Can weed really help with anxiety/depression or is it all a lie by stoner addicts?

Can weed really help with anxiety/depression or is it all a lie by stoner addicts?

If anything it heightens my social anxiety and confusion around other people, while exacerbating my negative thought and behaviour loops while alone. The only way I can see it aiding depression is that you're probably less likely to kill yourself while high. What are your thoughts Jow Forums?

Attached: 420.jpg (1420x868, 105K)

i stopped smoking that shit 12 years ago because it started giving me anxiety attacks every time i smoked it for some reason. it seems to be a common thing, don't waste your time listening to stoners. it's a dipshit boring drug anyway.

I'd say it's more of the satisfaction of actually doing

no.
Cannabis just relaxes you and you keep craving that relaxtion. You become addicted overtime, you just lie to yourself constantly. Yea, its safer than alcohol or cigs but still addictive and it triggers schizophrenia in some people. It has its ups and downs.

Just fix your diet and do meditation and yoga.

some strains work some don't on diff people, if not just try benzos

I smoke erry day but would quit if I had the time, but as I work 15hrs a day 7 days a week, a few sleepless nights because of quitting would likely kill me. It is a shit drug that makes you feel shit, causes anxiety, panic attacks and paranoia. However without that 1-2hrs a night getting high af and playing vidya I probably would've killed myself by now. The paranoia and super-alertness actually really focuses you on vidya and it's a pretty comfy feeling.

It does, cbd oil has been legalized in most if not all states now I believe, doesn't get you high but really does help with anxiety

It does make anxiety worse but it can also help you shift your perspective which is what actually cures depression and anxiety.

cbd literally does nothing other than help people with seizures

maybe if I post in this thread the magic weed fairy will give me some weed

This is now a qeed thread ayyyy

Just picked up 2 oz of gorilla glue for 300 (not a legal state)
Whatcha smoking on tonight anons?

Using a substance to survive the wagecuck is something 70% of the population does. It's just that alcohol doesn't "count" since it has culture around it or something.

>Actually use it medicinally instead of fiending
>Start clean no tolerance
>Smoke low dose preferred strain in the morning (sativa fx)
>Go on with your shitty life
>Come home from life
>Smoke low dose preferred strain in the evening
>Cook n shit and relax
>Go to bed
Congrats you made it through one of many days.
Nothing will 'cure' depression, merely keep it at bay and make it tolerable.
Somehow people have forgotten that weed itself is a drug as well and that you can dose it rather than just rolling up a full joint and smoking the whole thing because why not and then build up your tolerance to that point, and smoking more than 1 hit off your bong and maybe i'll just get another joint.
Figure out a dosage, stick to it, live with it. If you want to use it medicinally, respect it as a medicine instead of fucking fiending on it which is really easy to do because people basically respect at the same as alcohol at this point.

2 zips for 300 is great. I used to pay twice that when I started smoking

I just picked up some Chem #4, tried and true strian. Love it

It can go both ways pretty hard. As in reduce it or amplify it (specifically anxiety)

I was 18 and used to smoke weed daily. I was very awkward and it helped a lot to get my life in order. Whenever I got high I instantly would think "wow why am i not doing x y or z" and go into full productive mode. Made a lot of progress.
However there does come a lot of insanity along with it. Using drugs to cope with shitty emotions is the most common method to develop an addiction. You fuck up your brain's reward system while also bypassing negative emotions that eventually blow up and everything goes to shit.
So no. Developing an addiction is not a good way to deal with depression and yeah weed is addictive no matter how much people meme the opposite in social media.

It effects everyone differently. Some people I know can smoke a bong and they're more social than ever and some people I know just go mute when they're high.

you're pretty on point. Weed isn't great for mental illness. It's better for mental illness caused by external things, like phsyical injury, victims of abuse or ptsd. If you're fucked up internally from your own mind weed WILL further mess with you negatively. Speaking from experience. I haven't smoked in a while now and feel better.

Short term it helps. Whenever you're not high, it's just going to come right back.

>Whenever I got high I instantly would think "wow why am i not doing x y or z" and go into full productive mode. Made a lot of progress.
Whenever I'm stoned I tell myself, "hey I should do/watch/play something" but end up just watching YouTube videos of random shit that pops up. I always feel like I'm "wasting" the high

It can really help with both anxiety and depression honestly, at least in my case. Ever since I began smoking weed regularly (once a week ish) I've noticed I'm able to cope with my anxiety a lot better, and I have a lot fewer panic attacks than I used to . Unfortunately you've has bad experiences because weed affects everyone completely differently.

Everyone gets affected by weed differently though. Yeah, for some people it only helps them while they're high, but for me in general life I've experienced a very noticeable decrease in my levels of anxiety, and my depression no longer affects me as much as it used to

It helped me forget about all my problems but after quitting 4 months ago I can see it's made me borderline retarded and I won't recover, which Jus makes me more depressed

Not true weed gives me awful anxiety so I tried CBD and it actually relaxes and eases my tension and anxiety

Does weed make anyone else more quiet and socially awkward? I feel like I feel way too self aware of everything I'm saying and I get all existential and I end up just tired and hungry and wanting to sleep. Idk how some enjoy it daily.

>mental illness caused by external things, like phsyical injury
wdhmbt

>negative thought and behaviour loops

I get that normally but calm down when I do edibles. If I do feel anxious, it comes with a sense of self awareness so I'm able to think about how irrational those thoughts are and disregard them. I have difficulty time doing that sober. It feels too raw.

I never do it around other people, though.

weed contains thc and cbd... the medical one has more cbd ...cbd help for depression ,anxiety ect but thc doesnt actually it might even make it worst but it helps on other things ...so i suggest you look it up and go ether for medical marijuana with more cbd or just cbd ...but im sure it helps more than the antidepressant pills ...atleast thats what my gf told me i personally dont have that much depression that i cant control but i still do smoke weed ..

Anyone who has only good things to say about weed is still in their honeymoon phase. As soon as you begin to develop tolerance AND lose the novelty of the experience it becomes a total hindrance. Of course this is not everyone's experience but from those I've spoken to, and the countless testimonies I've read online, this is the case for most people. Initially great. Perfect. Then less and less, and less, and worse. Smoking alone never gets old, but without strict scheduling it does nothing but make your life worse.