I genuinely don't understand, what's wrong with his apartment?

I genuinely don't understand, what's wrong with his apartment?

Attached: apartment fine.png (1080x1439, 817K)

It's not pretty enough and you haven't spent enough of your money, goy

Women cannot into minimalism.

it means you're either poor or depressed

Nothing, even the normies are defending it. A couch would be nice though. Besides that assuming this isn't the only room it's nice.

They don't understand the concept of saving money either. The 50's had it right.

also
>carpet
pathetic

Attached: 1546842453516.png (657x527, 35K)

Incorrect TV height. Looking down like that will cause neck strain over time.

Ignore her. She's just a stupid shallow stacey bitch that has life on easy mode. That guy is probably a mr robotto that is going through rough times.

its very sexy and spacious

thats not minimalist. thats lonely lives alone autist. fine if you're happy with it, but its not normal to have living conditions THAT barren and ugly

>poor or depressed
Yeah. The possibilities are endless. :^)

For some people, an empty room seems unfinished and inadequate. Unpersonalized. It might also seem lonely and depressing. Ultimately it depends on the person, but I'd say the majority of people don't see a problem with it.

because that room says he comes home and sits down to play video games the entire time. They are his life outside of work.if he even works.
also that he's poor as fuck, probably emotionless, cold and detached not to have ANY personal effects. Also I dont think the girl is hating, more just making a funny observation. because that is an ugly depression cave. no reason to be so touchy about it.

I know but if that's all you need why get more?
Hell I only have more furniture because of people who come in and I made fun of the fact all I had was a sleeping bag and my computer I made a bunch of furniture out of OSB and apparently they love it so much they want to make some for them. But fuck man they're all empty why do I need any of that.

Why would he be depressed or going through rough times? I think it looks great.

Carpet is comfy.

I can kind of see this but could easily be fixed with a taller table.

>the majority of people don't see a problem with it.
Yeah that's because not all adults are nosey immature jerkoffs like stacey.

nothing
she just wants to complain about something but in the end she will still go over there and get fucked like the rancid whore that she is

>you need objects surrounding you in order to have emotions
This is how I know females post on here.

how autistic are you nerds?

jesus fucking christ, an empty desolate soulless apartment is a turn off, it's lame and boring and reflective of the person in it, what kind of weirdo would wanna live like that?

think for 1 second

>autistic user recycles posts he's made before

Why would any of us want to please normies?!

Think for 1 second.

You dont really NEED anything. But its nice to see a person in their living place. They dont have photos of memories, family? mementos? hobby items? sorry but its extremely telling of someones personality if all they own is a games console

Keep in mind she didn't post this because of the content. She saw the image, remembered that one tweet she saw where someone said this exact thing, and tweeted it, expecting lots of attention from people agreeing or disagreeing. The content is irrelevant, what matters to her is that she got the attention. We don't even know if that's what she actually thinks of the room.

It could use a seat for a second person

I mean thats fine if its how you want to live. It just isn't the norm to only want that. I don't like a lot of junk and clutter either, but I definitely don't want to come home to a barren room.

Memories belong in the head, and you're life is more fulfilling if you live it in the moment. Anyone that would clutter their house with garbage for something as vapid as you're suggesting is the real emotionless one.

Hobby items usually go in your bedroom. What reason is there to have family photos or mementos in your living room?

>why would any of us want to please normies?

Because you want to be one

That looks like my old apartment, except the kitchen is the other way

>women live with clothes strewn everywhere, overflowing trash cans, bloody tampons left in the sink for days, and don't see any issue
That guy's place is clean.

We want to be accepted for who we are.

youre quite simply wrong. theres a balance of not being cluttered/person who has no life or personality. But if you dont see that then I can't tell you otherwise.
bedroom if you still live at mummies. bedroom is for sleeping. Living room is where you should be LIVING as an adult. spending the majority of your time. homes should be a reflection of yourself. I just can't fathom how miserable and weird you'd have to be to literally have a chair and a games console as all you come home to.

have you even met a woman. nobody leaves fucking tampons in the sink

>thats not minimalist. thats lonely lives alone autist
It's both you mongrel.

Tbh that's pretty depressing and anti-comfy. He needs some decor like a nice coffee table or something

its eerie. its like that murderer psychiatrist in american horror story, the clinical room devoid of personality. It makes people uncomfortable

Why should homes be a reflection of yourself? The only reason I can think of is to please other people.
>I just can't fathom how miserable and weird you'd have to be to literally have a chair and a games console as all you come home to.
You just come home. Do you need other objects in the room to feel "welcomed" or "at home"?

probably missing plants or paintings and other faggy shit

>you're quite simply wrong
>about subjective material
Completely vapid and brainless as usual. Only a materialist that hasn't even dipped their toes into spirituality would ever derive gratification from the objects around them. What a horrid existence you live lol.

Attached: chad indo european.png (1544x1024, 215K)

Can't I have one exaggeration? They do tend to leave their apartments in disgusting conditions.

minimalist is a way of living your life, its stylish. it isnt simply an empty room with an ugly dated carpet and worn out ugly recliner.

It's impractical. He ought to have a table and trashcan next to his chair so that he doesn't have to get up so often. It is also a bad idea to face in a way you cannot see the doors or windows, look how easy it is to sneak up on that chair. This man's not only in danger of burglars, but also exercise. Highly stressful apartments imho.

Attached: Ca2414145.png (738x328, 138K)

Not colorful enough.

I wish I could even afford an apartment.

because that is something that makes normal people happy to come home. as i said theres clearly a disconnect in your brain here. just understand you are not representative of the vast majority of people. You are weird.
its a depressing fucking ugly room. im not even say fill the place up with clutter. just fucking something. not wanting a nice home is some weirdo creep shit whatever you seem to feel about it.

so do plenty of men. the absolute state of the ones I flat shared with.. you cant generalise so much

>theres a balance of not being cluttered/person who has no life or personality.

The only thing that's remotely odd about that room is that there's only one chair. That, naturally, says that the person is never expecting to need a chair for another person.

But decoration? People who fill their house with knick-knacks or wall art generally don't have the taste level or budget to do it correctly, and end up just looking like vulgar rubes. The "BLESS THIS HOUSE" crowd really have no grounds for looking down on this guy, "personality" wise.

Its comfy and open. There's nothing unnecessary in it. Beautiful minimalism. I like it. You're the weirdo that wants to fill up your home just for the sake of filling it up.

Attached: tyler durden.gif (599x250, 580K)

carpets are gay id rather have hard wood or tile

I'd be alright with hardwood but I hate tile its just cold and hard. Beige flavorless fluffy warm carpeting is pretty comfy though.

>You're the weirdo that wants to fill up your home just for the sake of filling it up.

Actually, the TRUTH is that poster wants to fill up his home for the sake of trying to make an impression on others. All this talk about wanting to "feel welcomed home" - yeah, whatever. The real emotion he's describing is the desire to make others think he's smart, clever, "interesting", rich, etc.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's just annoying to have to listen to the pretense. You want your home to display class markers so that others of your class can recognize that you belong - nothing wrong with that. But the guy who owns the OP pic clearly isn't concerned with that, and there's nothing wrong with THAT, either.

I thought I was posting on /tv/ so I wrote /tv/ on the piece of paper. date's right though

Attached: 20190115_170705[1].jpg (2560x1440, 897K)

its not beautiful minimalism. its an ugly depression cave. try googling minimalism

First I thing I notice is there's only one chair which means nobody has took the time to visit this man.

Nobody comes round to my house. I just happen to take pleasure in my surroundings and making them look nice. there is nothing remotely nice about the OP pic. literally do not care if people are into that, it just isnt particularly normal so dont try and pretend it is.

You are all pretty far removed from what is generally considered normal human behaviour. Even nomadic cultures generally carry personal mementos and such with them. I would assume not having the desire to do so leads other people to think you are cold, distant and so on.

You have "minimalism", i.e. not spending money on useless shit that will only collect dust, confused with "reddit minimalism", where you buy a few very expensive things to impress strangers on the internet.

Again a vapid response, the only thing you're jusdging is that you think the room looks like its owned by someone who is poor or doesn't have a lot of friends like says. Not the actual beauty of such a simple way of living.

>Eww! Chad your apartment is so empty and soulless, i don't want to suck your 9-incher anymore
-Said no one ever

Attached: tyler2.jpg (494x496, 42K)

>I would assume not having the desire to do so leads other people to think you are cold, distant and so on.
Exactly the point, the people who care only do so to please others.

decorations don't do anything so I have no logical reason to waste my money on them

>You have "minimalism", i.e. not spending money on useless shit that will only collect dust
Yeah that's not what minimalism is. That's being frugal

there is definitely a beautify in a simple way of living and simple surroundings. But OP is not it. he is not making some statement or life choice. He is probably just a lonely depressed autistic poorfag.
vapid or not. there is nothing nice about the room and using the views of the average guy here.. hardly benchmarks are they. Its objectively pretty ugly as a room.

The virgin LCD
vs
The Chad CRT

Or they just have the seemingly innate human desire to surround themselves with objects they may or may not deem meaningful.

There use to be a comic regarding exactly this
Where a guy's life was just big rocks saying "Alone Things" and a woman saying, "I don't think you're in the space for a relationship

Then there's a few panels of him gradually taking a chisel to the stone, turning it into various pieces of furniture.
A sofa, a couch, a coffee table, and end table.

And the last panel is him again with a women, but now she' saying something like, "Wow, you have a very balanced and interesting life"

Jow Forums did sooo many great retakes on that comic strip, but I don't have any of them after my HDD crash years ago.

LMAO i never met a dude who keeps photos around. roasties begone

you're probably better of saying normie begone. or even chad because i have managed to drag myself up from the sort of pathetic autist who would have the OP room. I have a warm welcoming home and a girlfriend. Benchmarks of normality. not sitting in an empty room spunking my life on video games

I mean shit I lived in pretty much pic related for the first part of my life. I've never had a need for anything more other than a table and a bookshelf.

Attached: tatami-room-X2AKGR.jpg (1300x956, 170K)

bro you sound like a fag not a chad if im being honest

no I'm not a chad. but I've managed something many of us here can't and I think that just suggests i may be just a touch more normal and adjusted in this regard
big difference. that looks nice and welcoming. the wood and natural light speak for themselves

The problem here is just throw in a cheap table and some other chairs or a couch if you were to have people over.

What it probably is, is picture of a new apartment. It looks too clean for someone who would only have a chair and console, same with the water. It's a joke cus it's a normie that just moved.

>living in an apartment and not at least a townhouse

Attached: bpn6uyedoui11.jpg (1200x675, 92K)

Pretty nice place, why would I need more?

It's the same thing with a different light. Depressing grottos are just as valid as a tatami room.

Imagine judging beauty according to social status instead of what you actually like.

its not even remotely the same
and what does the person in OP like? I dont fucking know. apparently his life is just video games. That isn't normal. you're not even understanding kek. just proves my point about the sort of person who would consider those acceptable living conditions

>you need to make a statement
No you don't. The simplicity of his home is beautiful, any kind of statement would make his arrangement as vapid as you. He's just living an ascetic lifestyle.

Attached: diogenes ascetic.jpg (800x1150, 196K)

>all your wants and desires have to

I honestly don't understand how people like you even exist. You're not even a person your just here for the approval of others. He doesn't need to show anything he just does what he likes and lives his life.

How is it different. Substantially it's exactly the same. Functionality it's exactly the same. Aesthetics are just of ones perception.

What I truly dont understand is why normies are so offended by the fact that others are content to have so little furniture

*>all your wants and desires have to be shown so people like you don't judge him

Sir, your cat is very cute

again. dont care what they like. This is just how the average well adjusted person sees that kind of room and the sort of person who would be happy in it. All I've done is answer OP.
I never said you have to make a statement. im saying OP isn't living on some beautiful simple life. he is likely just simply lacking in some way. as if he would genuinely turn down a beautiful mansion or some shit
its simple. and its ugly

Why don't you buy my furniture, goyim?

and literally nobody normal is perceiving a battered recliner in a dingy room to be beautiful.

>memories belong in the head
I want you to know, reading that sentence gave me an incredible urge to gouge out your eyeballs and eat them.

It implies you are alone in the worse way

No its not. Its only how you perceive people with high social status to be lol. To completely judge beauty by that is a sad way to live your existence. If anything you're the un-welladjusted one for not being able to understand that many people find clutter and vapid displays of social status to be ugly.

>isn't living on some beautiful simple life
He is objectively living one, especially without the phony hipster garbage.

Simple is beautiful.

I like their company and they have helped me through hard times.

As a woman:
>where's his books
>where's his desk
>where's his kitchen
>posters?
>anything?
It just lacks personality. The only thing I get from this is that this person rarely has people over (same) and that they play video games (can't relate).

Attached: D7A0E8FC-7021-4F17-8D81-21073A3A3A42.jpg (1136x640, 67K)

So the argument just goes down to aesthetics. Not everyone finds sunlight and open space attractive. Normal is a spook and what people find comfortable is subjective. Some eastern europoor would see nothing wrong with this and find it comfortable versus some industrial commieblock. Your perception of normal is based on who you are and where you live.

Trying to preserve a memory is trying to preserve a fake image of what you once were. Its disgusting honestly I wish people would just live their life without having to ruin moments so they can feel fake feelings later on while looking back at the image.

so in addition to a job car and apartment apparently i also need to have multiple pieces of $1000-2000 furniture why don't you just fly to dubai and rim an oil sheikh you fucking WHORE

Attached: 1504497284724.jpg (340x320, 14K)

There really is no pleasing these bitches.

>his apartment doesnt have flair so hes a loser
maybe he has a busy life outside of his apartment...spending too much time at home is bad
>he is too busy to spend time to with me!
don't you want him to be active though?
>I NEED TO BE HIS ONLY WORRY
nigger wat

fuck this bitches

Would you say you are normal and well adjusted? all you have done is argue in a way that is proving my point. I think a sadder way to live your existence is to live alone in a dark empty room playing vidya. Im not talking displays of social status, im talking displays of actually living a life. not shutting yourself away in some hovel.again that isnt someone living a minimalist life. it is someone probably living the only way they can. and dont think for a second they wouldnt move somewhere more aesthetically pleasing if they could

nice, there's plenty of room for piss bottles in there

Fuck men and their... *draws a card*... clean rooms!

>where's his books
Outdated medium. If he reads, it's on a Kindle. The only reason why you'd have a collection of books these days is to be a snob who wants to show it off but never read it.
>where's his desk
Outdated piece of furniture. He can do everything from his comfy recliner since these days any reading or writing you'd be doing is digital and doesn't take up any space.
>where's his kitchen
Clearly you can see a cabinet behind the counter. That's obviously where the kitchen starts.
>posters?
Why have useless shit on your walls? Maybe his lease says he can't put holes in the walls anyway.

Attached: DopCLRsU8AAEOEE-1024x796.jpg (1024x796, 182K)