I wanna start practicing Muay Thai or similar martial art in the summer...

I wanna start practicing Muay Thai or similar martial art in the summer, can I hear some of Jow Forums‘s martial arts stories or experiences?

Attached: C8C9386B-AB7E-4ABB-9A96-0A606C391509.jpg (699x572, 271K)

it's hard to find a legit gym that doesn't train like pussies outside of Thailand/Netherlands/UK

I got kicked in the face and died

Yeah blame the gym.
If you want to get really skilled, invest in personal training with the master.

Who

OP again, if I get a bag and what not is there any benefit to starting out with resources online?

I live in Scotland and from my personal experience gyms in America etc are absolute shite. If you're a beginner then good luck trying to git gud when you're paying 50 dollars to do 5 rounds of McDonald's sparring

Definitely helps a lot, but coaching is still needed to refine technique

perhaps you want to try free style wrestling. I get a very positive vibes from Ben Askren example.

Started to train bjj two months ago, definately noticed improvement in my everyday life.

You absolute fucking moron. You have fucking no idea what you're talking about. Thai gyms are known to spar light.
>good luck trying to git gud when you're paying 50 dollars to do 5 rounds of McDonald's sparring

What the fuck does this even mean? I'm sure your chav "just let me bang" gym will serve it's purpose in accelerating your CTE and letting you feel tough.

>Find gyms in your city
>Go to them and watch a class
>ask if they spar, and if so how regularly
>if they don't spar don't go
>ask for gyms that spar
>repeat cycle

grow up in boston and paid $140/mo for a gym with a joe sixpack kru, box instead for basically free
move to the dutch/german boarder while my nazi gf finishes school
>nieky holzken trains 35 miles away from me,
>assume it must be 100euro atleast per month
>only 30
>never knew dating a kraut would be so based so based

save the money for gyno surgery

Lots of fun, but would be careful with competing, that's when the serious injuries start happening. Been there, still doing that.

i practised diksuk for some time but stopped when one of the bigger guys broke my jar durring sparring.

>roiding for this
Disgusting

Thank you for the response

Can you learn to construct coherent sentences? thanks

Muay thai requires a degree of flexibility and sparring where I go is relatively light. If you want hard sparring do MMA. Bjj or wrestling are solid choices too.

I’ve almost got all my splits so my flexibility should be at least close to adequate, I hope.

I used to be a gynmast but it fucked with my joints

Look for a boxing gym

I practice Judo and BJJ, and used to do Capoeira too. If you want to know something, just AMA

Is there any way to make some kind of living of fighting competitively?

No kicks in boxing though.

If you get good at kicking and using elbows and knees to your advantage you'll auto win most fights. And it's practically the only way you're gonna win against someone bigger and heavier than you.

BE GOOD AT MMA AND THEN HOPE YOUR BRAIN ISN'T FUCKED BY THE TIME YOU'RE 40

>I wanna start practicing Muay Thai
Do it, it's a lot of fun. It's pretty intense cardio wise and you will do exercises that you aren't used to so it's a bit tough in the beginning. Also don't let your ego take over. Even dyel guys can smash you if they have been training for a while, so just be respectful and try to be a good student.

T. Been training MT for 8 years

Thanks man, I appreciate it

Just go to a gym first and see how you like it. Training with other people is much more fun and you will learn much faster. Also you can't do any sparring on your own.

You are like the guys who ask about building a home gym before they even tried working out for the first time.

True, my friend does Muay Thai so I’ll go with him soon to check it out.

Not sure what you're looking for desu. I do martial arts, they're lots of fun. Am built for wrestling so I'm good at that, wish I was better at kicking. Long torso, short legs though

Sorry keep you waiting. It depends on some factors, like how good you are, what are you fighting and how much your country supports sports. For your average competitive fighter, you'll make enough to cover your expenses for the tournaments, and that's it. But it depends, really

So in theory if I were to become competitive, I’d break even or possibly profit a small amount. Sounds good