Why don't some people have the drive to reproduce?

Why don't some people have the drive to reproduce?

Attached: 800px-Mating_Great_Grey_Slug_4111.jpg (800x1067, 167K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavioral_sink
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Calhoun
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Idk, I just have the drive to nut. It'd for sure feel better if it was inside a woman.

Too much responsibility.
I prefer living hedonistically and carefree

Because I'm responsible. Bringing a new life into the world without the safety net of around $2m in the bank would be irresponsible.

Because humans don't function the same way as animals do. There is no real "need to breed," anyone who tells you this is an idiot.

its just a need to rut but not to breed itself. with condoms that need is filled.

Don't do it. You'll regret it... Seriously.

Hormones or the lack thereof.

Some may have the drive to, but it's overshadowed by other factors. Can range from a fear of intimacy, fear of rejection, not wanting the responsibility, etc. Those can easily overshadow any sexual urge.

Perhaps they do, but it manifests itself in a way they don't perceive as the drive to reproduce. In a way, all desires to have a girlfriend, lover, soulmate, whatever, are really at their heart drives to reproduce. It's a trick nature pulls on us, and quite well. You may not realize it for a long time, but nature plays the long con. In the end, you will at least attempt to reproduce, if not successfully reproduce. And immediately afterward, you will notice that you care so little about sex you can't even remember how to spell it. Now you're in the real game, stuck with an unbreakable bond to another being whose needs you must tend to with as much priority as your own, forever.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavioral_sink
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Calhoun

>After day 600, the social breakdown continued and the population declined toward extinction. During this period females ceased to reproduce. Their male counterparts withdrew completely, never engaging in courtship or fighting and only engaging in tasks that were essential to their health. They ate, drank, slept, and groomed themselves - all solitary pursuits. Sleek, healthy coats and an absence of scars characterized these males. They were dubbed "the beautiful ones." Breeding never resumed and behavior patterns were permanently changed.

>r9k
>the beautiful ones

well fed and absent of scars perhaps, but beautiful?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAY
WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?????
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1534853606804.png (277x385, 150K)

Some of us have been beaten down by the malignant force of social ostracism and we've withdrawn so much that it has become natural. Society told us that we're unwanted and we finally said "fine."

It's a name Calhoun chose to sound poetic. Don't be a pedant.

>minor description

Reproduction is basically a luxury for men

is it now. next youll say being a provider to a family is a necessity for men.

I can't speak for others but I know I'm sure as fuck not gonna pass on my shit genes. Cursing a child with even 10% of my traits would be downright cruel.

>tfw you realise you're a beautiful one

Well this explains a lot.

personally, I'm too self aware, i could probably get a girl and make children but i know they'd struggle and/or suffer because i have shit genetics, not to mention the climate change guaranteeing a grim future for my descendants

Arbitrary number though I agree with the sentiment.

Imo 1m is already good, hell 500k is good.

>Arbitrary number though I agree with the sentiment.
There was actually a lot of method to it.
>Imo 1m is already good, hell 500k is good.
I reasoned that if I'm responsible enough to bring a new life into the world with a safety net, that life should also get a headstart/have a lot of advantages and resources to become his or her best self.

It's the same reason I'm not really sympathetic to poor families. They had a choice to stop themselves from bringing a kid into the world who would face an uphill battle and they did the opposite. Get fucked.