Is this actually not a meme ?

Is this actually not a meme ?

Attached: dOMVOm2.png (1920x1080, 1.1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

hammernutrition.com/endurolytes-extreme
youtu.be/4yWQiWfgssM
youtu.be/wJypMzJhJf8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I mean what's the advantage of "snake juice" fasting instead of just water fasting ?

imagine being such faggot you cannot get your vitamins and minerals through your diet

You still get electrolytes with 'snake juice'. You wouldn't otherwise.

And a lack of electrolytes for days will create problems

It's when you fast fag.

I heard that you don't assimilate nutrients in the water as good as when it's in the food. Any truth to this ?

Yes but it's still better than nothing

mods are gay and suck huge dicks.
kill them all-

>mods are gay and suck huge dicks.

what's new here ?

sounds like snake oil if ya sniff my drift

>Tricking thousands into making mustard gas
Lmao

Attached: M1BI31u.jpg (600x315, 22K)

Theoretically it's legit. Your body needs certain nutrients to preform basic functions and this is just a non-caloric way to ingest them. You could probably just do a fresh water fast but good luck trying to work out.

Based retard larper

>is fasting a meme
will you use your brain please

The whole "snake juice" shit is just e-celeb marketing. Really all it comes down to is that if you're doing a prolonged fast, you still need to get your electrolytes like sodium and potassium. If you don't, you'll start going deficient and really feel like shit. Worst case scenario you could get some major arrhythmic/neuro problems from the electrolyte imbalances. So if you're fasting for more than like 2 days, you really should be getting electrolytes.

Really the only important ones are getting NaCl and KCl. Bicarbonate isn't needed, your body makes that on its own. You're not really likely to get deficient short-term due to low consumption of stuff like magnesium, so it's +/-. Just take a standard pill containing stuff like magnesium/zinc/calcium if you're concerned about it.

As for fasting itself, yes it works wonders. It's a great alternative to standard cutting because it's so much quicker, and any strength loss quickly rebounds - certainly no worse muscle wasting than with a regular cut that takes a longer time.

>I heard that you don't assimilate nutrients in the water as good as when it's in the food. Any truth to this ?
No, not really. Although you might be confusing this with the fact that if you ingest a ton of electrolytes all at once rather than dividing them up and taking a little at a time, that can lead to watery shits (and therefore not absorbing them because you're just expelling them instead) because salts are osmotically active and pull water with them if the amounts are too high.

That's the entire reason for mixing it and diluting them with a bunch of water rather than just swallowing a handful of salts and chugging a glass. Do that and you'll have loose watery shit dribbling out of you in about 15 minutes.

>Just take a standard pill containing stuff like magnesium/zinc/calcium if you're concerned about it
I was curious about this. Couldn't you just forego the snake juice assuming you had a multi vitamin that contained all of that stuff(idk about salt but..) because the fast general says no.

Multi-vitamin is perfectly fine if you're concerned about covering your bases. You can't forgo the snake juice though (and by that I really just mean the NaCl and KCl).

>because the fast general says no.
There's a lot of cultish thinking with them, and you have to take what they say with a grain of salt (pun not intended). They revolve around Cole like a cult of personality and uncritically buy all the anti-medicine shit about how anything that's in a pill form is automatically bad. Some of them also get autistic about drinking plain coffee or tea and sperg out about this MUH ASCETICISM MUH STOICISM bullshit.

instead of doing vitamins daily do it every 2 or 3. Also just eat liver if you want vitamins

>Pissing out your electrolytes and not replacing them
Read up why Terri Schiavo suffered a cardiac arrest at 26 and you’ll take a different approach

Uh, OP, all that shit going into the water? It's just electrolytes. It's basically a water fast.
HOWEVER: You take in too much POTASSIUM CHLORIDE? You will suffer HEART FAILURE. Not even kidding with you. Potassium Chloride is part of the cocktail of injections they use to execute felons on Death Row. Cardiac surgeons also use it to stop a beating heart when doing bypass surgery. You do *not* want to drink a shitload of the stuff, you can literally die.

Attached: 1554509654794.jpg (720x792, 45K)

It’s legit if you’re over 30% bf or don’t care about lifting

OP, that's basically a WATER FAST but with electrolytes, but you should avoid POTASSIUM CHLORIDE.
Get pic related instead: hammernutrition.com/endurolytes-extreme
Those are complete electrolytes that won't fuck up your heart if you ingest large quantities of them.

Attached: elx_3.jpg (1000x1000, 105K)

It's just water with electrolytes. You need it if you ever fast more than about 3 days. His recommended ammounts of salts are all higher than most need though. I get non stop diarrhea if I follow that recipe. This is what I use:
>Water - 1 gallon
>No Salt - 1 1/2 tsp (3900mg)
>Pink Salt - 1/2 tsp (840mg)
>Baking soda - 3/4 tsp (945mg)
>~2:1 potassium:sodium
It tastes better, doesn't make me shit my guts out, doesn't make my blood pressure shoot up, and I feel noticeably better using this recipe. YMMV. Cole seems to have a weird sodium deficiency or something. Most people do not need that much sodium. Also make sure you total potassium intake for the day never goes over ~4700mg or you might actually die.

>heard that you don't assimilate nutrients in the water
Depends on the specific nutrient. Generally they may need macros they would be found along side of in nature to absorb. For instance, vitamin D needs fat to absorb (typically found in fish fat and dairy fat). Vitamin C is often found in very low calorie plants, and absorbs well enough on its own with water. Electrolytes like sodium and potassium are fully absorbed with just water as their entire purpose is to make the water in your body conduct electricity better to allow nerve signaling to work.

No memes, but what race are you? Northern/eastern europeans can intake and excrete more sodium because the body has adapted to consuming pickled foods, so it will sweat out much higher level of salts. Other populations did not consume much salt so their bodies will hold onto it at all costs, and they will get high blood pressure and all the other bad shit if they consume any more than what comes naturally in their foods. Cole probably sweats out a shitload of salt, and so do I, to the point where I need to rinse my face before going in the sauna after a workout.

What's the baking soda for and how bad would using arm and hammer be?

Why not just drink water and take some vitamins and a spoonful of yeast?

I am 1/4 each English, Scottish, German, and Austrian/Hungarian. Not sure if that still counts as northern European or not. Blood pressure averages around 140-160 with the default recipe but is around 90-120 if I keep my potassium:sodium ratio around to 2:1.

What did people in ancient times drink when they fasted for extended periods of time?

Baking soda is for liver and kidney support and also counts towards sodium goals. Aim for anywhere from a 1:1 to a 2:1 ratio of potassium to sodium and never go over 4700mg potassium and you'll be fine. The more concentrated the juice, the slower you should sip or you will get insane diarrhea.

One meal a day or one meal every other day is fine without snake juice as long as you get your nutrients and electrolytes. The most important thing is just listening to your body. If you crave something, you need something.

Are you fucking retarded?

Like I said, it's not needed. Baking soda = bicarb. It's not harmful at all, so if you want to eat it, go ahead, but it won't do anything but buffer your stomach acid a little while getting converted into CO2, so I guess if you get heartburn, that's a thing I suppose.

>Baking soda is for liver and kidney support
This doesn't even make any sense. Where do you people get this shit from?

>YOU NEED THIS SUPP BRO IT'S BALANCED
>only 2-8% of all electrolytes
>4x more sodium than it should have for the amount of potassium provided
>120pills for $25
>need 20 pills to get enough sodium
>overdose on manganese
>still not enough potassium
>pay over $4/day for this
I'm sorry to have to tell you this but you are actually an idiot, user.

Also, potassium chloride is what hospitals use for IV solutions. You really are not a smart man. You should really do more research before acting as if you know everything about a subject.

>anglo
Poor guy. I think its more a Slav/Nordic thing to pickle literally everything so maybe you aren't as well adapted desu

>Where do you people get this shit from?
Literally just fucking google it you lazy retard. This has been studied extensively, it's not some sketchy alternative medicine bullshit, it's common, mainstream medical advice. Ask your doctor if you don't beleive me.

I wouldn't even call it a slav thing. Really just russian, and maybe ukies do that too. They pickle fucking everything.

I have green eyes and my beard is mostly red with some brown and blonde in it. Does that make me Aryan enough to avoid the gas? Or do I have to be 100% Bavarian phenotype?

Only shit I'm seeing is in patients with end stage renal disease potentially using bicarb to stabilize their pH balance. You have no clue what you're talking about.

Germans pickle everything too though. Have you never heard of saurkraut?

Sauerkraut was stolen from the Slavs desu

>You have no clue what you're talking about.
No, you're just lazy and want me to fucking spoon feed you common knowledge because your too stupid to make full use of a search engine.

If you have to ask, just assume it's the chambers

Why would that make me retarded? That's literally what doctors did for a man who fasted on absolutely no food (other than the yeast) for 15 months and he lost over 250 pounds and kept it off.

the meme is that he basically took stuff that's been big with fasting related communities for at least a decade and gave it a stupid name and presented it like he discovered it. Sodium and potassium chloride is just electrolytes. The baking soda is just to help deal with high blood acidity from keto. (yes this alkaline water in a nut shell). Magnesium is mostly nothing.

No, you're just regurgitating broscience and misunderstanding medical information. All sodium bicarb is used for is raising pH in people with acidosis, and for raising pH in the stomach for people with heartburn.

Assuming you don't have CKD or an acidotic condition like DKA, it's not doing shit.

Cole never claims to have come up with the idea and frequently points out where different elements originate from. He literally just gave it a name to appeal to normies. You just seem to want to hate him for some reason

that was after the initial outrage

Because you aren’t reading the thread

Thankyou bigbrain user

of course it's a meme. the guy is an uneducated idiot. if you lose weight too quickly you get loose skin.

How did the ancient and medieval people fast? Pythagoras water fasted 40 days and he didn't need snake oil to do it

>everything I don't understand is broscience
cool story bro

Loose skin goes away if you dry fast, which he has thoroughly proven with his clients. If you're such a fat fuck that loose skin is at the top of your list of concerns then no one gives a shit what you think anyway.

You only need the minerals and shit if you fast for a long time and had a shit diet lacking nutrition. If you had a more or less healthy diet all the nutrients you need are contained in the fat cells.

Purging this thread with obligatory snake man vids, All weight lose no tears fatties.
>On the subject of muscle loss

youtu.be/4yWQiWfgssM
>On the subject of using fat as food

youtu.be/wJypMzJhJf8

Attached: download.jpg (300x168, 7K)

This,
Also when you eat mcdonalds and high carb foods for years, your body needs to detox to get all that sugar and shit mineral build up in your kidneys. Snake juice is supposed to help you through that process for fatties with no minerals and nutrients in their fat while still getting nutrients from the supplement.

Attached: sddefault.jpg (640x480, 22K)

Basically, The water is your minerals and nutrients similar to an IV at a hospital. And the fat is just pure energy to use as food. That is why you can fast for 2 weeks and not be hungry whatsoever. 34lbs of fat is enough food to last 48 days while fasting.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 151K)

When compared to back in the old days, They ate a lot of what we consider keto so to fast for them it was very easy on plain water.

Attached: MAC11_RELIGIOUS_DIET01www.jpg (660x277, 248K)