I haven't made any progress on OHP in the last 6 months, despite lifting only 52.5 kg...

I haven't made any progress on OHP in the last 6 months, despite lifting only 52.5 kg. The coaches at my gym keep telling me that
>dude, you need to do more reps!
>dude, you can't train for strength all year round!
>dude, you already maxed out your strength, now you need to do different types of exercises
I thought that was shitty advice, but it looks like 3x5 is not working for me. Should I give in to what they say and do sets of 8 reps with lighter weights?

Attached: 7e5f26a0a72090f501c5fff9641538be.jpg (620x877, 57K)

obviously

More volume
Deload if you haven't done that already

>tfw no Miko gf to rape and have my head crushed by

Yes. 3×5 is nothing no wonder you're so weak. Do more volume. Do more incline bench. Do more work on tris. Even progressing on deadlifts will help your OHP.

So is SS just a fucking meme? Jow Forums told me that I didn't need anything else until I hit 1/2/3/4.

Do 10x5

get some fractional plates (i.e. washers)

>tfw I just met up with a strong gym girl that can crush me between her thighs
I was stalling at 100lbs and I just kept hitting OHP WITH 90lbs (and eventually heavier) 3x10 and my max kept going up. I would tire out my shoulders and push pressed the last few reps. Now I have a 135 1rm

Attached: 1517374517150.jpg (500x375, 26K)

Not a meme. But linear progression stops working at some point and it's different for everyone
Do what this guy says. Incline bench and skull crushers. Drive your feet into the ground. Tense up your legs and ass HARD.

To oversimplify it:
Strength training is adaptation of nervous system/muscle mass.
In order to attain X strength you need to have Y mass.
Mass is acquired through increasing volume. If you increase your volume on a, say, weekly basis and eat/sleep accordingly, you will grow.
Once more mass has been acquired, your body can now adapt to heavier loads through strength training (low rep high weight).

https:// www.strengthsensei.com/improving-overhead-pressing-and-chin-up-strength-a-twelve-week-cycle/

You mean 5x10?

Thanks. Why doesn't the program address this issue though? Is there a rule for increasing volume? I don't want to experiment like every other gym fag out there.

I used to do 10-12 triples at 90% of my max triple. In other words if you can do 185x3 for 2-3 sets with a 5 minute rest on strength day, volume day is 165x3 for 10-12 sets with only a minute rest.

Got me to 275.

train more specifically for it if you really want
and
eat more food

No 5x10. Make 10 sets. Take your time.

I do fives, what would this look like with fives?

not OP

How many times a week do you do that? I do 4x5 once a week plus twice a week 3x8 with dumbbells, apart from that just benching and dips for shoulders and am doing 5x60kg one year in. It’s probably just a matter of volume, if you do more every week your lifts will go up, I also wasted a ton of time before getting the volume right. Don’t injure yourself though

Attached: D1EDBCD1-31B0-4A31-AE11-626C0F4E13B4.jpg (1080x1041, 69K)

Other user, but speaking of overhead press, I'm fucking inconsistent and have no stamina.

Lifting 47.5kg currently.
First set I'm usually at 8-10, but for second and third I usually quickly fall down to 6-8 for the second and 4-6 for the third.
I was the same when I was using lower weights.

Theyre absolutely right. You need to do some hypertrophy training to develop your actual muscles instead of just your CNS. After a few months of higher reps you will likely blast through your strength plateau

I dont believe in doing 5's anymore.

The Press™ is an inherently unstable movement. If you really want to max this lift, it is technique and not brute strength that needs to be trained. It's why it was in the olympics.

You are better off doing 4-7 singles on max effort day per Prilepin's chart and working at near max (ie 3's) for speed on a dynamic day.

Why? Because I gaurentee you lose most of your strength due to not having your knees and hips locked. This is a full body lift. You must squeeze your quads and lock your knees, HARD. You must squeeze your ass, HARD. You must squeeze your abs, HARD. You must keep your upper back tight. Lats. Traps. Rhomboids.

You know what took my press from 275 to 315? Heavy hip thrusts, weighted ab work, rowing heavy, and static rack pulls for time until my traps felt like they were going to split.

>315 OHP

Post body

thankyou for this high effort post
ima work up to my maxrn for u