Is there any way to maintain muscle mass while cutting/ fasting?

Looking for some Jow Forumsizen help here. Is there any way to maintain muscle mass while cutting/ fasting? Because whenever I fast I lose weight but also feel like I'm losing gains. Any way around this?

Attached: DA830074-5061-4877-9B94-50E3D29B6C71.jpg (431x420, 40K)

Fasting itself is understood to be a way of preserving lean mass, so other than keeping up your lifting it sounds like you're basically doing it. Look into refeeds, too - those seem to help.

But yeah, you seem aware that there's no way around the fact that you're just not going to feel as joocy while your body is less saturated with fuel.

OMAD 2-3 hours before the gym has served me well, last time I went for a body comp check I had actually managed to put on lean mass while losing fat
You should be able to preserve muscle by lifting heavy and to the max while getting enough protein when you eat

Bump

Doesn't fasting eat away muscle?

No, it eats fat

And OP, in order to fast and maintain/grow muscle mass you need to put in a good amount of protein to maintain protein synthesis while being well hydrated. In fact, with a deficit and fast you can maintain muscle mass and cut fat really easily. Not a whole lot of energy is their so it requires pretty strict dieting.
I ate nothing but chicken, beef, rice, yams, lots of greens, and whey protein isolate for 5 weeks and dropped from 190-180 on 1800cal/180g of protein, and as much carbs as I could get in on 80% weight lifting. Felt pretty good desu

Saw this post yesterday, just have a protein shake, should be enough protein to keep you going for however long

OP here, what are some good sources of protein then I can get in a dining hall? In University and the dining hall is pretty limited

Skyr, tuna

Don’t cut too hard, that’s it. If you tdee is 2500, don’t go under 259

My uni gives me unlimited food and I usually get eggs, grilled chicken, whatever other meat they have going on, and Greek yogurt

interesting

Roids, unironically

Very based

Just a little anavar will basically stop muscle catabolism

Can vouch/shill for Lyle McDonald's PSMF/RFL. Basically pure protein. Ran it a few times, you'll look super flat from lack of carbs, but I've never lost strength, just cardio performance.

This. Anavar is great

eat more protein, lift more, cut less.

This is all basic shit you have heard before you dense fuck. There are no other answers besides roiding, if you think otherwise do neck hangs to failure

Is cardio necessary to lose fat or can I just lift weights as usual?

Fat lose is done through caloric deficit
You can do cardio, but you don't HAVE to
Keep in mind cardio has other benefits besides weight loss

Is cardio a gains goblin?

Fast General is being gay, how do I perform a 14 day fast and will this burn 10lbs of fat? When I finish my two weeks do I eat maintenance or can I eat at a deficit for another week before going back into the fast?

Bump

Reminder though that substantial cardio can increase appetite, so you'd have to deal with that

Thanks for the bump, check the fast general someone responded