ITT we discuss about joining the Armed forces so that we can improve our life. And we also discuss about easy MOS (Job)

ITT we discuss about joining the Armed forces so that we can improve our life. And we also discuss about easy MOS (Job)

92S pretty easy all i have to do is wash clothes and i have the rest of the day to my self and on top of that it is a comfortable MOS of you do not like interacting with people

>inb4 serve israel soldier cuck USA military is israel foreign legion.

Attached: crop.jpg (444x794, 25K)

I got along with a lot of my coworkers, but was also in some pretty shitty situations in the military. It literally ruined any chance I had at being happy. It showed me what the civilian world was but without all of the pleasantries. Dealt with some of the biggest scumbags I've ever met while in the military, who worship stupidity. I have no drive to do anything anymore.

I guess if you can keep your ego intact and convince yourself that you're some kind of badass you'll be fine though, that's what most people seem to do because they're delusional.

Fuck off Lt, civilian life is pure suffering already

>army roasties
>army normies
>im not 18-19 anymore
pass

I joined as a 11b. I got sent to a non deployable unit so the environment is pretty chill but pt is pretty rough for infrantry reasons.

Your opinion on the Marines?

Navy seems comfy, sitting on a big ship through the ocean
But I don't know if I'll have internet or means with talking to the outside world while on said ship which would fucking suck

Its way better that you militaryfags post these, waaay better than the fucking trap threads.
Keep it up, please. I dont want my fellow bots to become traps.

Get 35 series intel job. Will set you up for a nice paycheck and you will work indoors in an office

Sure OP oregano original

Attached: 52695692-C017-44D4-AE70-F2E48F5480C7.jpg (954x960, 152K)

I joined as a 35 in the Army. AMA.

You a Geronimo?

Joining the Air Force as Open Mechanical. I'm not in shape (9:18 mile and stuck at 25 pushups/situps) but eh, not too worried about it. I dropped out of college and it seems like the best option besides working at mcdonalds and killing myself at 20. Anyone else in the Air Force?

Attached: 1521156515762.png (543x443, 24K)

I wanted to join the AF but I would've failed any health eval due to the ADD meds I take, other then that my health was perfect. I'm probably going to do civilian contracting post uni.

Idk if the military is the perfect way to improve yourself, the only branches that get attention at the AF and the Navy because those two can provide support to the Special Forces guys that do all of the actual fighting. The military isn't horrible but the anons that use this board would hate the military because they will go from their parents place to middle of nowhere Oklahoma and be stuck in the same predicament but the military gives them their NEET bucks. Only go in if you have a plan for what you want to do after.

I wanted to join the Navy when I was 18 but they wouldn't take me after I failed the eye exam. I wish I could have free healthcare forever.

I have a coworker in the army reserves and he is the biggest cuckold (literal) I've ever met.

>AF and the Navy because those two can provide support to the special guys that do all of the fighting.

1st of all, only Special Force in US military is Green Beret and others are SOFs. 2nd, every branches have SOFs including Navy and AF. Hell, Id argue that Air Force SOF, such as CCTs and PJs are the backbones of USSOCOM.

If I didn't have a history of mental illness and asthma I probably would have given it some serious thought but there's was definitely no point in even thinking about it for me

I use Special Forces as a blanket term, I know it's incorrect but I don't feel like going into detail about each branches special operations units.

>join army as 35S
>need security clearance
>fail to get clearance in the middle of basic because of spilled spaghetti and lack of references
>get injured during basic and can't improve my horrendous run time
>told I will be recycled for PT failure when we are 3 weeks from graduating
>have to go back to day 1, and they are going to give me a random MOS instead of intel
>go to sick call
>tell them I'm depressed
>get sent home
>go to re-enlist into a job that doesn't require references
>can't re-enlist into any branch because of """"""depression""""""""
Fuck the army

Attached: really.png (410x348, 110K)

I knew a shitload of 35S when I was in Korea. They were shamming like a bunch of mother fuckers. You missed out on a few good years of an easy paycheck, chum.

ree I put Korea as my number one choice at reception too

anyone have coast guard advice Im trying to join

You woulda gotton it too lol. 35S only go to Meade and Humphies. It was so fucking fun in Korea but I eventually had to go stateside where it fuckin' sucked. Just forget about the Army and try to become the best civilian you can dawg.

Im 100 pounds obese in desperate need of a stable career/life/path I can make references what branch do I join to get a bonus as a talentless jobless degreeless NEET with no experience and ailing parents

Lose weight, go Army in whatever you can, get 10K+ bonus.
It is going to be really fucking miserable at times and okay at best. Enjoy!

What are your thoughts on National Guard for college cash/helping get accepted

If you want college just go active with a 3 year contract. Makes everything way easier. NG only pays tuition in SOME states and not much else.

Don't worry, you'll rotate between being "on the ship" which would include time in port at home or abroad, and then you'll typically get a shore tour afterwards. Most guys in the Navy only end up spending a year or, at most, 2 years out of their first 4

This is a hard one, but it is either those kids or your battle buddies. If he wasn't in that situation and someone else was driving, they might have stopped and ended up getting all of their friends killed. This is no different than the train analogy, wherein you have 3 guys tied to the tracks the train is headed towards and one guy tied to a track that you can reroute the train to. Make a choice or don't, someone dies either way.

Nah. I wish tho

>life falls apart at 22, lost gf and apartment
>fuck it, I'll join AF
>need to lose 25 lbs
>diet_and_exersize.exe
>qualify for every job so I decide to try for cryptoliguist
>miss the passing score by 2 points
>try for programming position
>miss by 10 points
>fuck it just let me know what you get, recruiter
>he calls me like 2 weeks later for dome job called "airfield systems"
>I'll take it
>bootcamp.wav
>Tech School
>7 months in that hell hole
>nearly jumped out the dorm window about 20 times (fuck you 334)
>get first duty station with my only friend
>shop is fucking lit
>over manned so no stress, leadership barely knows we exist cause our shop is hidden and job is weird, sergeants DGAF about us as long as we keep quiet
>everyone in the shop friendly, have parties every few months
>apparently we're really good at our job too because we won shop of the quarter and got coined by the group commander for it
>my expenses are all covered and my job is great
>focusing on relationship stuff now since I'm low-stress

RESULTS MAY VARY
But yeah, shits pretty good

Attached: 180825-F-AA000-001.jpg (4032x3024, 1.82M)

I've been thinking about finishing up my degree and going in as an officer. Kinda hard to find out what the responsibility of being one is like since all the recruiters around are enlisted

lol, you'll be a butter bar and your job will pretty much be to sit there and look pretty while the NCOs do run the show. The only way you'll get any real responsibility is if you're good at sucking up to the right people and screwing people over for your own benefit.

Fuck, that sucks. Is there no shot of me doing anything fucking important? I wanted to go in as a sapper (getting my EGR degree), are there any fields where officers actually do something and not just leave to to NCOs

25B OCONUS

Don't work directly with switches or routers but monitor them and report when they goes down. Pretty comfy tbqh.

Marine here. Don't enlist.

Signals, law or an otherwise technical MOS that will pay for your technical school training and undergraduate education. What matters most in careers is connections, but these are all the best options from the military. If you're smarter/more motivated, go coast guard or air force and join a technical field. Don't fall for the meme of marines unless you are a masochist and REALLY want to be/feel like a marine and be apart of a cult or want to get pussy badly. Most army/marine MOS are filled with hispanics and blacks so get used to it, the harder roles have less hispanics and blacks and more asians and whites, with the exception being the infantry in the marines which is almost exclusively White.