Be me

>be me
>take gap year to apply to cambridge after getting way better results than expected
>whole family cheers me on
>can see they are actually proud of me for once
>old teachers emailing me messages of support
>have mock interviews
>told i am likely to get a place
>actually passionate about my subject too
>its the one thing i am truly good at
>confidence goes up
>showering more
>eating healthier
>being more social

>wake up this morning
>open email
>rejected after being put in the pool
>family giving me looks of pity
>feel miserable again
>know it was all for nothing
>know i have to go to a shitty russell group uni with 4000 normies who dont give a fuck for their topic
>know my degree will be meaningless
>know i have disappointed everyone

Attached: 131600EB-B0B1-43CF-BA8C-7D89042438B0.jpg (579x570, 30K)

>cambridge
i know two guys who went to cambridge and graduated with a degree in astrophysics. both of them are neets and are in their mid twenties. it doesnt matter that much lad, just do what you can.

its more that i am gonna have to go to a generic uni surrounded by clearings normies

i love my topic and its what im good at, and now my degree will be worth nothing

Don't worry user, in the grand scheme of life what university/college you go to really doesn't matter. I have a friend who dropped out of high school 2 years early, got an apprenticeship as a car mechanic, and now owns multiple cars and makes fucktons of cash when the rest of us don't even have driver's licenses yet. There's always hope

thanks user

i just loved my subject and felt like i could stand out if i went to cambridge

most people are insufferable in general, going to cambridge isnt going to get rid of the normals, in fact, youll probably have more pretentious people going to cambridge than any other uni, which i find even more insufferable than your average norman.

its shite that you feel you cant pursue what you want, best idea is to just pursue it and see what happens. a degree is a degree anyway, if an employer gives a shit if you went to cambridge or not then id advise not working for such an employer.

then again, im a neet with no life experience so you probably shouldnt take my advice too seriously.

i appreciate the advice user

thank you

i just wanted to feel like id succeeded in life. i dont have much going for me. no friends or real talents besides my subject. i feel lost now.

no problem, there is always the option of an apprenticeship though, unless your subject is quite niche e.g. philosophy.

in the end, just do what you can and do what makes you happy. its your life.

looks like you're not oxbridge material :)

>also not using your five choices on oxbridge, imperial ucl, kcl, or whatever place has the highest ratings for your subject, makes your story sound retarded.

also vast majority of good courses at most RGs and imperial dont go into clearing so it sounds like you were applying for a meme degree subject anyways, better off going into something employable.

I actually attend Cambridge, trust me, if you're not the particular person they're looking for, you're better off at a different uni
and by "particular person", I don't mean the smartest of those who applied, people here are actually quite stupid sometimes. I had to explain to a friend that Latin America is not another group of US states and Trump doesn't rule over them. he's in his 2nd year reading French and SPANISH ffs.

on the bright side, you won't have any hellish supervisions and you're more likely to get a first.

They are the highest rated for my subject. My other choices are
>Warwick
>Exeter
>York
>Durham
And they are full of fucking normies.

Thank you user. What is really crushing me is knowing I get to work on a meaningless degree from a russell group uni for 3 years.

Cambridge degrees carry a weight that the runner ups just do not have. And it sucks since I would love to go into the academia of my subject.

Your undergrad institution will not matter much for grad school as long as you do well in your degree
I know more than a few grad students at my college who are from random American state universities or other Russell group unis

go to warwick and stop complaining or reapply next year after getting some experience or doing some shit to impress them.

you're clearly some 18-19 year retard who thinks uni count that heavily, get a really high first at any of those and you'll be able to get onto most post-grads easily, you could even go to oxbridge as a post grad.

you literally discount other unis because of reputation, just highlights how ignorant you are.

Thanks user. Plus it sucks I wont experience the culture around Cambridge. Instead I get to be in some 60s built uni doing a course where my work is barely supervised or examined. Just sucks.

I am not discounting them because of reputation. I am discounting them because they are literally designed to churn out educations for thousands of people and are all somewhat generic.

you think because they are non-oxbridge, that the researchers wont give a shit about your papers etc and will just be there to churn out a degree.

you clearly have done fuck all to research any of your uni choices, again you sound like an ignorant retard, i can see why you didnt get into oxbridge.

either way, reapply next year or suck it up and go for oxbridge in your post-grad, its not like you're going to do any groundbreaking research in your undergrad, and most of your uni choices have been around since the 19th century/20th century.

I hate seeing you zoomers complain about life, fuck off already or become a weeb.

Attached: 1546672910030.jpg (1300x1600, 291K)

You seem more interested in starting shit and trying to bait me into getting angry than actually understanding the conversation.

I know people in my year who went to these unis and did not give half a shit for their topic. They admit hundreds on courses for handfuls of professors.

You just saying that I am ignorant and thats why I did not get in is irrelevant to the convo.

i'm a A*A*A UCL grad, i took the option of going there on a fully paid scholarship + bursaries and am doing a PHD at imperial.

I can say with certainty I have an understanding of how you feel, but you're not going to do anything groundbreaking at oxbridge and most of your university course is self-taught, you should be looking at universities based on their student satisfaction/course content/teachers there, but like I said; you discount them entirely for oxbridge because you have this infantile idea its oxbridge or bust.

You're not oxbridge material this year, stop being a whiny bitch about it; apply next year or get a scholarship for another if your grades were as good or better than mine.

If you're that good, graduate with a high first and any/most post-grads will be available to you, but everything you've shown in todays thread highlights you havent done any notable research.

Firstly stop talking like you are disciplining me. It is weird as fuck.

I am not saying it is Oxbridge or bust. I am saying that I am frustrated with myself for my failure and frustrated that my undergrad is going to be at a russell group uni. I am aware that I could still apply for my post grad. But it is still 3 years working on a degree around people who do not give a shit and limited contact time.

only because you type like a edgy faggot, get over yourself, you literally said your degree will be meaningless because its not oxbridge.

whatever man, have fun with your RG uni, lets hope your teachers dont find you as insufferable as you are on this thread.

have a nice undergrad lad

Finally. Fuck off.

>But it is still 3 years working on a degree around people who do not give a shit and limited contact time.
As someone who got attended to a US Oxbridge tier school, I'm glad they rejected you. You sound insufferable. Hell, maybe that contributed to why they didn't want you.

There are plenty of people who do excellent work at non-elite schools, and the professors / education will likely also be excellent. Would you have a better peers and education at Oxbridge? Yeah, probably. Your effort at the school you do attend matters 100x more though.

I literally did not say any of that was not true. Of course the professors are excellent. But Oxbridge is worth far more in both experience and work. I am disappointed with myself because I missed Oxbridge

It's fine to be disappointed, but if you go into college with the mindset that you're surrounded by retards you're going to waste your time there. There will be people smarter / more successful than you at whatever school you end up at. It's on you to find them, learn from them, and grow as a person. It'll be harder at whatever non-Oxbridge school you end up at, but the effort you put into doing impressive shit in college is 10x more important than whether you did it at Oxbridge or one tier lower of a school.

Thanks user. Mainly it just stung because my subject is all I have. I guess I sort of hyped Oxbridge as proof I was good at it. I will defo try my best at the college I do end up going to. But right now I just feel a little disappointed and hollow.

The other anons preachy attitude of me deserving to fail because I was disappointed pissed me off though.

>Durham
Im from the area and know a girl who was really fucking good at maths applied there and she dropped it as her choice after people in the group chat didn't believe she got an offer because she wasn't posh enough. Its full of Cambridge rejects and twats
No offence

2 dumb 4 oxbridge lmao

enjoy your McDegree retard.

Yeah man, college apps are stressful and rejection stings no matter how you look at it. Take some time to just feel some emotions about it. But once you're done processing it you've gotta convert that to action. Figure out your plan and get shit done to prove they made a mistake rejecting you.

nah you fuck off, literally every user has said the exact same thing, stop acting like its the end of the world you whiny faggot.

i bet you do some non-stem shit so it doesnt even matter what university you go to.

its exactly the opposite. if you're not doing STEM you need to go to a top-tier university for the connections

>degree in english from yale
job at mckinsey, PE, ibanking, law school

>degree in english from shitpile school
lmao barista time

Yeah. Just trying to get over the feelings of disappointing people and having been riding my hopes on it.

You sound like a nice person lmao

Maybe OP would just be better off dead or stay an Intel, you will now always be sad happened too me too. I'm 40 and still sad about my university rejection, I went to a normal college only to be let down.

Don't get too down about it, even if you go to some shitty CC you can always transfer out after a couple years. It will probably save you some debt too.

OP I kinda know how you feel. Recently got rejected from a decent uni that I thought I was gonna get in. I was counting on it too. Now I'm not sure what to do.