Does OCD compound on itself if you give in to it? does it worsen if you don't stop...

does OCD compound on itself if you give in to it? does it worsen if you don't stop? mental illnesses literally rot your brain because your brain is being used in a dysfunctional way, right? I'm talking specifically about OCD.

Attached: 28-nails-chalkboard.w700.h700.jpg (700x700, 69K)

post your compulsions and ill give you advice if you really have ocd

if you are a dumb faggot that thinks having a clean room is ocd then i wont

rituals i do... it's hard to explain any of them but I've cut them down. it used to be much worse..

if someone walks into the room I'm in. I have to use my hand like a fan and push the *dirty* air out in a long rituals that takes a few minutes, it used to be like 10 minutes

if I leave the room, and return,. have to do this blowing ritual around my mouth.

I have to wipe my hands after touching something foreign

I cant explain anymore it's too fucked up to even describe,. it it's extremely debilitating and has been running/ruining my life. I MUST do them or I'll feel like I'm not good enough, or too stupid or too late to e. do anything great wit my life because *I can't even do these simple rituals* etc.. I can't stand it
ha. man more rituals and stupid things but it's too much to go into. it all started after i conked my head 2.5 years ago, not too hard either.

also typing this on a cheap phone, I don't type like this normally.

I have severe ocd.
If you feel like the rituals are taking over and the anxiety you feel if you dont do them is getting worse each day, get into treatment right now. This can potentially ruin your life. Im not joking. Find a good therapist who knows how to do erp asap. Treatment is a pain in the ass and it takes it time but the more you wait the harder it will be to do it

you have to just stop. realize that it doesn't make you dumb, or lazy, or not good enough. if you say "Fuck this, this is all bullshit."
What it is doing is WASTING YOUR TIME, PERMANENTLY. You will never, ever get the time back that you spend performing these pointless rituals. Your OCD is probably trying to fuck wit yh right now as you are reading this, going "He just doesn't know what's this is really about. you must do these rituals or you won't be special. it will all have been for nothing. don't you trust yourself?"

Your brain on OCD is running on poison. it is a feedback loop(literally a dysfunctional feedback loop in the brain) that is capable of ruining your entire life. it is an extremely negative trait. it will NOT help you.

You may say "but maybe it will make me more humble to do these things that are making me miserable" or something similar. THIS is an extremely, extremely poisonous way to go about things. it is not positive at all. you are basically hallucinating a faux benefit by giving in to OCD. You think it is good for you, but it is genuinely an extreme negative trait that is pushing you further down into a hole of mental illnesses and soiling any potential you may actually possess.

Just STOP. You will feel like you just walked out of a sleepwalk and the anxiety will dissipate if you just make yourself not do the rituals for one day. Everything will suddenly move into a more positive outlook. because you won't be bogged by the constant rituals and anxiety from OCD. it is poisonous thinking. mentally ill people think that there is nothing wrong with them, and what they're doing is totally okay and beneficial. STOP NOW BEFORE YOU ARE TOO DEEP TO PULL YOURSELF OUT OF THE HOLE.

Attached: JPEG_20181227_232159.jpg (560x560, 128K)

I took a bunch of acid once and then I really knew what crazy was. Sort of put me off from doing most of my rituals ever since.

I do somewhat different things. I'm not at such a serious state but I reason it with something along the lines of "I will lose an integral part of who I am and my independence if I do not continue to do these things".

>I have to wipe my hands after touching something foreign

I have to touch water, even if just my finger tips. Gotta get those bad vibes off somehow.

Also wanted to add, you will probably feel guilty about not performing the rituals but thats just the ocd talking. And its important to understand that you cant avoid this feeling. Ocd makes unreal thoughts feel real and you cant avoid it, it is a brain disorder. The only way to get rid of ocd is not performing the rituals, and let the anxiety run through your brain until it goes away. I wouldnt do it on my own though, it can be pretty hard. As i said before try to find a good therapist. Good luck

>"I will lose an integral part of who I am and my independence if I do not continue to do these things".
that's exactly what it feels like. I'll lose what makes me "me" if i stop, and I'll end up being some generic nobody that gave up.

it's the little things that get me and that's why I hate them the most, because they are just rational enough to actually hurt and confuse me.
>pizza box fell on the floor. now it's dirty. completely irrelevant to my actual life but fuck it. take the plastic-wrapped pizza out of the box and throw the box out. the pizza has to come out of that box at some point, right?
>lid for peanuts jar falls into the trash can. well that lid was going into the trash eventually. pour the remaining hot peanuts into the regular peanuts and use that jar's lid. not too bad I guess, right?
>ice cream droplet falls onto the countertop. fuck now I have to wipe that up. well fuck that delusional thought I'll just let it dry and it won't do any harm and the countertop will get cleaned later anyway. wait, isn't it normal to wipe up spilled ice cream?
fuck OCD

that's not even OCD fuck off kindly

>just be mentally healthy, bro
thanks for the novel, I guess

Ey, thanks for the text, user. Had OCD since a kid, really fucked up my teenage (school, friends, all of it). I have this mindset of "request help=bad", but recently I'm realizing that maybe after all I cannot do it by myself (20 y/o and not getting better). May research for therapy in a few weeks

Thanks again. Take care

OCD isn't a mental illness that cannot be controlled through therapy, so yes be mentally healthy. this isn't schizophrenia or bipolar. it is controllable and killable if you refuse to comply with your brain.

coming up on 25 and undiagnosed. I'm still mad that the public school system wanted it.
I honestly don't even know what therapy for OCD would be. they probably just give antipsychotics and SSRIs.

Anxiety and depression both work that way so why not

the therapy is
and it works

what does that have to do with seeking help?

I don't know either. I wouldn't like to take pills again, that's for sure... we'll see

Hope you get better, friend. Best wishes

OCD literally fries your brain and ruins months to years of your life. And despite taking multiple medications and seeing multiple therapists neither did anything for me.

I can't even explain why I currently have it under relative control, even though I always feel it trying to burst through. I think it's that it got so bad that sometime around 2 years ago my brain basically shorted out. My sense of time and long term memories are also super fucked up.

Honestly I have no advice to give. I've heard other people had success with meds and therapy so feel free to try those. In any case with time eventually it should stabilize and you will get better at dealing with it.

As for people saying "just stop doing it lol" despite me literally always trying 100% to resist urges I was never able too, and I guess that's the same with many other people with OCD, doesn't mean you shouldn't always resist the compulsions 150% though, giving in immediately is always worse, even if you eventually relapse.

One good thing is that I assume it makes it easier to get NEETbux, lol.

Attached: 9.jpg (700x467, 62K)

just stop doing it

thats literally all u have to do, i used to have very bad ocd now its very tiny and manageable

>want to stop so fucking badly
>tell myself to keep doing it until I go off to school because it's only a few months away and then I can stop forever
it's hell

Attached: bs.png (911x623, 9K)

What you're pretty much saying is the meme of people saying "Why are you depressed? Just be happy."

Attached: Autismo Brainlet.png (213x237, 8K)

that type of procrastinating never works, especially not with OCD. always stop ASAP

not at all

ocd isnt the same as depression

Posted this yesterday in a different thread. For me, it has stayed the same over the years in terms of the rituals. What has changed is my reasons for doing them. Eventually, the rituals become second nature to you and you do not even think about it anymore. You know they are a waste of time, but at the same time, they are just what you do, so it does not bother you anymore even though it should

Unironically start going to a therapist again. They should help you start weaning off your rituals. Dealing with OCD or any mental illness is much harder with no support structure. Or if you can't then each day reduce how many time you do the ritual by 1. best wishes user

Thanks but seeing a shrink did not really help at all. I have tried to reduce the rituals but all that ends up happening is that I think about the fact that I skipped a ritual. So I am replacing the ritual with a thought about it which is even worse tbqh. Would rather just do the ritual and get it over with.

you said you got hit on the head and got OCD. did you get any positive outcomes from hitting your head?
is it normal for OCD to come with mental benefits or is that something that is unrelated?

Where did I say I got hit on the head?
>mental benefits
I guess it depends on what the compulsions are. For some people, their compulsions might be that of a perfectionist. Everything has to be orderly and perfect (whatever perfect is to them). You could see how that could help in education. For most people, ocd does not have any benefit.

it must have been another guy who said he got hit on the head 2.5 years ago.
I did not know if any benefits were normal. I've wondered about that for a long time but I usually never talk about OCD

i conked my head and definitely have seena complete change, it's like I'm a different person, but the OCD I also have from it sucks. I was a complete moron before I conked my head, it's weird.

>I was a complete moron before I conked my head, it's weird.
what mental improvements have you experienced?

Designed any cool new planes recently?

I suppose if it is a benefit, then it might not really be considered debilitating. I guess it depends. OCD compulsions are only really considered debilitating if they are affecting your daily life. If you have a compulsion, like wanting things to be perfect, is it really a negative, even if it takes up a lot of your time? Some may say it is a negative, some may say it is a positive because of the benefit of perfection.
Can you tell us more?

I have OCD and the only thing that's been effective at making things less awkward is learning to save up all the little rituals and stuff until I'm in the privacy of home and can release it all in one go, it's easier to resist the urges to do them if you just tell yourself that you'll do it later rather than telling yourself to just not to it at all. For example as soon as I get home from work I'll have my shower etc. and then just let it all out and cross things off my mental list that I couldn't do while I was there without looking like a knob. I honestly don't even know when I started doing this, I just did at some point.

Attached: 04115a1ce1353065067957507aba26e2.jpg (753x1063, 87K)

I meant benefits unrelated to the OCD itself, like benefits in memory or geometry

I will answer your question about perfectionism. things will absolutely never be perfect even if some ritual is performed, but it is nice if OCD helps you quickly notice when something is out of place or missing.
also I asked about memory and geometry because I read an article about a different guy who hit his head and he got OCD and those mental improvements

OCD is horrible. I feel for all of you.

The obsession element is probably more debilitating than the compulsive element, at least in my experience. When I was 20 I wanted to kill myself as I felt guilty over a memory. Most people can let it go but it gnawed away at me and I wanted a hole to swallow me up.

Constant, painstaking rumination on minor details is awful.

I'm smarter after getting OCD but the actual OCD part sucks.