Are deadlifts even necessary? Is the risk of snapping your shit up worth doing basically a modified squat?

Are deadlifts even necessary? Is the risk of snapping your shit up worth doing basically a modified squat?

Attached: youngrippetoe.jpg (336x336, 12K)

they don't only build your entire posterior chain and grip strength, they also toughen you up mentally

AMRAP deadlift once a week is the best training of mental toughness I've ever found along with ice baths

Not sure if they are necessary but they work my back way better than any other movement
The deadlift and squat are very different
Squat twice a week, deadlift once
Go with weights you can handle, if your form starts breaking down, drop the bar.

no way thats rippletits

Doing a real good job at telling me these things aren't necessary

I never do them. Oly squats, oly lifts, and pendlay rows suit me better.

Imagine being so weak you actually have to train your mental fortitude.
Maybe if you were born like me, a stoic beast with highborn blood, you wouldnt have to.
t. Break bones and tear tendons and dont even go to the hospital

You'll only snap your shit up if you have retarded form

This guy will make it.

Okay pussy whatever. You're at no risk of hurting yourself if you correct your form and don't max out. I personally prefer power cleans but I still do deadlifts for the benefits they provide for hamstring strength, grip, and lower back stability.

no necessary, just meme lifts people hold onto as gospel due to issues regarding their own masculinity.

Dont know, but i love doing them. Something about it makes me feel like im really doing work.
Also learn good form before attempting or you will fuck your shit up
t.someone who used fuck his shit up but now enjoys deadlifts more than anything

Post body
t. dies and doesn't go to the morgue

Attached: 1535132231697.jpg (640x628, 40K)

Necessary for what?
What are your goals?

>snapping your shit up
>modified squat

guess how i know that you're a weak, shit looking bitch who has absolutely no idea what the hell he's talking about

Attached: 1542089887308.png (650x650, 43K)

Ok then how about learning how to pick up a heavy object off the floor so you can help your wife's boyfriend move in?

>Everysingle big dude ever swears on the importance of deadlifts
>Everysingle strength and conditioning coach ever says the deadlift is a staple and a must
>Everysingle american football player deadlifts and powercleans heavy

Nah man I think youre just fine squating 3 sets of ten in the smith machine once a week

Attached: 1547607622898.jpg (550x422, 35K)

after a certain point they become more risk than reward, unless you're a competitive powerlifter. i'd say once you can pick up 500lbs there's really no reason to keep going.

>snapping your shit
What is wrong with you? Any lift performed incorrectly will snap something.
>modified squat
Oh, you're fucking retarded, disregard my previous question.

Sub em out for Trap bar if you aren't going into powerlifting, less risk of snapping your shit up and greater activation of the posterior chain

Technically, working out isn't necessary at all. All you really need is a good diet and just a good run outside to maintain a healthy lifestyle. So tell me why you workout at all.

Attached: 1510533282010.jpg (543x549, 41K)

I want to mog the elderly when I'm old by being able to walk by myself

Post body, you fat motherfucker

Running fucking sucks, there's nothing that sucks more than running. I'd rather have an absolute shit workout failing every lift than run.

No reason to keep pushing that number up, but why not maintain instead?

The most overrated lift atm surpassing the bench press a few years ago. Honestly the OHP/squat is a more accurate assessment of strength than the deadlift.

This. AMRAP is bullshit when you start pulling serious weight. You're not a powerlifter

>deadlift
>Amrap

Farewell back

This is my mentality exactly. Once I pulled 500 last year I was satisfied. I barely deadlift anymore. I just shrug really heavy and deadlift like once a month. My focus shifted to bench since it’s underrated these days and everyone squats.

Attached: 0840C1DF-0DB5-42DE-B9F1-CCA4E34ED574.jpg (780x1000, 287K)

>Are deadlifts even necessary?
I hope they're not. It's literally the one exercise that I can't help but feel like I'm doing it wrong, and no matter how many videos I watch, I still feel like I'm putting myself at great risk to snap my shit up. but I still do them twice a week because everyone says you have to do them so...that's where I'm at.

Film yourself to catch any flaws you aren't aware of

I wish I hadn't fucked up my knee meniscus
Deadlifts would be the only shit I would ever do forever, specially as I am growing more busy and tired

the most insecure man i ever met was built better than you, was the son of millionaires and had 8/10 looks. He's probably out there, somewhere, shitposting like you.

Fat cunts that sneer at running and call themselves lifters are pure fail.

>not doing str8 leg deadlifts for hamstring flexibility/strength.
Other than that deadlifts are not the most ideal for functional longevity. I look at people doing these and heavy squats and just pity the fools. Like what type of complex must you have to believe it's an ideal exercise.

don't keep on doing it. never do exercises that feel wrong.

deadlifts are dangerous and when they fuck up your spine, they do it in one spectacular go, not gradually. Trust me, you *don't* want back problems. I got hit in an accident and had some mild issues with my upper back, and trust me, this made me realize how spinal injuries really aren't a fucking joke.

Cringy post

/thread

COPE FATTY

Enjoy your back pain in 30 years

Attached: 6E1DFA64-CB5B-47BA-95EB-BCE59D1046F4.jpg (300x319, 17K)

It's Henry Cavill

If you have good form and use reasonable working sets you can diddly til you're 90 and never snap. There's a 90 year old chad marine who does diddlys at my gym

>deadlift is a back exercise

Attached: 1551373951796.png (213x237, 7K)

Get your first hairball today tranny?

Run barefoot, it's fun if you aren't fat

>that electric jolt shooting down the leg at the end of every set
There is no better feeling bros

Attached: 1493350470163.jpg (960x960, 87K)

...Equius?

Test

There's a big difference between productive and destructive toughness.

If you are not doing sumo than yes it is.

>using your back to perform the lift, instead of just your gluts and hamstrings

This is why most faggots like OP are little twinks in the gym.

If you don't deadlift once a week you are not going to make it. Also, it's not 'basically a modified squat'.

How the fuck is it not a back exercise, idiot?

Based and trappilled

Its hammy/glute/calf primary lat/trap secondary.

>that searing lower back ache after your one rep max
Comfy af

Yes, but double overhand only. No mixed, no hooks, no straps. Deads are king when it comes to working out forearms.

>lats in a deadlift

The lats are barely capable of bracing against the spine and are shit at keeping your scapula retracted throughout the deadlift movement. If you're trying to use your lats in a deadlift then you're retarded and probably take advice from trannies like Matt Kroc.

your lats keep your arms from swinging forward, they are used indirectly in the movement

hence
>secondary

I caught my peepee in the zipper and didn't even cry.

Attached: 1555365805547.jpg (1024x789, 141K)

0/10. thanks for confirming that you're a weak, ignorant retard with an embarrassing physique. feel free to post body/stats so i can laugh at you even harder, dumb fuck.

Attached: 1528353555191.jpg (392x418, 58K)

Checked, good job bigboy youre on your way to the big leagues.

just use a hex bar if you are so scared of snapping your back. there is NO better exercise than a hex bar deadlift. i feel like i just conquered and raped a village after completing my sets.

Do it Sumo style then

Deadlift is a good mass buil-

Attached: Deadlift 560x1.webm (720x1280, 2.98M)

>sumo
lel, also
>that hyperextension of the spine

>sumo

Attached: Deadlift 550x1.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

>rogue everything
>dat form
Crossfitters strike again.

>cringe, the post

Does his shirt say Zanarkand? If so that doesn't count because he's actually the dream of a dead civilization's deadlift so that isn't Natty.