Jow Forums is now majority Early Zoomers born in the late 90s, too young to remember 9/11

>Jow Forums is now majority Early Zoomers born in the late 90s, too young to remember 9/11

Do you believe this has had a positive or negative effect on the site's quality?

Attached: 1541210702202.jpg (2605x2617, 710K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IYT4Hzgmgm4?t=34
youtu.be/Yam5uK6e-bQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_September
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

early gen z time! anyone else here a 1999 babby?

Attached: fennec.png (864x931, 1.01M)

Let me put a babby in you

Top choice on core X, Op.

im 1999 and everyone at my school played pokemon not whatever that game is

>Bakugan
The little figures were really cool but I remember absolutely hating the show.

Zoomer zoom zoom zoom zoom zoom

Bro Yu-Gi-Oh, Beyblade and Pokemon was big here in the mid 00s.

Where did the Jow Forums of the early 2010's go?
Did they all kill themselves?
And I believe it will have a negative effect, coming from an 1987 old fag.
But, I guess that's the way of things.

core gen z here (plus some early stuff)

You missed out on all the good stuff lol

Its like gaming on the xbox compared to nowadays.

The Halo 3 community of 90's children is different compared to the Halo now.

The good times~

Attached: proud-nazi-girl.jpg (474x600, 229K)

Only if you connote most of your identity with this website, and think that by some extension the fact that this place is now a shithole (to you, it always has been) that you're a less interesting person/internet cool kid, since nobody takes Jow Forums seriously anymore (they never did, unless they were duped by a 24 hour news cycle somewhere along the line)

Late Gen Y myself.

Attached: 1513442255745.jpg (468x531, 53K)

youtu.be/IYT4Hzgmgm4?t=34

same, definitely fucked with yugioh but not whatever abortion soda is associated with it
I just had winn dixie brand most of the time because there was one a half mile away that they made us walk to and bring shit home in a little cooler, we were like 8 and they had one of us doubled up on 12 packs and the other with a half gallon of milk, hot dogs, bread and shit we'd both get beat for squishing, and it was always like 98 with matching humidity
and I wouldn't have drank whatever sprite shit that is if they were giving it away downstairs from his moms apartment

pokemon v. digimon v. yugioh was a weird playground rivalry
bakugan was kind of gay but i liked the little toys that opened up

This website is fucking shit. Nobody is creative anymore.

>tfw core gen y

Attached: 1528751503092.jpg (500x500, 32K)

I have that exact pikachu card somewhere

yeah they are, you just dont 'get' what they're creating anymore

crazy dude they only printed the one pictured in this grid

>Do you believe this has had a positive or negative effect on the site's quality?
Zoomer meme creation skill is none existent.
They seriously post nothing but their favorite socmedia/youtube celeb and their gender uncertainty.
What was the last big thing outside of that even, NPCs?

I was born early 1998. I'm a filthy zoomer. Your hate is justified.

All the toy shit ended when we got our first phones. Then it was all about sending music to each other, playing games and sending games to each other.
I also remember using msn to talk to my friends instead of Skype and this one girl in class begging me to get a facebook account.

if you DIDN'T play minecraft with your friends over skype call you're NOT a real zoomer

1998 zoomer here. Yugioh and Pokemon were still pretty big when I was in school, which was into the early 2010s. I don't really remember bakugan, and those shitty wristbands died out quickly.

Good times. Used to do it before school some times. Comfy sitting in that software chair with my blanket and cocoa milk.

Was born in 95 and about to sub for a 00 zoomer

Attached: 1490760744193.jpg (239x211, 12K)

this takes me back minecraft and skype is max comfy feels

>tfw literally born in 2001

Attached: 1538371379384.jpg (600x600, 63K)

>born in 95
>feel like 90% of people born after 2001 may as well have been born decades after me because they're so different
what the fuck happened

1999 here
We are and always will be millennial, even if were culturally more gen z due to younger siblings or whatever

God I'm jelly
fgjiojgee

I was born the same year and know this exact feel. I think it's because they grew up totally online while we only partially did

>tfw 28 and core gen y
>alienated on my own board by a bunch of zoomers who were born while I was 10.

99 and the thought of being associated with early gen z instead of late y literally fucking revolts me

i vividly remember everything going to shit from 2006 onwards and reminiscence more about the late y shit you see in these charts, even if it didn't last very long for me

You're zoomers.

Attached: PSDT.11.15.18_postmillennials-00-01-.png (203x398, 42K)

THESE THREADS ARE SO FUCKING BORING

'81 here, I feel for these kids. They'll never really know what it was like before all this bullshit security theater and surveillance bullshit.

Not common you see late gen x/early millennial on this board. How does it feel being one of the oldest here.

If you're under 25 you don't belong here get out
Go do your fortnite dances or some shit

>tfw 1996er and late gen Y
>thinking the other day
>realize that 2004 was 15 years ago
I want to die. There are twitch threads on /v/ now, you don't play the game, you watch someone play.

Attached: 1535041617711.jpg (318x480, 17K)

>If you're under 25
>all people under 25 are apart of the zoomers
what?

Youtubers such as let's players have been discussed on /v/ for fucking ages. Don't see how streamers are much different than that.

99 baby and still remember playing outside with bikes and catching tadpoles in the ravine behind my house
>Mom was born 79 and was 14 when this dropped.
>Reminds me of home
youtu.be/Yam5uK6e-bQ

Yeah but theyre typically criticised as being ecelebs.
There is little criticism of these streamers though

It is what it is, it's amusing to see that all people of a given age group are fairly predictable even as the details change.
Give you kids a random adult fact, most adults think they're 15-20 years younger than they really are. You say 15 years ago and I think maybe mid 90's.
All us older fuckers do it, it's weird as fuck. Perspective is a crazy bitch

FUCK OFF ZOOMERS YOURE TOO YOUNG TO POST IN THIS BOARD GET OUUUUUUUUUT!!!!!!!

Attached: 7CFB32B6-8CC1-4D55-A74F-2B75156591AF.jpg (495x362, 29K)

I love that song but now it just makes me think of Chungking express.

Two best friends play for example have been a part of /v/ culture pretty much ever since the videos came out. And that was in what? 2010 I think? But to be fair, those are an exception to the rule.

I'm the future, user. Its time to go on.

Yes.

Everytime a new generation stumbles across this website, there is an observable trend: negative correlation of quality to influx of new users. Essentially, the more new users, the longer lasting and lower quality this period of "shit" is.
With Gen X discovering this site, there was limited exposure, less group think, and more experimentation as far as interactions with other users went. The development of the original chan culture in the United States, the culture we know today at least, happened with Gen X and Gen Y (think Christopher Poole).

At one point, Jow Forums was discovered by persons whose main informational sources was mass media. These persons who consumed media that was heavily filtered towards an agenda (Vox, Huffpost, NY Times, CNN, FOX, MSNBC, etc.) were essentially told "Think X of this website, Jow Forums". And they did.

So now you have normal people who use FaceBook for farming games and likes in late 2010 to early 2013 learning about Jow Forums and their kids learn about Jow Forums, and these kids, in an attempt to make themselves appear as individuals, or cool, or part of the """"underground"""" flock en masse to Jow Forums and start posting without regard for the site.

Some are desperate to adapt and fit in. Others mindlessly post. Overall, it became a self-centered cess pool in 2014 with /b/ being the new friend filter and Jow Forums /v/+variants /soc/ Jow Forums and /a/ being the collection tanks. Eventually these tanks would overflow as users who desperately tried to fit in would refuse to create original ideas and instead perpetuate copies of copies of the chan culture that is today, admired as the gold standard, when in reality, it was little more than the occasional autism post and calling each other faggots anonymously.

Ultimately the culture died and became this zombie of people so narcissistic that original thought provoking content had to move back from where it came, the library.

In otherwords, fuck zoomers.

Attached: Read the Post Faggot.jpg (850x1275, 601K)

So essentially you are saying that Jow Forums is suffering from its own version of the "Eternal September" problem, where people don't learn the culture?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_September

1999 nigga. Would rather be with gen z than gay ass millenials to be h fellas

I'm sorry oldfag but where else can I go?

Attached: The_Wendigo.jpg (730x1000, 168K)

Core gen Y reporting in, im dating an early zoomer

fortnite dances > avocado bread hahahaha am i right fellas

Don't learn the culture is an understatement.
They don't learn, refuse to learn, push their own culture, and ultimately this ends in two ways:
1) they find like minded individuals (the majority of Jow Forums) and continue their behavior
2) they try to fit in with the dead culture and end up copying a shit version of it
It's ok user. You can rest here too, if you'd like. But be warned. This is NOT a healthy substitute for social interaction. It's not something to be glorified. This is a shit place that should never be taken seriously, it rots your brain with instant gratification and tricks you into being happy.
Essentially don't over think it. There is no place to go.

>tfw born in 93 and I feel old as shit.

How are people born in the 2000's even sentient

we're just barely becoming so

>This is NOT a healthy substitute for social interaction. It's not something to be glorified. This is a shit place that should never be taken seriously, it rots your brain with instant gratification and tricks you into being happy.
Jesus fucking Christ I wish someone had told me this when I was 14

super progressive

>November, 2001

y-you can all hate me now

Attached: preciouslain.png (371x379, 192K)

I can relate frens, been lurking for a few months and think I adapted to the culture ok, I just hope I'm not part of the problem

00< should be banned from here

1998 here. I grew up on Cowboys and Indians, gi joes, Pokemon season 1, PlayStation 1 and game boy until 2006, remember watching the premiere of static shock in 2000, yugioh, beyblade, surge(parents never let me drink it though), and remember being shocked that the gen z shit was popular.

I was with one of the last years of kids who got called home from school early on september 11.
all I can say is before that I never thought america would go to war. now we've been at war for my entire childhood, teenage years, and adult life

god i both love and hate that the generatio shit is out of wack cause most shit is based on burger generations and not brit ones lmao.
early gen z nuggas would probably have pokemon and something called gogos if it was bongland oriented.

le wrong generation zoomers

Bakugan didn't even get that big did it?
To be fair I was more of a new Beyblades kid.

1999 here too. I think the people complaining about zoomers ruining the culture don't get the fact that Jow Forums is acting as the counterwheight to the mass media and social media culture for zoomers. Essentially zoomers are slowly collectively waking up to the fact that they are being brainwashed into politically correct group think. Zoomer culture has elements that are crigy but thats because a lot of zoomers are still 10-15 year olds and that age group is and has always been cringy no matter the generation.

Beyblades were everything when I was a kid, good times.

this website was never good
people like dwelling in the past because of how lackluster their current situation is
people have romanticized the past since forever

Attached: 1505183225367.png (318x289, 258K)

>a chinese cartoon website is freeing people from brainwashing
You're actually stupid and part of the reason Jow Forums is in a dead zombie state.

Well I think saying Jow Forums feeds redpills to zoomers isn't entirely incorrect

The majority of people on Jow Forums in the 2000s were 15-20 aswell. It appeals to alternative youth culture, and will for years to come.

>This is NOT a healthy substitute for social interaction.

real social interaction is getting yelled at by trailer trash, headgamed by shrew cunts, and mogged by alphas
thanks but no thanks

but it's true that in the US there was a real change when we went to war. before that I thought every country on earth loved america and the good things about the future were right around the corner.
then things just changed one day and we went to war and the world doesn't look like one big happy place that it used to.

Ah, remember back in the day when this comment had just been posted. These where the days ten minutes ago. Good times.

>this website was never good
You know I could argue with you but with how Jow Forums is transient in nature, it doesn't matter and you will continue to believe whatever you want to.

2000 nigga reporting in originoli

Attached: shit.jpg (600x646, 53K)

Too soon to tell. I must admit I like the influx of deranged memes none the less

96fag here. I wish I was a zoomer. I don't want to be a millenial

Attached: 1434668590339.gif (499x368, 716K)

93 here, millenials have been shit on by boomers and are cleaning up their mess, zoomers and onwards are probably going to reap the benefits. I feel like identity politics are primarily a millenial issue, but zoomers are going to deal with trannies and other weird shit as a part of their generational bullshit. Mainly want to say fuck boomers though, they are selfish fucks who ruined things for future gens, trickle down bullshit.

Attached: 1542136512465.png (280x291, 106K)

Fuck I almost forgot about silly bandz
I do not miss those days of my youth, but I do miss those bandz

I was 1 year old when 9/11 happened

anyone else 2001?

this thread =
> REEEE
> everyone born after me is bad
> how can people have fun while being young reee
>my generation was the best reee

Attached: 1544027154133.gif (446x384, 46K)

Who '92 here? I never seem to meet people my age, both irl and on internet

Attached: 1525216373088.jpg (350x338, 70K)

I've never lived none of those, like litterally.
Mexican here, I'm in between late gen Y and early gen Z

How could it be positive?

>but zoomers are going to deal with trannies and other weird shit as a part of their generational bullshit.
I feel like they're playing with artifacts left over from us, that they don't fully understand.

Like the multiple layers of irony that everyone online seems to be operating at is a leftover from the old nerds that used it as a sort of defence mechanism.

Ironic racism which somehow, and God only knows how, lead to Jow Forums, an anime imageboard, being part of the political landscape. Like when you go to a youtube video about serious political discussion or something, underneath the comments you have people with anime/furry avatars making serious comments or talking about jews.

The trap shit is fucking bizarre when you zoom out, something that started as a joke thread years back and now that word is going to enter (somewhat-)mainstream lexicon. And you know what's insane about the trap shit? I think Jow Forums, mgtow and all the self-deprecating memes about dick size, manlet etc lead to anons becoming traps cause they felt they weren't good enough to be men, and in the same breath there's misogynistic and racist vibe to this with all these sissy/cuck threads.

And then there's this attitude that the youngfags have with not taking responsibilities for their action online because "it's online" even though the division between offline and online is thinner than ever.

Their generation is supremely warped, and I have no idea what comes next.

The site is basically a holding pen for 16 year olds going through their edgy phase. I wouldn't be surprised if most Jow Forums users only used the site for like 6 months. Constant turnover. There are SOME people who are here for years and years, but we are certainly not the majority.

Hello fellow 92' brother.

Attached: 1518998333341.gif (400x300, 371K)

>tfw 95 millennial
It feels like fucking yesterday that I was posting on Jow Forums as an underagefag, except I'm 23 now.

1991 so core/late gen y mostly and some early gen y. I had pogs to beyblade. I know what bakugan is but my brother who is 1999 collected them

The biggest problem is they're all retarded and brainwashed to an unprecedented degree, zoomers don't think anything exists but race issues

July 1999. What month were you born? Im going to be 20 soon and that makes me feel so old

>tfw can't relate to most of these since I was born in a Eastern Euro shithole
I get a little bit of everything so It's okay I guess

Attached: 1440430034518.jpg (540x960, 36K)

>tfw born in third world so grew up in cultural fads 10-20 years behind popular trends at the time

Should I feel good or bad?