Im fucking worthless

>Im fucking worthless
The family washing machine is broken so my dad ordered a new pump for it and I told him I would put it in when I woke up. I got up determined to do this and prove to myself and my father that I can accomplish things and can handle more responsibility.

For like 6 hours I have been working on this. Taking it apart wasnt so bad, there were some hang ups but I overcame them by not giving up. So I put the new part in and started putting it back together. After I put the front back on with the lock mechanism I tried shutting the door and it wont close now.

I have basically disassembled and reassembled this thing 4 times now and the door still wont close. Its so fucking packed back there and damp with nasty brown liquids and clumps of smelly sticky dog hair. I tried and tried but im just a dumb fuck up. So now im basically just waiting for my dad to come and fix something he trusted me to do. I wish it were legal for him to just take me out in a filed and shoot me. Hed be doing both of us a favor.

Attached: 4CA50BE5-44EC-4C69-BF96-7755563EFF92.jpg (350x350, 9K)

Are you a certified washing machine repairman?

Im not certified to wipe my own ass, let alone fix a washing machine, but people do this shit all the time. If you give someone instructions and the proper tools they should be able to fix any problem if they stick to it. I just cant for the life of me figure this out.

Well user you should take the time to clean out all that stuff while you have it pulled apart. Then when he gets home you say you've been cleaning it and you need some help putting it back together. Ezpz c:

Yeah thats better than doing nothing I suppose

Have you ever taken a proper IQ test?

Tell your dad you dont know what the fuck you're doing but on the plus side you've gained a lot of experience in duking cock and you've gotten good and it and offer to prove it to him

In the words of Good Will Hunting:
-It's not your fault
-It's not your fault
-It's not your fault
-It's not your fault
-It's not your fault

Attached: How to make sushi.jpg (720x549, 44K)

>given the instructions anyone can do it
Honestly this is just some shit chip heads tell themselves as to not feel inferior to some gorilla that comes and fixes their shit. I can't even tell you how many jobs I've done where the homeowner thought the same and then they completely fucked everything up.

The instructions for these types of things are very vague and dont give you any troubleshooting advice even though you have to troubleshoot damn near every time

>the drain pump fucking up again

Attached: 1547077600860.jpg (700x700, 149K)

I think I did when I was a kid being tested for autism but the doctor told my mom that IQ doesnt matter or something. I think he just didnt want to disappoint anybody. I dropped out of highschool so odds are I have less than 100.
Maybe. Ill keep that possibility in mind.
I took responsibility for it though. It was my duty and I have so far not been successful.
Well let me tell you my hat is off to you. At this moment you have my utmost respect. Either way I have disappointed myself and soon my dad. The YouTube video on the process is filled with people who did I themselves so I dont think the task is impossible for a layman.
Yeah it is definitely a recurring issue and it makes my dad ballistic every time.

Have you tried YouTube tutorials? I fixed a garbage disposal with them once and I'm dumb as fuck

I have been looking stuff up but nothing is related to my specific problem that I have found. I used a tutorial to disassemble the washing machine in the first place and to put it back together but it didnt say what to do if your door wont latch. The thing is it will latch if the grey rubber water stopper cylinder thing isnt in place, but as soon as I put that where it is supposed to be the door quits locking. Its really annoying.

Op I relate to you. Many times I have tried to play the responsible man role and try to do shit on my own only to fail and have to wait for my dad to fix it. The man has a sixth sense on how to do things. We all been there

>Its so fucking packed back there and damp with nasty brown liquids and clumps of smelly sticky dog hair.
well fucking clean it out for starters. can you please post pictures of the door hinges/lock mechanism as well? I am an autismo maintenance man and have roughly 30 minutes to help you before I have to go do stuff

The way I see it is like this. No one will give control to you. You have to take it or earn it by making it so people who give some of their control to you are actually getting more out of it than you are. My dad is the only worthy person I know. If I can prove to him i am responsible with these small tasks or whatever he asks me, he might give me enough control to fix my life. Or at least help me fix it. As it is he just leaves me alone until he needs to let off steam or needs someone to do the dishes. Im in no place to complain because I only have food or a place to live because of his pity. I just wish I could take my life into my own hands and get some independence.

Thats what this washing machine is. Its a test and I failed. Its the limit to my adequacy.

This is the lock from the outside. The grey rubber thing is maybe part of the problem.

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 1.98M)

Well, IQ tests when you're a kid only says something about where you are on the development curve compared to other children. It doesn't say anything about your IQ in adulthood.

It will close when it is pulled inside but not when it is in the correct position like it is there. Also the picture is tilted 90degrees counter clockwise

This is the mechanism

Attached: 0031698B-3453-4DCC-9CE2-819BB6754F28.jpg (4032x3024, 1.75M)

Yeah who knows. In my experience I am not too sharp. I have an atrocious memory and cant talk very well. I tried to get into reading for a couple years but I stopped when I realized it was taking me so much longer to read chapters than normal people. Like it takes me an hour to read ten pages. It was really stressful so now I dont read but I have all these cool books. Anyways I dont want to drag on but im not impressing anybody is my point.

Your dad was taught how to work on stuff and has decades more experience.

Have you ever considered that it's just fucked due to age/wear? Shit like that just happens dude, don't sweat it.

I honestly don't think its the mechanism, that looks like its in flush. Either the gasket (rubber thing) is not seated correctly or the door hinges are loose.
Household DIY stuff is largely intuitive/critical thinking.

It closed before I took it apart. And its only like 3 years old at the most.
Thats true. I know you are trying to cheer me up but im just worried what my dad will think. He is like a hobbesian king in his eyes. The only reason this family survives is because he works so hard to support us. Its true. I just want to help out and not be such dead weight to him.

Oh shit hes here
Origgy

Yeah he came back and tried to be nice about it but I just didnt put the gasket on right. He saw it instantly.