Why does everything need to have a label? Incels, robots, liberal, conservative, normies and so on...

Why does everything need to have a label? Incels, robots, liberal, conservative, normies and so on. Why do people ask for your label and if you don't provide it go out of their way to somehow shove you into one. It's as if not being able to do it causes them anxiety.

Attached: 8a7a3840c1f0454e82b38486e51f7fb5.jpg (900x1200, 872K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=sxhbka6TL6Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why do you care? You anxious retard stop being afraid of labels.

Why do you care that I care? Why did you feel the need to give me attention?

Attached: lmG4cSr.jpg (332x390, 99K)

the world and specially humans are complex, so it's easier to just give everything a label based on common characteristics shared by others with that label.

Because they can't avoid dealing with you.

Walking is a label. Breathing is a label.

Attached: aristotle.jpg (900x504, 205K)

What if you're criticized for doing nothing, saying nothing and being nothing?

No matter what, people categorize. It's part of the human brain. Humans are very very good at pattern recognition and that extends to personalities, though we are not the best usually at categorizing peoples personalities.

Then I would dare them to do the same to make them realize they don't have what it takes to do it.

Attached: 1334231167969591.gif (466x625, 205K)

if you can just put people into groups then you have a effective means of just sending insults their way and making them mad because you've simplified them down to that group

Attached: Dutch happy.jpg (400x400, 22K)

In order to fucking talk about it.
If something doesnt have a name its much more difficult to talk about it you absolute mouthbreathing retard.
>m-muh nuance
faggot

Because not having a label is much rarer than having it. And at today's day and age, humans are just seen as resources and sheep, where every single one of them has some properties. Not having any is in eyes of normies, weird. Because they think they care about life and society and that their actions have meaning

It makes advertising easier if you demark people by their likes and dislikes.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=sxhbka6TL6Y

Look how many facets, not a man, but a diamond.

Anyway it's just a part of the illusion of separation duality experience of three dimensional reality. Everything comes from one and everything shall return to one, in the mean time we play the game.

Attached: tmp_30515-1547131121530-654080280.jpg (262x192, 13K)

are you high oregano flavored oregano

Nah, it's really unfortunate that that sort of thinking has become associated with braindead burnout newagers. It seems like an inescapable truth to me, even if you are a materialist.

It is for simple minded black and white thinking idiots.
They don't even know that words are not actual things but only signposts.

If you have a label, I have a premade playbook on how to act toward and evaluate you since the uncle media already told ALLLL about you.

If you have no label?
I may need to find out who you are, how to value you and if I need to admire or hate you BY MYSELF!
WTF, too scary! And so time consuming, I never had to do that before!
No no, bet you are just... uh.. a pedo incel terrorist, right?

>No no, bet you are just... uh.. a pedo incel terrorist, right?

Attached: 1251666234851.jpg (802x602, 317K)

I'm just a bizarre little person who walks back and forth

Well it is very handy to be able to refer to relevant concepts easily.

I notice Jow Forums is obsessed with labels, roles, specific positions in a social hierarchy. You can't just be, you need to be pigeonholed into one of the board's simple palatable roles in life so you're easy to understand and dismiss. Alpha or beta; normie, Chad, or robot; left or right. Everything in black and white, because the narcissists who dominate discussion here can't grasp the notion that every human being is just as rich and complex as they perceive themselves to be.

>bawww so obsessed with labels!
>"because the narcissists who"
Hmmmm.

Point taken, I shouldn't have said that. It's so easy to get overly reductive - if anything, my unintentional fallacy only shows how damaging this board culture is to meaningful discussion. I made a hypocritical mistake, but I don't think it totally invalidates the main point I've raised.

It's also worth noting that "narcissist" is not exactly a label in the r9k style that I'm directly criticizing. Sure, it's a label, and I was wrong to use it in that post. But it's not an all-encompassing dismissive pigeonhole the way people here like to use, for instance, normie/Chad/robot. They act like these labels define your entire character and your entire life, and they use them to invalidate people they disagree with. "I am a robot, so I am doomed to be miserable and never find human connection." "You are a normie, so you are a vapid fool whose life is devoid of meaning and higher thought beyond pop culture and sex." Obviously these are exaggerations I'm using to make my point clear, but you can't deny that these labels and the unrealistically one-dimensional perceptions they evoke do not emulate real life. You say one thing, user decides what label it fits you into, and suddenly he acts like he knows everything about you and your life, and if you say he's wrong, you're either delusional or lying. Conversely, when I call "I deserve a gf" user (remember him?) a narcissist, I'm not attempting to boil his entire life down to an easily dismissible set of stereotypes. I am using a label in the practical way that many anons in this thread are reasonably defending.
Labels aren't inherently wrong, but Jow Forums's obsession with and fixation on them is fundamentally harmful and an arguably narcissistic behavior.

Don't sweat it, it invalidates nothing.
But it isn't just easy, but simply very much human to do so.
Hell, I can't even see how you want to have society as it is working without labeling.

How many people do you meet a day if you are not some hikki-bot or living in bumfuck-no-people?
How many do you even have time to find out and and consider for yourself? Only so much time in a day, and we steadily seem to have less of it.
Not judging you by the cloth your wear, the social strata I feel you belong too etc, seems pretty infeasible. I can make time to find out about some person. But all of them I see? No way.
So label them.
>Do not need a male, I want to spend my little free time to met a GF.
(cut)
>Do not want the SJW crazies with the metal lips and pink hair, that will never work
(cut)
And so on, and so on.

Fair, but on a board full of people who consider themselves smarter and deeper thinkers than most of humanity (the "normies") it's pretty damning how eager people are to reduce you to a [normie betacuck] instead of having anything resembling actual discourse. They put themselves above humanity and then consistently emulate its worst traits, just flavored differently.

>who consider themselves smarter and deeper thinkers
Some of those may be indded around, but it is mostly cope.
Imo, in the end most people are here because they think themself unfuckable and/or are bored af. Not more, not less.

Cope or not, what they say is what counts, and it's very popular to say. I can't argue with you though. I'm here because I'm bored.

By looking at that picture, I imagine some some glasses/cardigan-wearing nerd having his nose pressed against her butt and smelling it and the woman letting out a small fart.