Why did it go from "just be yourself" to "just improve yourself"?

Why did it go from "just be yourself" to "just improve yourself"?

Attached: 1546579437468.jpg (1080x1246, 119K)

Looking at us, isn't it obvious?

you should be improving yourself anyways

Because improving and bettering yourself is better than just staying 400 pounds and unhealthy. It's not just an unhealthy thing either, could also be about your personality, or social skills.

Why wouldn't you try to improve yourself? Unless you were blessed with the Chad genes you can't get away with being a loser with no skills. It's also nice to actually be good at something or even see yourself get better.

Just be yourself still applies. Being yourself doesnt mean you cant learn and grow. The improvement shit existed on this board before you were even born

I know he's photoshoped but his cranium looks so fucking small.
Also,could someone post the unshoped pics of him?

>The improvement shit existed on this board before you were even born

Attached: 1366515426905.jpg (218x218, 11K)

>I know he's photoshoped but his cranium looks so fucking small.
Whole point you mong. Looks way more masculine
Small cranium + small lower third = HUNTER GOD
If you have strong bones and a small cranium your ancestors were probably mammoth hunters (this is actually true)
bcs people realized how ugly motherfuckers on here are.
Self improvement is a meme and a form of coping. The best way is to clear your head and forget about everything. You will never make it.

Finally a thread with something to discuss. Op c00l

Attached: 1547039184708.jpg (452x445, 18K)

The fact this is a real person still amazes me

>Why wouldn't you try to improve yourself?
Because self improvement is a meme and just a cope for people with shit genes

Attached: virginselfimprovement.png (1386x570, 303K)

>implying I can change my beta tendencies after being dumpstered in high school by everyone
Yeah right. Just be more confident and aggressive. Why just not be an ass to everyone lol. Just say what you think lol. Don't hide yourself! Don't bottle up emotions. Just express yourself!!11 xD Fuck you assholes.

Attached: 1546146537730.jpg (1280x1280, 375K)

It's not tho? It's some roastie photoshopping her shitskin bf.

because you become the person you want to be through improving yourself

>Why did it go from "just be yourself" to "just improve yourself"?
Just Being Yourself is peak self improvement

That's still contradicting the whole "be yourself" motto.

"Improving yourself" essentially means changing yourself (whether we're talking in entireties or to degrees); which isn't "being yourself."

The "virgin" in that pic actually looks considerably better than he normally does.

I don't think that helps support your argument.

you're not a static entity. you're always changing. Being yourself doesn't mean being the same as you are right now, or at some arbitrary point in the past.

"Be yourself" refers to not doing things that don't line up with who you are because you expect it'll make you more attractive to girls. The big example I give is going to clubs to pick up chicks. Everyone at the club is there to get drunk and dance to music. If you're there because girls are there, not because you enjoy drinking and dancing, then you're not being yourself.

On the other hand, if you're losing weight to be more healthy, or keeping or space clean because it'll help you focus better, then you're just taking steps to be a better version of yourself. If you want to limit yourself by identifying with your dysfunction, then you're still gonna grow old and change as the years wear on you, but you'll be stuck in the adolescent phase of personal development.

Self improvement is for low EQ self conscious virgins. Bee yourself is for chads who don't need to fake a personality for people to like them with confidence. PUAs are making a comeback....

you should always strive to improve yourself but I believe standards are getting higher and higher each year.

>Why did it go from "just be yourself" to "just improve yourself"?
More like it went to "Just be yourself" to "Just be" to "JUST"

i think this image is targeted at people who are proud of their progress thus it has to look better but the point is that its still not enough

People realized just be yourself is bullshit and that you actually have to fit a very specific mold to be successful.

Just be yourself:
>Gives you some content
>Self confidence if you practice it enough
>Even if you're a shit human being its easier to accept

Just improve yourself
>Self reliance breeds self confidence
>Recognizing that you can always improve
>Finding a sense of accomplishment and meaning through meeting your goals

Sure people throw unrealistic standards in your face. But if you let that affect you, you're the same guy that thinks everyone is staring at you in the gym. A sad truth is that most people wont care about you unless you give them a reason to.

Everyone there, is there for them. Working on improving yourself is a more meaningful way to live. It makes you a better person.

Just be yourself sort of takes away the responsibility that you have to grow and improve. Not to mention most people don't even know who the fuck they are.

Just improve yourself isn't making yourself some kind of Olympian god with an unrivaled intellect.

It can be shit like, making sure you have clean laundry and brushing your teeth. It doesn't matter how small. You become better than you were yesterday.

This whole thing seems self-defeating. I shouldn't do things because I want to be attractive to girls, but I should do it to fit your definition of authenticity? Then that means I'm actually not being myself since I'm following another person's guidelines instead of doing whatever I want.