/sig/ Self Improvement General - Roller Jousting Edition

/sig/ Basics:
>YOU are 100% responsible for the way you experience life. Not your parents, not your surroundings, not your ex, not your bully, not your future spouse. YOU. Complete, sincere acceptance of this is the most fundamental step to bettering yourself, and it is by far the hardest thing you'll ever do.
>Work your way to becoming the best YOU you can be - one step at a time.
>Set realistic Goals and have a Plan. Use short-term Goals to keep yourself going.
>Learn helpful and effective daily/weekly/etc. routines, including mundane ones.
>Have a steady sleeping rhythm - one that works for you, so long as you keep to it. Get 6-11 hours of sleep. pastebin.com/h4CDDtKu
>Meditate ( Guide: youtu.be/F0jedwTzIJg - important: relax your jaw, lips almost parted ).
>Learn to be Brutally Honest with yourself. Stop being a slave to your Ego.
>Have the balls to follow any beliefs to their logical conclusion. Think critically, question everything.
>If you need to put others down to feel good about yourself, you are putting yourself in a position where you are dependent on the people you look down on.
>Focus on the essentials. If you try to do everything at once, you’ll burnout. Little by little.

Resources:
>4chanfit.wikia.com/wiki//sig/_sticky - The most basic shit is here.
>dbtselfhelp.com - Dialectical Behavioral Therapy self help resource. Particularly useful for those struggling with anger, depression and anxiety issues.

Books:
>gutenberg.org/ebooks/2680 - Meditations of Marcus Aurelius
>misc.equanimity.info/downloads/mindfulness_in_plain_english.pdf - Mindfulness in Plain English
>anonfile.com/j4K6XeT2m8/_Revised_Dale_Carnegie_-_How_to_win_friends_and_influence_people-Simon_and_Schuster_1981_pdf

>> Old thread

Attached: 43.jpg (1414x2000, 284K)

Is this the nazi general?

How to gain weight if I just can't eat more? I don't really have much of an appetite.

Attached: 1552930694124.png (380x496, 132K)

anyone has recs on books that can help with BPD or depression? thanks
a friends of mine that use to had this problem eat food that was highly caloric but could help him with his macro needs. peanut butter for example, highly caloric (peanuts) and protein

I'm trying to do this 7 days no distractions just doing lifting, reading, and meditating thing but the world just won't let me take a week off. Work is fine with it, but my family especially refuses to leave me alone for one week.

According to this project, you're supposed to remove all distractions (work, personal stuff, video games, social stuff etc) to just focus on yourself and remove all your bad habits. It's a transition. Any tips on how to stop my family though? They refuse to let me be.

Attached: 1542062181147.png (1332x1949, 348K)

There's no routine thread up, so I'll post my routine here. I'm a lanklet with a physical job so I'm trying to keep it low volume.
All unilateral exercises are done with x reps for a single limb, so I do 24 reps for one set of 12.
0-99 Knuckle push-ups every day besides Sunday.
A
3 x 15 Goblet Squats + 3x12 DB rows
3 x 8 Close Grip Pull-ups + 3x8 Hanging leg Raises
2x Single-Leg DB DLs + 2x Wrist rollers

B.
3 x 20 Lunges + 3 x 8 OHP
3 x 20 Diamond Push-ups
3 x 5 Wide Grip Chin-ups

xABxABx

Similarly, i can't reduce the interactions with a handful of close friends to such a low level.

How do you get over bad things happening? I've been trying my best to be positive and imporove my self esteem but I failed an exam I studied really hard for. I'm finding that I have to try really hard to be positive and not wallow in negativity and self pity right now...

Most of the times i talk to a girl i feel like my chest is under pressure, i'd say comparable to a 2pl bench but over the whole surface.
I talked to a girl recently and didn't have it, but it's starting to rear it's head, it's just the bar now. Really want to ask her out.

Try mindfulness meditation. It's actually a legit practice, and just like everything else it takes time to master a skill. It's almost like shutting the ass hole up in your head, you learn to mute the conscience and realize things are just "a happening".

To get started download the Headspace app or Waking Up by Sam Harris.

Tired of procrastinating online. I'm gonna try the dopamine fast thingy. Is it worth it ?

>New girl who is EXACTLY my type starts work
>I mean at least 8/10
>We all work on the same floor just different teams
>She is on the team next to me

Lads..

How would i go about showing interest? I can’t let this slip away even If I’m shot down instantly, she is just too good not to give it a go at least

Any ideas? Or should i just leave it

Attached: 1551666608259.jpg (707x300, 12K)

How do I fix this?

Attached: meirl.png (1602x228, 78K)

>#1
What do you think is a better mindset for achieving goals? For example, you want to stop eating products that have added sugar in them. Is it better to treat it like a challenge by saying to myself "I'm going to go no sugar for 30 days" or is it better to not set a big goal like that and just take it day by day and every morning just decide "Today I'm not going to consume any sugary foods" and just reset it every morning?
>#2
Obviously most of you are healthier than an average person and you take care of your bodies. Knowing that you put in so much time and effort into your body, do you find that your standards when looking at women are going up as well? Would you settle for a 5-6/10?

Not fitness related modsssss

Attached: 1546908949029.jpg (224x224, 14K)

I've actually been reading The Mind Illuminated... will try an app too

that's what I'm working on but that obviously doesn't prevent it from feeling bad. On an intellectual level I know I have to move on but on an emotional level I can't

JUST DO IT

Just make sure that you are doing stuff that is challenging as often as possible. Its really easy to veg out and watch videos but its actually hard to actually do the thing.
So don't pick the easy route, always pick the more difficult one.

Attached: 1554541137920.jpg (2008x1376, 613K)

>How do you get over bad things happening?
This is a big question, IMO. There isn't a perfect way for everyone, but you essentially have one of two options, depending on your personality:
A) You recognize that you are comfortable within your own skin, and you take setbacks as they are because they don't affect your core being.
B) Instead of wallowing in self-pity, you try to assess what happened and learn/improve. It's less about being "positive" (consider, e.g., an athlete after a tough loss) and more about putting one foot in front of the other as soon as you recognize what you need to do.

A key element of both is seeing the situation and your part in it for what it truly is (to your point of view, anyway). I think if you're here in /sig/, you lean towards type B. Mindfulness may be more useful to a type A, but a type B needs to learn to see their failures more clearly and then correct those failures, if possible.

Start with small talk and maybe a few talks later if she doesnt seem too cold then just ask her to go eat after work

have any of you tried intermediate fasting? did it work for you what was your plan.