/fat/ I make the thread so you don't have to

>Who is /fat/ for?
For rotund roly polies who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (redundant in that you should have already but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them.
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories.
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate.
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables.
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking.
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
>be a retard

Attached: 1506239459544.gif (633x758, 16K)

Previous thread

CONFESS

Attached: 1497482549131.png (1229x1160, 58K)

calorie counting never worked for me.
Having a job or a hobby and eating just enough to feel satiated did.

Also being depressed and lying all day in bed and only eating 1 meal a day also helped that time.

I keep buying snack foods I shouldn’t have and setting it aside. I keep reading here about people having cheat days or cheat meals. I haven’t cheated on my diet, only gone over my daily calorie count a handful of times and not by that much. But I’m treating my upcoming vacation like a big cheat day, and I’m stocking up for that time so I can have what I’ve denied myself for months all in one go.

Just know you're going to lose a lot of progress eating like shit during your vacation.

FUCK why it gotta be so easy to eat over TDEE
I fucked up yesterday, but we cuttin hard today

Yeah, I realize that. But I keep thinking “just one won’t hurt if I have to willpower to put down the rest of the box”.
And oddly enough, when faced with both unhealthy choice & healthy choice before me, I’ll choose the healthy choice most of the time lately. If only the healthy option is around, I start craving junk food more & more. It’s like I look at the bag of cookies sitting next to healthy nuts, and when I look at the junk all the memeories of /fph threads and /fat threads come flooding back, and the healthy choices seem so much better. So having the junk food alongside the healthy stuff is oddly motivating me towards health.
...just gotta stop hoarding junk food I will never eat.

reminder that cauliflower is absolutely BASED

Attached: 1543657271107.jpg (3995x2624, 2.89M)

How do I eat properly when food is my social lubricant?

Like I'm always invited to dinners and lunch and shit and shit it's hard to eat properly when 50% of your week is a fancy dinner or lunch or a casual one with friends... ;-;

I know pic related isn’t actually 0 Calories but it still doesn’t actually add that much, right?

Attached: CDF4DBBE-0352-4B6A-AD99-7A95C3797A67.png (172x393, 16K)

Calorie counting worked for me and still works to maintain my shit together and having an idea of how much I put into myself. In terms of actual weight loss, the best results and easiest to maintain was fasting, refeed on clean shit for a day, fast again. Simply doing a deficit for weeks and months and months is impossible strenuous and it fucks me up real bad mentally.

I usually OMAD in days I know I will be eating out, and even eating less the day before if it is going to be a major event and it has worked for me so far, but I’m still 300+ so I have a lot of room before I pass my TDEE

Morning fatties. Had my first official weigh-in under 200lb today, will upload some pictures later. I'm 6'0 btw, plan on getting down to 175 before reevaluating, will start lifting soon as well.

Nothing really to report Father. Had some bad Chinese food last week, but otherwise kept under TDEE. I do plan on getting a bottle of Trappist beer as a little reward for myself later today though.

hot sauce is usually very low, but track it anyway if you're watching sodium

>always wear baggy clothes because i think they make me look thinner
>my slim brother's brown striped jacked almost fits me
>still wear it even though hard to move arms around
>look fucking fit with it, despite 18 kg from reaching goal weight
>the jacket goes so well with my hairstyle and gray
>go to meet friend who is helping me with losing weight, havent met him in 3 weeks
>tons of girls look at me while im walking
>even friend compliments on my looks
I've lost 23 kg in 2 months and most of my old friends havent seen me. I cant wait to meet them once ive reached my goal weight. We're all gonna make it

Attached: 1497482076526.png (228x221, 9K)

>Simply doing a deficit for weeks and months and months is impossible strenuous and it fucks me up real bad mentally.
This. I've been cutting for about 3 months now. That constant, slight hunger is making me lose my fucking mind. Lost around 16 kg so far, another 10 to go.

How long were your fasts? Every other day or longer?

Is 72 kg and 1.80 m (5'11) a healthy weigh for someone with no muscle?

Yes, and if you've never been overweight before you probably don't have to worry about bodyfat so much as well. Just start lifting and you'll look fine.

If no muscle then probably a bit overweight desu

The machine at the gym told me my BMR is 2259, is this the same as TDEE?

I've eaten a doughnut every morning for the past week.

Still averaging around a daily 900-1000 calorie deficit though.

BMR is sedentary TDEE

BMR is your body just staying alive. Basically what you burn if you were in a coma. TDEE is BMR + all the other shit you do (walking, moving around, exercising etc)

I think its way better and healthier for your mental to just add some small treats every now and then, and just aim for a smaller deficit, than it is to binge a shit ton of garbage food one day

I’ve lost 75 pounds or 34kg and now I am dealing with loose skin all over my body. Is there anything I can do to help tighten it instead of surgery?

>I can do to help tighten it instead of surgery?
pregnancy creams may help
also wait a while before doing surgery since there's a possibility the skin will tighten up/readjust, but that's a matter of like 2 years or so

310 lbs to 185 lbs. I've been holding around 185 lbs for a few weeks. I'd like to be closer to 170 lbs, but I'm hungry all the time.

It never fucking ends, anons

Ok thank you. Would the cream also help with stretch marks?

What's a few more months when you've already worked for so long? And of course it never fucking ends. You aren't "dieting," this is your life now.

Still, good on ya though.

in theory yeah

Cheers guys

Nice going my dude, that must be a nice milestone to hit. I'm sure at this point I think you know that it's okay to have bad food every once in a while as long as your diet otherwise is in order. Keep up the good work user, you're making it

help me

Attached: oSv0OaJ.png (605x140, 8K)

Daily reminder that 24 hour fast combined with keto OMAD is the goat way to cut

What the fuck did you eat? Confess your sins to our Father.

without 20kg is there a big difference on your face ?

Not sure what surprises me the most: total calories or the macros. How'd you get almost 400g of proteins and 100g of fibers?

Shit, it's happening again.

Last time I stayed at the same weight a week despite my large deficit, took a big shit and lost 5 pounds.

What's causing this? I'm guessing low fiber?

I only have like 20-30ish pounds max to lose before skellymode, I'm probably 15-17% bf right now.
I have fat cheeks. Is there potential for face gains?

you maxed out face gains with fat loss already, start lifting if you want more

Can i eat chicken breasts with sweet potatoes instead of rice?
I can't get Rice to taste good no matter what

Not him, I went from 190 lbs to 150 lbs at 5'8", and we're talking massive difference. I got complements and women would look at me differently.
So yes 20 kg is a massive difference. Even 10kg can move you from unfuckable tier to pretty ok tier.

>that's going to be a fun shit

You don't need to eat rice at all. It's just a carb and it's not even particularly good for dieting. Sweet potatoes are fine if they're within your calorie limit.

Just eat them baked with the skin, it's probably better than rice.

I add curry powder, or lime and black pepper as I add the water/chicken broth but before I turn on the rice cooker. Even just onions sauce can be an idea, cooking onions sauce transforms it so it takes on a far less pungent taste

How'd you lose 23kg in 2 months??

We need to know what did you eat to never do this mistake

Meant soya sauce, and typed it without the 'a', that's a funny auto change

I had my meal prepped for the next 4 days and then decided im really hungry and might aswell eat most of it today and ration the rest for the next 3 days, idk if it will work out but I was really fucking hungry, it was mostly fruits, quest bars, peanuts and some yogurt. I believe its actually beneficial because in my own limited view of how the body works eating this many calories on one day should make my body work harder to use it all thus burning more of the calories and in the end reaching a higher deficit? this if I can manage to only eat 600 calories/day the next 3 days tho

>eating this many calories on one day should make my body work harder to use it all
no

OMAD is making my stomach shrink. I ate 3 eggs and 300g of meat and I feel so full I could throw up

Wrong style of swallowing food and liquids causes fat cheeks

Not planning to binge exactly. More like just have a honey bun, and just one cookie from each of the boxes I got (never had ANZAC biscuits before; recently learned about them reading up on WW2 homefronts), then give away the rest. I don’t want to binge and stuff myself, just get a taste of what I’ve been missing.
But I worry about a- losing self control and binging anyways, and b- my body is gonna get carbs and hold onto that shit like a drowning man to the Good Samaritan trying to save him.

>eating more makes me lose weight
the absolute cope

Attached: 1555287502096.jpg (1280x966, 352K)

>The 4000kcal sushi bouffet lunch

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: images (3).jpg (225x224, 5K)

>mom decides to do bread and water diet for a week to see if she loses weight
>wake up, see her frying bread in a pan with powdered sugar
>she's making pancakes for dinner since they're a "bread product"

Attached: 1423784521487.png (330x328, 32K)

My mom smugly laughed at me when I she thought I ruined my diet. Right now she can't afford groceries and I get to pick what's for dinner and I'm finally losing weight. what a cunt though.

>prep chicken every week for lunch
>growning to hate it because the chicken I make is always bland as shit
What are some good way to up my chicken game?

S A L T
A
L
T

pepper it nigga

they let me take over cooking once and they actually started losing weight for a while
of course I wouldn't get them ice cream or cookies so they stopped that, now I cook all my meals away from their shit

use seasonings, salt, pepper, paprika, mustard, etc
chicken is so versatile that you should never get tired of it

Easter’s coming up.... I finally got into the grove and have been consistent with diet and exercise. I realize I can just keep the food moderate and within macros but the holidays are the only time I’m eating out of my diet... I’m torn, I’m worried it’s just cope to cheat on my diet and I’ll fall off track for the next week after but I’m also worried that I’m weaponizing my autismatic tendencies too much. I wouldn’t even go crazy either I’d be at maintenance maybe even 500 calories over after having eaten at a 1600 deficit for the last two weeks. I’m probbaly just gonna enjoy the part of holiday I care about (food) with my family and try my best to full blown autism my way back to my normal diet

you can have all the things you enjoy with your family. just ask for smaller portions and be strict when you serve yourself. log everything and aim for maintenance. when you have to estimate calories, take your best guess and multiply it by 1.5.

That 1.5 is actually a great idea dude, thank you for it

Cajun seasoning, lemon pepper seasoning, Old Bay...

forgot to add, when eating maintenance after a while on a cut, you'll almost certainly pick up a bunch of water weight. stay relaxed, return to your cut, and don't punish yourself with a fast or something.

Man I didn’t even consider the water weight. You probably just saved me from trying something drastic and then causing myself to fail again

no worries. drastic quick-fix style stuff is always a recipe for failure.

Very good advice. Anyone with anxiety issues can be easy distressed if they see their number spike suddenly after eating more, but that weight always comes right back off. It's part of a normal, healthy eating life to be able to enjoy holidays and such in moderation, and to experience the subsequent weight fluctuations.

86kg here, is it possible to achieve 80kg in 23 days?

Possibly. If you aren't at a deficit right now and have a shitty diet, you could lose a significant amount in water weight. If you're short and have a high bf% you will lose more too. Losing that much in that amount of time isn't normal though.

Why are you trying to lose that much in that short time frame?

im going to Bocelli's concert with my father which i havent seen in a long period of time, i want to wear my old suit and look as good as possible, i think this 6 kilos will be enough.

>gained 3 pounds water weight in one day

How? Why?

you ate a lot of salt

I'm so discouraged, I've basically hit the ideal skinny weight for a man my height yet I look awful, now it's gonna take another few years to recomp apparently? I just want to look good already

realistically you can lose 3kg of fat in that time

If all goes well, next week I'll be under 100kg for the first time since fucking grade school. Keep fighting guys

Attached: 1554129763392.png (285x356, 46K)

inspiring work user
hopefully it's just a few more months until i hit that goal myself
keep it up

Attached: 1525499307018.png (400x400, 212K)

all I had yesterday was a glass of milk, a twinkie, and a small chocolate bar.

Went from 122 kg to 88 kg, started relaxing, thinking I had it all figured out and didn’t need to be so strict about fasting or calorie counting.
Now back at 100 kg and time to go at it again. At least I know how to do it, and more importantly, know that I can’t relax about it. Eternal vigilance is needed when you’re a hungry boy.
Dropping alcohol completely should also be a great help.

I had a footlong subway sandwhich with a mint chocolate cookie, I think I'm done eatin for today

It will take me until July probably but I'm also excited about that.

It's a slow process, and that won't change. Just accept that you're in for a long haul.

I had a comfy 2 hour walk. I ate 3 hours ago and still feel full. Im never gonna eat again

I was 100.4 today, I might break it in 2 days. Good luck fren

Keep it up! Hopefully I'll be there too by the end of the year

Thanks for making the thread so I don't have to

So I was closeto gettin on Prozac per recommendation from my therapist. I recently started cardio and eating better. After a cardio session I feel so fucking calm. But if I skip a day I have a lot (although lesser than when I was sedentary) of anxiety still. Will this snort of have a snowball effect as I keep going until the anxiety is nearly nonexistent?

I was looking into David Goggins today and found out his resting heart rate is like 32bpm. If I decrease mine through means of cardiovascular exercise would this have any effect in anxiety?

Largely depends on what causes you anxiety, if it's a recent experience or has been happening long term. Exercise is great for improving mood, but if you've got lots of mental stuff to work through, no amount of exercise will be able to overcome it.

I'm at 74.5 from a 100 and ive been slacking the last week as well, didnt gain any yet, but I need to get it in check before I fuck up again.

we're gonna make it friend.

Attached: cringebullshit.jpg (978x716, 98K)

fucking kek

Attached: 1539347993600.jpg (480x480, 20K)

salt, pepper, hot sauce.

Mustard is also a real game changer. It goes great with chicken (and fish, btw), yet it's very low cal.

Would u guys recommend a fatty with 29.4% bmi , sedentary tdee of 2500, and 5’ 10’’ to be doing sl 5x5 or ss. Currently I’m doing sedentary keto with intermittent fasting. Eating around 1500 calls a day

Who is the biggest lad here?

Either or, just do something

Probably the guy who weighs like 400 pounds that started losing weight recently.

Bit of a weird question:
Has anyone else noticed their piss becoming more ... pungent after eating higher protein?
I am really hoping I’m not fucking my kidneys

X1000 on the salt man. Previously I’d been seasoning the fuck out of it with pepper, hot sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, red pepper, etc. but I stared salting the duck out of it with pink Himalayan salt and it not only stays juicier but tastes fresh and amazing even a week of being fridged