Goverment has the legal right to lock you up if you want to commit suicide

>Goverment has the legal right to lock you up if you want to commit suicide
But why?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

You are property. Never forget this.

You're not supposed to destroy government property

>mfw we are goverment property

Attached: 1540522382736.gif (740x900, 1012K)

because you aren't in charge of your own life sweetie

In case you fuck it up and end up on life support. Nobody wants to have to pay to keep your retarded waste of an ass alive.

>posted 1 minute ago
>4 replies
huh

>tfw suicide booths will never be a thing

Attached: suicide_booth_futurama.gif (480x455, 69K)

Why would you put someone trying to kill themselves on life support instead of letting them die

Because according to normalfags only the mentally ill attempt to kill themselves instead of getting over their problems.

This thought actually got me sad now...

>Somebody wants to die
>Goverment puts you on life support

Because how can you prove to everybody they wanted to die?
People would start getting paranoid that the ebil goberment is killing people.

the government can't tax you if you're dead

not only that but if you get locked up for some other reason they can determine you are a suicide risk based on NOTHING and put you in a turtle suit with no pants in a room full of wackos where they do cavity searches every 2 hours. happened to my friend after he was wrongfully arrested and caught with pot and he is in court as I type. MURRICA

Can't tax you if you're homeless either.

Suicide is not technically illegal

they are holding you for something more like "disturbing the peace". There is not much they can do past trying to stop you from making a mess

No need for future people to kill themselves when we already killed everyone in the future senpai

>There is not much they can do past trying to stop you from making a mess
They can withhold basically all your rights, imprison you against your will in a mental institution, declare you mentally unfit to function and make all your decisions for you, shove pills upon pills down your throat that permanently alter the way for body and mind work, and make a mark on your record so you can't do things like vote or own firearms ever again.

>They can withhold basically all your rights, imprison you against your will in a mental institution, declare you mentally unfit to function and make all your decisions for you, shove pills upon pills down your throat that permanently alter the way for body and mind work, and make a mark on your record so you can't do things like vote or own firearms ever again.
not just for being suicidal

I work as a PCT in a psych ward, if you just come in suicidal and don't act psychotic when you get there we will calm you down for 2-5 days and you will be on your way. For any of the shit you are talking about to happen it has to be your 5th time through and you have to be trying to cut yourself or screaming the whole time you are there or have a violent history or other charges and shit. Nobody is trying to do all that stuff to you, we want you in and out, we are very busy and overloaded to be honest

All things considered Jack Nicholson did a great job as that character though.

because you have to pay taxes

>we want you in and out
You might as well just say you aren't really in a medical facility.

Also, you described someone who just walked in saying they feel bad and someone who is actively trying to get the job done and clearly being held there against their will.

nah you are retarded

if someone comes in full of pills and vomiting or with cuts in their arm i guess you think we should let them bleed out or put them in a gutter and not try to help?

The vast vast vast majority of people who come in after a suicide attempt leave happy they are not dead, I have never seen anyone leave saying they wanted us to let them die

People who get court-ordered, or petitioned for suicide are just asking to be bored for a few days to weeks.
Killing yourself can be accomplished at anytime, if you have sheets and a place to tie off to, you can soft hang your self. If you have a hard surface, you can bash your head in until your brain hemorrhages (they could find you in a coma, and keep you on life support).

The most hardcore way to commit harakiri is to take a sharp object, and eviscerate yourself. Finishing it with a removal of your still beating heart.

>i guess you think we should let them bleed out or put them in a gutter and not try to help?
Well they've clearly made moves to kill themselves. If they want to die, they should be allowed to do so.
>The vast vast vast majority of people who come in after a suicide attempt leave happy they are not dead
Because you won't let them leave until you're convinced they're cured and won't do it again.

they throw you in the ward, it would be counterproductive if they threw you in prison (where you can commit suicide anyway).

because retard nigs my bro

>Because you won't let them leave until you're convinced they're cured and won't do it again.
it's really not like that. The reality of the situation of actual people who have made an attempt actually arriving into our care is different than the theoretical denial of rights going on in your mind

I would say we actually owe it to them to get them stabilized and if they want to go out and do it again that is their business. You could go on and on and on about how if you get in a car wreck and are unconscious the doctors can stitch you up and give you blood from other people against your will and what a tragic violation of your rights that is, but in real life it's different

I have no issue with people killing themselves in principle but in fact and practice the ones who fail need medical attention. Get a job like mine and your opinion might change

then why arent we aborting niggers

REMEMBER TO WRITE "DNR" ON YOUR BODY IN SHARPIE BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO AN HERO. This stops the roastie from resuscitating you with the succ!

Okay, roastie, what about the heroin addicts who repeatedly OD? When you stabilize them and then they go back out and put a spike in their arm the very same day (if not hour), how is that any different than a suicide attempt?

>Okay, roastie, what about the heroin addicts who repeatedly OD? When you stabilize them and then they go back out and put a spike in their arm the very same day (if not hour), how is that any different than a suicide attempt?
you lost me, what are you even saying?

i guess you want to be in charge of who gets medical treatment or something?

It's a shame the government doesn't endorse honourable suicide. Like traditional Japanese with a second to decapitate you in case you almost dishonour yourself.

The police men will make your life hell when you're homeless.

>Pay to keep someone alive after he tried to die
>Wow what a selfish person, forcing us to spend money keeping him alive
Society is a meme

>Suicidal person threatens to commit suicide
>Police break down door and say "PUT DOWN THE WEAPON OR WE'LL SHOOT"

Attached: wat.gif (220x208, 904K)

It's just vandalism. graffiti is illegal because it looks bad and somebody has to clean that shit up. Same with suicide.

if this were true the government would have cheap and effective suicide methods available for people. Has to be cheaper than institutionalization or life support.
try again