I don't know if this is the right board but I'm looking for suggestions on a bike I can use to ride around for cardio

I don't know if this is the right board but I'm looking for suggestions on a bike I can use to ride around for cardio

Attached: 1554086059847.jpg (428x583, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xgzl_EP1q9c&t=2m36s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Looks a lot like my gf

imagine the smell

Buy a hybrid, not a road bike. They're cheaper and you can still hop curbs/go on trails.

I have a Trek FX that I enjoy. If you're going any further than 5 miles, I recommend keeping tire levers, a pump, and a spare tube on you.

>t. I bike commute 14-15 miles each way into work

Me on the bike

Your mum op

Attached: tumblr_oxi34mXNMW1wvmte8o1_1280.png (532x1064, 362K)

Pretty much. I hate the lycra suit faggots. I wear an old pair of skate shoes to ride, and I seriously need to fix some shit on my bike. I'm just propelling myself with sheer anger at this point. Have threatened the lives of several motorists and pedestrians that weren't paying any attention at all.

I will say that qt trail running cardio bunnies get a wave or a "good morning m'lady" and fedora tip.

terrible
not a real cyclist

Attached: caer.jpg (1280x720, 184K)

I just started using a stationary bike. I’m hoping once my cardios up to get a bike. Should I buy an under $100 one used off craigslist or from goodwill or should I invest in a real bike and what do I want? It’s mainly for exercise. My state is basically nothing but flat ground and asphalt/sidewalk. Nowhere to take it that’s really considered a trail so I’m not concerned with that

You can buy a fantastic new bike for merely $300. What country are you from? Point me to some online sites and I can pick out a decent bike for you.

If you get a stationary bike make sure to put a fan infront of it to blow on you else you'll be a sweaty fuck.

There is literally a board for bikes you fucking mongoloid

Nah this can work with Jow Forums, having a bike is a great compliment to squats or any leg exercise. This board is fitness but weight training alone won't get you athletic.

I’m in burger land. Bikesdirect was recommended to me by a friend.

I’m considering being a poorfag because I’m jobless as of right now. But I’m trying to get another job so it shouldn’t be a problem when I’m ready to buy, but I’d still rather not pay like $500 for a bike

Kona Sutra LTE

Attached: kona-sutra-ltd-2019-hybrid-bike-green-EV354619-6000-1.jpg (484x319, 24K)

lol funny

2k for this piece of shit?

>Bikesdirect was recommended to me by a friend.

Got any others? The low end selection is kinda lacking.

Support your local bike shop.

I picked up my muddyfox tempo for £200 and its done years and thousands of miles for me so I can recommend it
Only ever had to change brakes and tyres and it's pretty quick for a hybrid

I googled this and it has suspension on the front tyre. Avoid.

I might just do what this guy recommended since I’ll be able to actually get fitted and all that, thank you though man.

Meanwhile does it matter if I sit upright on a stationary bike?

What's wrong with that? I've never had an issue with it

Suspension is a power leak, you want your bike to be as solid as possible with your body being the shock absorber (you can get decent oblique gains on a bike from this)

Here's some things to look out for:

Get a bike with dropbars
Don't get a fixie
Don't get anything with suspension
Make sure it has full size wheels (700C, the tyre will usually have this written on the side)

There's probably other shit I'm forgetting.

>Meanwhile does it matter if I sit upright on a stationary bike?

Kinda, it's really just what muscles will be focused when you're pedalling. Ideal saddle height is when you're sitting on the saddle and the pedal is at lowest postion and your leg is slightly bent, never want full leg extension only about 90% extended.

Why is it shit?

I blacked out at 7pm yesterday stayed out to around one. Had my hash stolen, my bong broken, 50 dollars missing, my knee is bruised. I woke up 4 hours late for work so I called off. Now in making posole listening to Barry White.

How about a Cannondale Bad Boy? I'm a bad boy so it fits

Attached: cannondale-badboy-hybrid-main.jpg (980x476, 147K)

ok

No.

1x chainring meme.

That aside it's vastly overpriced for the components if that 2k$ is right.

>Get a bike with dropbars
I agree with everything except this. No need for it unless you're really going to go all in on this as a hobby. Plus you're automatically adding $$$ for them.

I log 150+ miles every week on a simple $400 hybrid. It's served me well, and it was easy to get acclimated to in the beginning.

I only wish I have drop bars in really driving wind or when I'm dog-tired on a flat stretch.

I like the hybrid for the ability to mantle different things without dismounting, and because roads near me are littered with debris and potholes. To the point where road bikes get fucked up with alarming regularity.

I will add that I wish I had disk brakes. That's about it.

1 chainring. Throw it out.

Looks sick tho

Guys, I need a bike that I can use on roads, bike paths and some gravel, dirt to get from Brampton to Toronto on a daily basis. What should I get?

Get nothing, don't go to Toronto.

>I agree with everything except this. No need for it unless you're really going to go all in on this as a hobby. Plus you're automatically adding $$$ for them.

user, drop bars are no more expensive than flat bars, you know you can actually pick up this component for as little as $20 cheap by itself yeah? The advantage however is huge, you get THREE positions for your hands instead of just the one, flat bar bikes feel super awkward after using drops.

>I only wish I have drop bars in really driving wind or when I'm dog-tired on a flat stretch.

Don't forget when you want to put some serious power in, you'll be pulling up on the drops like a deadlift when you want to, can't really do that on flat bars.

>I like the hybrid for the ability to mantle different things without dismounting, and because roads near me are littered with debris and potholes. To the point where road bikes get fucked up with alarming regularity.

Some fat puncture proof schwalbe's would be ideal for that. Just gotta avoid pot holes though, pinch flats are real.

>disk brakes

Now that's adding on some $$, really good for the wet though.

A car

I unironically bought a cruiser. Single speed (PEDAL FASTER FAGET), weighs a ton, easy on the spine and people think it looks cool as fuck.

Also keeping up with geared bikes on a cruiser means when I go cycling with my other friends and borrow one of their geared techno-bikes I can reach speeds up to 40 miles per wolf hour.

>youtube.com/watch?v=Xgzl_EP1q9c&t=2m36s

The fuck are drop bars? I don't ride

Handlebars that curve down.

Attached: file.png (1280x853, 163K)

That shit has been on 10 speeds since the 60s.

Yeah, 2060s maybe.

My dad's racing bike had those handlebars in the 80s

Yeah, 2080s maybe

Yeah, stepdad maybe.

Kek

This is me to a t. Why where all that fucking expensive gear, on your expensive bike, look like a faggot reject power ranger only to be over taken by a boomer on a single speed jump bike?

Attached: 1555285749764.jpg (600x489, 42K)

Attached: saiga-antelope-lead.jpg.653x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg (644x364, 35K)

I’m on a runners high rn and I thought this was a bike recommendation at first

Commuting with my heavy old shitty tank granny bike builds much stronger legs than my nice faggot fixie I use on weekend rides.

Also cost wise; one was 500€ and I got the other for free.

>op posts humongo chungo that nearly gives me a brap attack
>bikefags talking about gear only
>not a single sauce request

Cycling really does make you infertile I guess.

and for the love of god, WHO?

Uh, bro?

THAT'S YOUR DAD.

Attached: disgusting2.jpg (1200x900, 195K)

Bike mechanic here.
Anyone on a cruisers a low t beta cuck

god i wish that bike was me

Car owner with a real job here.
Anyone who's a bike mechanic is a low t beta cuck

I bought the Giant Roam 3. Decently priced and rides fucking beautifully. I recommend it.

Attached: Roam-3_Color-A_Black.jpg (800x600, 67K)

I hear if you cycle too much you have to walk like this forever... Bretty scary boys.

Cycling is even worse for females
Its turns their vaginas into mush
Never date a female cyclist!

>tumblr

Attached: 1554321483956.jpg (622x621, 54K)

Pedestrian here.
Anyone who doesn't power walk to his job is a low beta cuck