How to activate chest?

Hi Jow Forums
So lately whenever it is CHEST day, no matter what I do I never have a sore chest or feel it when I workout. I've tried alot of exercises but all of them always make my delts sore at (which is cool) but I never feel my chest

Bench press
Incline bench press
Decline bench press
Horizontal press
Overhead press
Seated machine flies
Seated machine delt raises
Dumbbell flies
Tricep pulldown

My delts are screaming for mercy but my chest is fine. What am I doing wrong and how do I fix this?

Attached: BjZz2BS9wEhXMvQxQjqMXw_Pectoralis_major.jpg (260x260, 14K)

Mind-muscle connection

just bench, if your shoulders are hurting theyre probably whats lacking not chest

same here and I bench 90kg (plateauing right now)

should I do those meme Wolverine cables thingy ?

All I'm doing for chest is bench desu

Mind-muscle connection and focus on your form, sometimes a bad form leads to a wrong muscle activation.
Also soreness isn't always an indicator of progress/growth

>Also soreness isn't always an indicator of progress/growth
Right. But NOT being sore is an indicator of no progress/growth, right?

>Bench press
Widen your grip
>Incline bench press
Widen your grip
>Decline bench press
Widen your grip

Try to increase the weight with 2.5kg a week. Sets of 3x5. If you plateau fo deload week of 70% bench.

Ussefull exercises for extra bench power:

Heavy dumbell schoulder press
Weighted dibs

T. Increases his bench from 90kg to 125kg

I have!! I swear but still, especially with normal bench, even when I do it with low weight, slowly, and with lots of reps it are the delts that get sore after 12-16 reps.

Lol, no.

“Mind muscle connection “

Brainlet the movie the thread

Attached: F23D796A-8DE4-4C7B-B496-3878579581DA.png (672x787, 979K)

Dips are the GOAT chest workout. Bench is the most overrated excersie next to deadlift. Fight me.
Do dips, thank me later. Fuck white people.

>always make my delts sore at (which is cool)
It's not cool. It means you have poor form and are risking injury. At least on flat bench you should get minimal delt activation and on decline none. Press your shoulderblade together towards the bench and focus on pushing the bar away from the shoulders, not away from your chest/body/bench
Routine? Changing things up can usually help break through plateaus. Slightly more volume with slightly lower weight can help.

might be form

when you bench press, you should have the bar near titty level, and all the lifting action should come from the pecs. you should isolate your pecs entirely.

in order to do this well, you need good form. most people miss that you need to tense your glutes to achieve proper leg drive. your shoulder blades should be pinched to form a stable base for your upper body, back should be slightly arched. when you lift, you should feel as though you’re pushing the earth away from the bar. maximum stability.

don’t let your butt off the bench. butt provides support.

another good way to kill pecs is dips. do assisted dips if necessary. again, completely isolate the pecs.

tl;dr do all yo movement from the boobies.

this means you’re involving your delts where they don’t need to be. go down in weight until you learn how to engage only the pecs.

based

> if your shoulders are hurting theyre probably whats lacking not chest
but i can OHP almost as much as my bench without any pain

Flat bench will still use triceps too, but you're absolutely right about shoulder blades and butt on the bench.

OP if you still wanna hit pecs beyond doing bench+dips, you can do cable flies for isolation.

start your workout by doing push ups, 3 to 4 sets of 10, easy fix.

Cable flyes/ crossovers

R E T R A C T S C A P U L A

Anecdotal- one thing I noticed is when my bar path is a little lower- coming down just under my pecs- I feel my chest activate more. You could try gradually increasing the weight, while bringing the bar down more towards your abdomen. I don't recommend widening your grip. Again- anecdotal- I have experienced more issues with my shoulder and neck with wider grip.

Why do you want to get sore you shouldn't be getting sore if you do the exercise regularly with a recoverable volume

you definitely should feel something in ur pecs as you're performing the lift
i found that doing dumbbell bench with shoulder blades pinched just like on regular bench , and really focusing on squeezing at the top works for me
ive switched out barbell for dumbbell bench with no regrets

Sounds like you are not properly retracting your scapula before doing presses/flys.

Shrug your shoulders up, pinch your shoulder blades together and then drop your shoulders back down.

what I do is concentrate on moving my elbows closer together. gotta make sure the correct muscles are doing the lifting
moving your elbows closer together while your arms are outstretched definitely activates the titties