out of your face and continue to lift.
I mean Jesus, this is basic shit user, you fucking raised homeschooled or something and dont know how to handle bullies?

no worries mate, check out the sister article to that one about squats as well - i highly recommend it
some people in the gym do have legit advice. i usually hear them out for a bit and then either politely suggest that i'd like to continue with my workout uninterrupted or if they've got useful things to say i'll run with it

You’ll learn very quickly that 98-100% of the people in the gym have no idea what they’re talking about. Start doing reading on physiology and nutrition so when these people approach you it’s easy to absolutely shit on them. Nothing like watching some gym hero turbo-chad wannabe get visibly frustrated when you tell them that a bench arch is safer than flat back benching.

Attached: 8DD165A0-0BEA-4A59-94EC-A58FDC47EEF2.jpg (1280x1276, 155K)

how is an arch safer than flat back? i don't immediately see a reason for one to be more injurious than the other if you execute with good form

It's black pepper and it's not a herb

Depends on the arc, really. A slight arc is better than none but dont go full retard like powerlifters do

You mean arch

Ok, just dont do this

Attached: retard.jpg (450x437, 165K)

Back snappers are a great exercise fag

When you get somebody who challenges you like that, step back from the bar and ask him to lift it.

seriously what are you niggers talking about here? is there actually any reliable evidence relating degree of arch to risk of injury? obviously a ridiculous arch is going to compromise your spinal position but if we're not talking about full retard mode then are you sure there's a difference in injury risk?

The guys that tell you to arch and/or use leg drive are the same guys that complain that bench isn't growing their chest lmao.

literally retarded if you think arching your back fucks your chest development

t. "Benching is not a chest exercise" fag
Cope harder