How much of a gains goblin is alcohol really...

How much of a gains goblin is alcohol really? Would there be any point working out tomorrow if I'm going drinking that night or should I just do it the day after?

Need to make these social gains by going out with friends but don't want to hinder my gains

Attached: girl_drinking_beer_c318479b416ab117cae352b74e33932ca9b0efbd.gif (263x227, 2.62M)

binge drinking hinders muscle protein synthesis

moderate drinking (no more than 2 drinks) does not

So if I'm gonna be having a few, i.e. 5, I should just do my workout the next day to get more out of it?

Only one beer per week

What about coke and whiskey? 1-2 every so often is alright right?

Lose the coke, dude. You can even just substitute the coke with water. Still tastes like whiskey, is easy to drink, and isn’t all sugar.

I'm interested in this too. The gains are so I do better at the bar, the aesthetics do nothing if there is nobody to appreciate them. Anyone have any non-broscience knowledge on this topic?

Attached: badass jesus.jpg (700x359, 31K)

/tv/ here, sauce is Van Wilder 2: the Rise of Taj. She shows her tits in the movie. And so does Lauren Cohan.

Stick to a glass or two of wine per day. Wine is goat for health unless you binge

Just drink what you want but keep it reasonable. You're not competing or a professional so don't worry about 2 drinks vs. 5 drinks or liftung day of or day after.

van wilder movies (excluding freshman year that was shit) are underrated cheap comedies. same with Harold and Kumar, would rather stick on these than something that they try and pass as a comedy now a days

I was 15 and broke my leg and was in a hospital for 2 months. All I had was a portable DVD player and a disc with movies that my classmates burned for me. Van Wilder, American Pie and a few more.
A lot of wanks have been had.

Oh shit is that the girl from Ned's Declassified?

Alcohol is a major gains goblin, I gave it up after having all my compound lifts stall and it worked like magic. I was convinced that I was at my natty limit but booze was just holding me back. Reasons not to drink:
>Alcohol directly inhibits muscle protein synthesis
>Alcohol directly lowers testosterone levels
>Beer contains phytoestrogens that are much more active and concentrated than the ones found in onions
>Alcohol is densely caloric, and alcohol calories are readily converted into fat
>Alcohol metabolism takes precedence over fat metabolism
>Alcohol lowers your sleep quality, which kills gainz (see: the relationship between sleep quality and muscle/bodyfat gain ratios when bulking + the relationship between sleep quality and testosterone levels)
>Hangovers will lower the quality and intenstity of your workouts, and encourage you to skip workouts all together

Thanks for coming to my TED talk. Also ignore the degenerates who say "just smoke weed instead". Learn to enjoy life without chemically altering your brain.

Attached: meirl.png (1597x667, 2.29M)

>strips nutrients from the body
>too much inhibits muscle protein synthesis
>source of lots of empty carbs, can ruin a cut
>next day feel like shit, can be demotivated from hitting the gym/hit less heavy/volume
alcohol is a gain goblin, I wouldn't bother with it "only 1 drink" always ends up as 10 drinks because after the first you lose the ability to say no to another
Nadia in american pie is a good wank, Tara Reid is kinda meh to me, Riley Reid, completely different kind of actor is hot though, but in Van Wilder the scene with the math is really good content hah.

In my case, my stomach gets inflamed/bloated and pushes my spine out of place, so no, I wouldn't be working out the next day

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure they used a different girl for Holly Davidson's tit reveal.

Once a week I drink pretty heavily. I went through a period where I wouldn't drink with people, and I even used to turn down going to restaurants because I wouldn't know the calories in the meals.

Living like that is stupid. If your friends want to drink with you, go for it, as long as it isn't all the time. Just avoid drinking alone, there are better ways to relax.

DAMN chris-chan looks like that???

Pretty much what this guy said, but if you are going to go out and drink socially keep it to 1-2 drinks and go for hard liquor mixed with water.

Freeze the water first, then you're talking

Attached: no-fun-唦-not-ever-get-to-work-3977161.png (500x847, 192K)

>I gave it up after having all my compound lifts stall
Even as a novice, a one night binge threw out my lifts for a week

>alcohol calories are readily converted into fat
We can't store the metabolites of alcohol, it will take priority for burning over everything else in your system though
Agree with everything else, especially the enjoying life without chemically altering your brain.

Huge one that has the added bonus of making u more miserable when you dont drink. Since quitting completely my life has improved alot and all activites are more enjoyable. Many will claim it makes no difference if you get drunk 1-2 times a week but it really does.

I drink a couple cases of beer and a 1.75 of vodka each week and I'm doing okay.

literal poison that fucks up your normal brain and blood chemistry so kiss optimum gains goodbye

can cause damage to your liver that slows or permanently hinders your ability to metabolize fats

excessive drinking causes digestive problems and can lead to chronic intestinal inflammation that damages your ability to absorb nutrients

dead ass stay away from that shit, keep it to once a month or at the very least leave a week or two between drinking sessions

Attached: alcochart.jpg (600x630, 123K)

stop treating drinking like a competition to get the most plastered and you'll be fine

keep it to only a few drinks once a week

I drink to cope with anxiety. What do

Drinking is literally and unironically worse than cocaine and/or methamphetamine

the only really important point is the first one. i wonder how much it inhibits muscle growth. i drink a pint of whiskey every night, started lifting 12 months ago and my lifts are still going up

listen here OP, if you're cutting youre absolutely fucked. If you're bulking drink a ton of water and have a lot of calories, once you get home drink even more water. have a gatorade when you wake up and continue drinking water, by the end of the day you should be good to lift heavy

Attached: 1420000526174.jpg (800x800, 176K)

Post body

I don't drink alcohol

Fun fact: for that scene they used nuts on her shirt instead of her actual nips