At what point do you need squat shoes?

I find I can only maintain good form when I have my heals raised on plates when squatting. Would squat shoes be a good option for me?

Attached: sqaaaaaats.jpg (1024x576, 232K)

When you're ready to hand in your natty card

Attached: Winners_Dont_Use_Drugs.png (320x224, 6K)

Adjust your stance then. Shoulder width is just a general guideline.

@50445704 what? yes they absolutely do!

when you start squatting twice your body weight

>maintaining good form
>raising your heels

Choose only one.

just get the shoes don't fuck around with plates under your heels, that's asking for an injury if done over an entire weightlifting career.

You can find them for like $100.

Don't get those soft-soled ones - they are shit.

redditfag

that's what these shoes designed soley for squatting do? Explain?

just work on hip mobility and general lower body flexibility... it's not that hard, in a few weeks you should be able to squat without lifting heels if you're not too fucked up

They don't raise it up as much as a plate does. Most shoes will raise it maybe an inch. A plate is like 1.3 inches

You wouldn't play football, soccer, or baseball in a non-casual sense without the proper shoes. Why would you weightlift without the proper shoes. Unless you've been squatting your whole life and have never relied on shoes, why stop now?

I'd tip forward once I reached 1.1x bw squat, stalled there for ages trying to fix my form. I finally got the shoes and now I'm at 1.3x bw. Instant huge improvement right away, would recommend

If you can't hold 100% perfect for with bodyweight and empty bar, then dont get shoes. Hell you shouldnt even squat period if the previously mentioned skills arent mastered. I'm not talking bracing until youre red in tbe face but with nothing more than the bar on your back.2

Never.

kys

I can do that, provided I have my heels raised.

Nah, that doesn't count. If you have to put a condition after it, then you cant do it. I'm talking barefoot or in chucks. I've got long legs and short torso, so arguably one of the worst bodies for squats. I only recently got a pair of squat shoes and I've been squating the last 12 years. I got them after a slipped disk to take sheer force off my spine, because I need to lean further forward due to my body mechanics. If you arent mobile enough to preform the exercise in the basic form, you dont need to crutch yourself with equipment to "progress". Work mobility and flexibility before you worry about shoes.

Hmm ok, I have started to do banded ankle and hip mobility exercises, just continue with that?

A plate is unstable as fuck

I dunno, I'm talking about the thick rubber bumper plates

Hello fellow long limbed lord. What was the adjustment period like for the shoes? Were you weaker at first? I've only been lifting ~1.5 years, I think my squat form is pretty good in chucks, and I've concentrated on fixing problems with technique. Some very good squatters at my gym have commented that I might benefit from shoes, and to try plates under heels. I did that last week and everything just felt off, kept leaning too far forward etc

Yea, the hip bands are a blessing. Do many pause squats and monster walks with them. Also do pic related to work on dorsal flextion mobility. Toe lifts with small dumbells help with dorsal flextion strength, to pull your knees forward. Lastly, perfect an overhead squat with an empty bar and flat feet. Thats the ultimate form builder in my opinion.

Attached: knee_to_wall_test.jpg (600x266, 21K)

Just put plates under your heels. Stop being a faggot.

You are the faggot

>you need special shoes to squat goyim
>only 200$

Kill yourself.

Attached: 06C3A69E-9712-4CB6-9F06-EC4C0490B981.jpg (685x643, 120K)

It was actually pretty nice. Youve got to learn to pull your hips to your ankles though. So if your front squat or overhead squat are lacking then the shoes might be weird. I've trained alot of high bar as well as lowbar and front squats and alot of clean and jerk in flat shoes so I know how to fall in my hips pretty well. If youve got a tight groin or hips, that might hold you back worse than lack of ankle mobility. The shoes didnt really make the squat feel any lighter, the form felt more natural though. I can just glide down instead of hitting the sticking point and forcing myself lower. If you do look for shoes, look for a shallow heel drop of like .5 or .6 inches. This is the lowest I've found in quality shoes, which shouls make for an easier transition from chucks than say a .75 or 1in heel.

Pic is a terrible case for your argument. His back looks ultra fucked, plus this was when the weight shoes weren't as widely available or well designed

>look! Arnold did something sub-optimal and risky, that means you should too!
Just buy the shoes you daft cunt

I've squatted 5 plates with plates under my heels

Fuck off you faggot pussies.

try a wider stance

and i have squooted 10 plates with 5 plates under my heel

Why didnt you post a pic of you amazing feat instead of Arnold's measly 4 plate on a board?

where can i purchase this model? At my country's adidas store they only got the ugly nu-4's

Dunno man it's just a pic I ripped of google images.

SOCK SQUAT GANG WW@

fatty squatting bare feet lowbar spotted