How many pl8s of bent over row is the equivalent of the 1/2/3/4 level of strenght?

How many pl8s of bent over row is the equivalent of the 1/2/3/4 level of strenght?

Attached: 3-2a-barbell-bent-over-row.jpg (1000x560, 179K)

Other urls found in this thread:

symmetricstrength.com/standards#/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You should be able to row at least lmao2pl8 if you can bench 2.

>rowing with max weight
Enjoy your ticket to snap city

6-8 clean reps of 180 is what you'd expect from being able to Deadlift 405

Pendlay rows are usually 80-100% of your bench.

Nobody benches though. How many % of OHP?

>Nobody benches though.
what

Never seen anyone older than 16 bench

OHP is usually 60-80% of your bench. Calculate yourself you chestless retard.

bent over row? like more than 2pl8.

pendlay? 2pl8 is exceptionally strong.

Pendlay is easier than bent over

Thanks user, didn't even know people based other lifts on % of bench

>nobody benches
Excuse me, are you retarded?

You don't go to a gym then, it's an important compound lift, enjoy your pancake chest.

See Most people I've seen just do heavy dips for the superior carryover to strict OHP in terms of tricep strength

>Most people I've seen
So just yourself?

keep that form strict and then tell me it's easy.

we're not talking cheat rows.

Nah northern Euro olympic gym. No need to bench unless you're a powerlifter

>can Row 285 ezpz
>Bench is only 240
>Deadlift is only 400
You guys sure it has that much cross over?

Attached: 1555291487385.gif (300x300, 835K)

>pancake chest
Chest aesthetics is mostly a matter of upper chest, gets plenty of work from seated decline overhead press. Pic related

Attached: decline-barbell-overhead-press.png (1320x682, 328K)

>rowing 2pl8
Welcome to snap city.

Looks like a decline bench press to me, bro.

No, I don't bench

symmetricstrength.com/standards#/

Your row is limited by your bodyweight, regardless of how strong you get. A fat fuck may be able to max out because he has the counter weight, but for most people exceeding 3 reps is risky. That said what you lift is different for different people. I can easily pendlay row with near zero hip drive with 110kg for 5 touch and go reps (not dead stop)... But can only bench LMAO 2pl8. I can deadlift 5pl8.

Bench is egolift, rippe sensei says ohp is the king

>not knowing what a reverse weighted incline dip is
Fucking dyels these days.

Attached: 9OUlqlT.jpg (668x623, 122K)

Attached: 1542146835943.jpg (400x386, 25K)

Rows are an accessory no matter how your cut it. Sure you can do a few heavy sets but not doing them for volume and hypertrophy is stupid.

Kofi Kingston...is that you???

DYEL?

Heavy as fuck rows are hard on your back.
Most I get is lmao2plate before I worry about my back rounding. The problem is the bar path is in front of your CG moreso than DLs.
I pull 415 1RM on my DLs btw.

T-bar rows and cable rows are my preferred choice TBQH.

>bench is 80% of my row
Fuck me

I'm starting to think good form on rows is actually impossible

Rows are too easy to cheat, even just changing the rowing angle

The redpilled answer is a +30kg pullup if you’re ~85kg

Yeah I can do 115lb with great form, somewhat difficult but easy? Makes my back feel great after, but once I bump up to 1pl8 my form goes bad; not as far bent over and I can't get it up all the way to my belly, just near. I'll have to try the 5lbs before the transition to the pl8, I guess

I see online a lot that your row "should be" around the same as your bench for "balance" or something like that. I have never seen an explanation of why that would be. They don't use the same muscles and I would think pulling strength like that would be naturally stronger than pushing strength if anything. Aren't there a ton of back muscles that work together for rows? I could be wrong I dunno.

Roughly 117% of your bench press for a Pendlay row. Keep in mind that your back muscles are bigger than your chest muscles, so you can exert more force with them.
If you use significantly less weight than that, you're asymmetric and you need to row more often and bench less. A push/pull imbalance can seriously fuck with your body

Makes sense. Where does the 117% number come from?

i can row 8 reps of 185 but can only deadlift 320 lbs :( (I have very long limbs though)

>OHP is usually 60-80% of your bench

lmfao at this assumption, enjoy your shoulder injuries a year from now

>decline
That's the same angle as standing OHP though

Pendlay row and deadlift have a high correlation. The longer arms help the row because you don't have to dip down as much. Longer limbs are always better for pulling than pushing for this reason.

about the same i think
at least its the case for incline bench & pendlay rows

I might be gay, is this not an 'incline'?

its obviously a reverse decline

>incline
DYELs these days don't even know what a seated decline barbell tricep extension is

Attached: heh.jpg (540x720, 33K)

Lel

tfw max row is somewhere in the range of 250lbs and i can only bench 215

your bench and row should be the same

That's almost exactly in line with this user's 117% figure: This is pretty close to 117% also.
Why does your bench have to be stronger than your row other than to impress people on Jow Forums?

Your row should be 120% of your bench is the general standard

Lmao my bench is way higher than my row, did pendlay rows today and could only do 70kgx8, I bench 100kgx6

You realize this is just a type of bench press right?

OP said bent over rows

Pendlay as it is intended and designed is definitely harder, I can bent over row 80-85 kg no probs, but struggle to pendlay 70 kg

I can maybe hit 10kg on rows but I wouldn't bet on it

Enjoy being a weak faggot.

Just do uflattened elbow squats and you’ll be good.

Pendlay row is designed to pull from dead stop, not touch and go

Lmfao holy shit

About 185 for reps.

>lmao2pl8

explain this meme

A pl8 is a 45lb/20kg plate on each side of the barbell. So a 1 pl8 lift is 135 pounds or about 60kg lift.
An lmaoNpl8 lift is just an expression of Jow Forums's constant and biting insecurity since everybody's lift are pathetic and weak shit. It doesn't matter if you deadlift 8 pl8, it is still lmao8pl8