The lifting conundrum

Took me some time to really realize that I gained absolutely nothing from lifting. Not only that but I could gain all the muscle mass/leanness/ and health benefits simply from doing body weight exercises. I’m not advocating for strictly calisthenics but every sport/activity that requires the body to work as a whole is infinitely better than isolation lifts/machines. A combination of running, swimming, combat sports and calisthenics gives you the ideal physique as well as athleticism.

This idea that every beginner should start doing strength training when their goal is to be aesthetic is utterly Asinine. And vice versa you wouldn’t recommend a PPL routine to someone who’s looking to get stronger

If however you decide you want strength then stick to compound lifts that move the body as a whole

And for the love of god don’t start doing body building. It’s literally anti health and fitness

Attached: 9FBF0D1C-82B4-4E81-8FA4-443C6C787362.jpg (642x819, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mennohenselmans.com/compound-vs-isolation-exercise/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

brother, i had the mind set a couple of months ago. the mindset of a depressed ex wreslter who’d been wrasslin since he was old enough to walk. dude, i was on some serious spartan shit you know, mingling gymnastics, karate, swim, wrestling, plus all the crazy stretches, workouts, and disciplines you must learn to make it. after it was all said and done i only bagged myself a cif and masters championship. my physique was nothing to right home about, but i always thought if all the world were afight, i’d be somewhere along the end game. so after going to the gym for a couple of months and not really seeing much i stopped going, the loudest barking thought being that, man, i see these nasty, malformed, tolkien creatures in the gym... i’m gonna end up looking like them if this is all i do. so i stopped going. i got soft.

to wrap it up, my brother tells me one day, when i told him my mindset, which looks to be yours, that man fuck isolating i wanna be a gymnist again, tells me, that it’s just hard. to sculpt yourself a hot bod takes serious discipline and work. but if you and i are in the same boat dude, we’re better off than allot of the dorks here, cause we gots tht internal strength my n

You gain nothing from anything you do in your life. If you don't enjoy lifting and what comes with it then don't do it. It's simple.

>I could gain all the muscle mass/leanness/ and health benefits simply from doing body weight exercises
Post body.

It's ok OP, go ahead and take the calisthenics pill.

The calisthenics + daily cardio pill is extremely based. Your body will feel a lot better, and you'll be much healthier than the powerfatters and liftfags that think >muh cardio kills gains

>every sport/activity that requires the body to work as a whole is infinitely better than isolation lifts/machines.

Source: My butt, because all things natawal awww gudddde

you will get hate but you speak truth

yes
Iswimming is good

There is no such thing as functional strenght. Strenght is strenght. Strength training and even bodybuilding is good for you. Obviously you should incorporate cardio for maximum health gains. Otherwise you're just a faggot who thinks you have figured it all out

If you think being lean at 160 is the ideal physique

mennohenselmans.com/compound-vs-isolation-exercise/

Not to mention short distance running swimming and climbing has little to no effect on your joints and increases your over all cardio vascular endurance

Attached: 55838772-2288-4451-931B-84622A56362E.jpg (890x793, 131K)

>There is no such thing as functional strenght. Strenght is strenght.

If that’s the case then functional strength is just putting a hat on a hat and it’s thus a moot point. However there is a limit of what isn’t functional while also being extremely strong

Most power lifters who are in the 350 range, can’t even run a minute or do a body weight push up which is incredibly non functional. Putting all your eggs in one basket is never a good idea especially when it comes to fitness

Ultra marathoners are just as unhealthy as powerlifters as far is I’m concerned

I just like lifting broo

>simply bodyweight

But you forgot to say that every athlete, amateur or professional do training + lifting weights.

At college it's training in the morning and lifting after lunch, no, no one does bodyweight it is squats and bench, even machines.

>normies train like normies
wow, great insight

Well for starters

They do types of strength training or specialized training if anything. “Lifting” is a blanket term that targets nothing which is why every gym bro say they lift its because in reality they’re doing nothing really

Lifting weights is an accessory to every sport not the other way around. Tyson got his punching power not from bench pressing but hitting the heavy bag, O linemen as shocking as it sounds don’t get their driving power from heavy squats it’s from practicing against D linemen that they gain their driving power (before you argue just look up sumo wrestlers. Literally the O linemen sport and they do 0 weight lifting), rock climbers don’t get their grip strength from use grip strength squeezers but from actually rock climbing and hang boards, swimmers don’t get their speed from last pull downs but from actually hoping in the pool and focusing on their swims

>no one does bodyweight it is squats and bench, even machines.

This is just blatantly false. Literally look up any college athletes training and they will have to do pull ups, dips, burpees and a myriad of other body weight workouts

You got to the right place, then took it too far. Every professional sportsman lifts weights, just about. There’s exceptions but if you look at basketball players they all lift weights. The good is that they don’t do just that.

The aesthetics obsessed Greeks also lifted weights for training. Pushing your limits of strength is what is going to make you stronger, and lifting weights just so happens to be an efficient way to do that.

cringe but redpilled

>A combination of running, swimming, combat sports and calisthenics gives you the ideal physique as well as athleticism.
t. dyel

I lift a bit, but I mostly swim and run because I pretty much have to. I'll never look as good as someone who only lifts.
Yes, normies will think you look good shirtless if you do cardio shit and other stuff, but you will never look better than the local gym rat who's been lifting for 5+ years and knows what he's doing. It's not even body dysmorphia, I'm just being realist.

>if you practice something for a long time, you get good at it.

everyone knows that. lifting weights if a form of activity for people with sedentary lifestyle. You can't tell a computer guy to go do sports to get a better body.

Who actually gives a fuck about aesthetics after you've made it by normie standards?

>Who gives a shit about cardio if you can outrun a normie?

>Who gives about BF% if you are below the national average?

>Who gives a shit about careers if you make more than the average wage?

>Who cares about women if you have a 5.1/10 gf

is this pasta?

This. Doing purely weightlifting is pretty dumb. It's great to incorporate it mainly for mass and raw strength but calisthenics will get you some serious gains and mobility. Swimming, cycling, and rowing are amazing for cardio with no damage to your joints. Climbing will get you crazy strong grip and endurance. If your goal is to be as fit as possible, incoporate the benefits of each method.

gym is a jewish con trick. calisthenics is superior.

>It’s literally anti health and fitness
dont care virgin

Based. I love your threads bro, keep spreading the truth.

Attached: a30ccc8a700da37ff479714229f56948--african-tribes-african-art.png (360x540, 259K)