Any balding brahs use TOPICAL finasteride?

Never fucked with the pill for risk of losing my gains. But I hadn't realized there was a topical version and the results look good. Has anyone tried it without it affecting your lifts/libido?

Attached: topical_fin.jpg (731x427, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/9rve9w/topical_finmin_thoughts/
santamonicaskin.com/topical-finasteride/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3481923/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>fin
yikes boyo

use peppermint oil

>two different doctor names
10/10 Trick

I switched to the topical 3 months ago, using .25 per ml thats equivalent to what I was taking orally. No difference in hair (which is what I was hoping for, just looking to maintain what i have) and my minor joint pain disappeared, increased labido, was fine before but through the roof now. As far as gains no difference still gaining at a good rate, as much as I can realistically expect i think. I have put on most of my muscle while i have been on some form of fin.

This is just keratin fibers, good cheat until norwood 4 desu

is your fin mixed with minox? I been reading about a combo called 82F. How long were you on oral fin?

You mean a typo? A one letter typo doesn't equate with a scam.

I have been using pepperment and spearmint oil for over a year. It has helped maintain but I want regrowth. Check out this recent study of topical fin, the results look legit and they're saying systemic sides are much lower. I'm seriously intrigued.
reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/9rve9w/topical_finmin_thoughts/

Attached: ct2sdne45ru11.jpg (960x699, 115K)

Reminder masturbation causes hairloss.

Just take biotin

has peppermint really helped you maintain? how do you know it's the peppermint and not just the fact that you might have slow progressing balding

Firstly, I had been slowly losing hair for about 4 years and kept track of how much I was shedding daily. I also noticed that I often had a tingly itch on the areas of my scalp losing hair, especially when I was stressed out or after busting a nut. I'm pretty sure that's an effect of DHT When I started using peppermint oil I quickly noticed a decrease in this itch. Then I started combining it with spearmint oil and noticed further reduction in scalp itch. Shortly after that I had a shed for about a month which had me worried, but it completely rebounded and now my hair is just as good if not a bit thicker than it was when I started over a year ago.

No but I apply rogaine separately, I dont think it would make a difference if I combined them, but I have a bunch of rogaine already purchased. I have been on Fin for about 4 years. I have experimented a lot with dosages I ended up taking .25 of a 1 ml pill every other day without being too strict about it. So sometimes i would take it only twice a week, my hair always maintained. I am applying the topical every other day as well.

Continued:
Also I get my topical Fin from a compound pharmacist, easily found online, even if you cant find one in your area they can ship to you. Requires a prescription, but they can make any dosage/mixture you want. Just tell your doctor what you want, they probably will know nothing about it, but will be willing.

Thanks for the info. I found a doctor who works with a compounding pharmacy. They do web consultations online and will prescribe and ship it without me having to go there. They're charging $75 for a monthly fin/minox combo solution. I'm seriously tempted to try this. I'll just watch really closely for any side effects.

Any brahs in here actually have any experience with the finasteride pill? I'm REALLY debating taking the leap and getting on it, but the side effects are fucking terrifying. Fuck, brahs, there's nothing worse than being a 23 year old with a worse head of hair than your 60 year old dad.

No problem, I am paying $50 for Fin alone, (also as I said at a lower dosage than most) so sounds like a fair price for the combo.

How do you even obtain topical fin? Does it have to be prescription like the pill?

Yes. Within 2 weeks my dick stopped working. I stopped. My balding sped up. I considered suicide, but just embraced it instead. I've had a good run.

Did your dick at least start working after you got off it?

Took it for a few months. Libido died, erections were weak and no morning wood. Stopped taking it and things have mostly returned to normal. I stopped feeling like a man and decided I’d rather grow my beard, buzz my head eventually, and remain strong in bed than have some extra hair

This is where I'm thinking of getting it. Supposedly you can do it all online without going there. The before/afters are compelling...
santamonicaskin.com/topical-finasteride/

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-16 Topical Finasteride - Best Dermatologist Los Angeles Dr Ben Behnam MD, FAAD.pn (564x331, 415K)

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-16 Topical Finasteride - Best Dermatologist Los Angeles Dr Ben Behnam MD, FAAD(1) (560x352, 591K)

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-16 Topical Finasteride - Best Dermatologist Los Angeles Dr Ben Behnam MD, FAAD(2) (560x362, 609K)

Don't do it bro.
I'm 25 and I noticed my hairline receding a couple years ago and my crown was thin.
What I did was this
>Quit smoking cigs
>started doing more cardio
>Nofap (HUGE)
>Zinc 50mg daily and saw palmetto extract daily
>Dermaroll entire scalp and hairline every 2-3 days after showers
>Started using a leave in conditioner that has castor oil, peppermint oil, and apple cider vinegar in it.
Reversed 2 years of thinning hair in about a month. Since then my hair returned back to normal and my hairline has completely restored.
Start off with a .25mm dermaroller and then when you get used to it switch to a .5mm
pic related is the leave in conditioner.
So basically
>remove unhealthy habits that cause hairloss like smoking and frequent fapping
>Start taking zinc and saw palmetto extract (biotin can be helpful too)
>only wash your hair every 2-3 days. Get a good shampoo. Don't use a conditioner
>After rinsing out shampoo hop out of the shower and dermaroll your entire scalp
>After dermarolling your entire scalp it'll be red, hair should still be wet. Apply the leave in conditioner
>Leave in the conditioner until the next time you shower and repeat the process.

Attached: castor.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Fuck, that's discouraging. This shit has unironically had a huge impact on my psyche and mental health. My hairline isn't even that bad. Just a NW2 that doesn't even look like it's receded when I wear it down, but the entire top of my head is diffuse thinning like a motherfucker, to the point where I can see all the way through my scalp if I wear it up. And the worst thing is that I have a shitload of male relatives. Easily over 20 of them, and only one of them is bald. Well, I guess I'm next. I wanna kill myself.

Hey same boat. Norwood 2ish and when I push my hair up under light I can see my scalp pretty easily. Try not to get too down. You only see the best looking guys on the internet but tons of guys are balding, don’t sweat it too much. Ya Stacy won’t be as into you but any girl worth anything will judge you for other things that actually matter. You’ll be okay and you never know if you’ll go fully bald.

>You’ll be okay and you never know if you’ll go fully bald.
Yeah, this is probably the only thing keeping me sane. I first noticed that I could see through my scalp 3 years ago, but I never paid any attention to it before then so it could have started earlier. I've also been monitoring my hairline for the past 6 months and it hasn't gotten any worse. It seems like it's going slowly, but still, my hair is a huge part of my looks and identity, and if I lose it I can pretty much kiss my love life goodbye.

Bald me do fine. It’s hard to see yourself changing uncontrollably and becoming someone you’re not used to seeing, but losing your hair is just something men have to deal with. It’s hard to not stress too much but really you will be okay.

Bald men do fine*

Yeah, you're probably right. Thanks, brah. I appreciate the encouragement.

>>Nofap (HUGE)
Aaaand stopped reading there

>Aaaand stopped reading there
Aaaand stopped reading there

>how dare this user suggest the act of rubbing my own penis until I make cummies is unhealthy! that's the best part of my day! maybe my life!

There is a strong link between ejaculation and dht release. You don't want to have more dht than you need to. If you're losing your hair, you're better off only nutting when you're actually having sex with a woman. Save your bullets for when it counts.

What do you bros think about minoxidil? Was considering adding that to my current routine of dermaroll + peppermint oil / castor oil / rosemary. My balding isnt aggressive so I'm hoping to slow it down or maintain what I have until breezula comes out. What you bros think huh

Started taking 2 months ago, nipples hurt for like a week but subsided, libido still as high as ever morning wood etc, only side effect I notice now is watery semen. Would recommend strongly has srs improved my quality of life cause I no longer worry about hair

on for several years now, no sides, dick works, hair is still on my head.

do it, stop if you get sides that you can't tolerate. less than 2% of all people get them, most are psycho somatic (people taking placebo still got side effects like non functioning dick), and they're all reversible. don't listen to anyone who's never been on for at least 6 months to a year.

any recommendations for rollers?

I don’t like arguing in the face of multiple studies but 2% just doesn’t seem right. It’s a widespread belief that it causes weak erections and I don’t think that would have happened if only 2% of men experienced any side effects. My hunch is that it’s undereported because “weak erections” is a pretty subtle change. Also I don’t know how you can say don’t listen to anyone who hasn’t taken it for 6 months because if an optional pill makes you dick stop working you should probably stop immediately.

yes I have. I´m very sensitive to fin. It does go sytemic unfortunately. It works, but in the same manner normal fin does. It´s a marketing scheme to push the same product with a different formulation.

what conditioner broski

I use dut the more potent anti-DHT
>6 weeks for hair to stop falling out
>6 months body hair falls out or becomes light, beard grows superslow
>1 year for head hair regrowth
>no sexual sides
>no watery semen

horseshit. I did all of that and more. Only dht blockers work.

yes because chemical castration seems like a good long term idea.

it's that or be bald and never have non prositute sex again

>imagine being this insecure

If you don't shower are you insecure about stinking?

Shit comparison. Ya balding makes me look worse but a ton of men lose hair as they get older so it doesn’t matter. Telling people they won’t get laid if they don’t hop on some big pharma pill that can permanently fuck up their dick is really bad advice.

if you do shower

Balding is a death sentence for most men. Telling them not to take treatment and instead let themselves because hideous to fulfill some misguided notion of being le I dont care what I look like tough guy is bad advice.

Looks are everything, don't let them go.

Personally, I would never risk the sides of fin - topical or in pill form. I understand that the chances of it affecting me are low, but the sides scare the shit out of me. I'm currently seeing good regrowth with just dermarolling and PEO (although I'm not sure how much difference the latter has made). If it all goes to shit, I'll just opt for a hair system.

Attached: 1524565388398.jpg (960x960, 131K)

For poorfaga out there.

Attached: 20190401_185019.png (717x1217, 334K)

Does the pill actually affect gains? I'm celibate, so I don't care about losing libido, but I do care about losing gains. Any info on this?

If you go on the snake diet, drink lots of snake juice and hit autophagy you can safely use finasteride pills.

I was in your position, debated for ages if i should try it or not. Decided to try it when i was 25, i feel like it helped for my hair but after about a month my sperm became like water and never had any morning wood anymore. Now I also had some trouble maintaining an erection during during sex while taking it, this could've been psychological but I am pretty sure watery semen and loss of morning wood aren't. I quit taking it and I am just on Rogaine now. I know people say it's only 2% of the people getting the sides, but I am pretty sure that's bullshit. I feel like almost everyone gets sides but it just depends if you find them bearable. The sides went away after about a week. What it did do is ease my mind, i tried finasteride, it's not for me, i don't have to think about it anymore. I feel like if you want to try it, do it, but make up your mind. Don't linger in the maybe i should, maybe i shouldn't, that shit fucks with your head. I feel like the chance that you get permanent sides is very small.

When they checked blood dht levels of oral fin users dht was decreased by 75%. When they checked the blood dht of topical fin users it was only down 25%. I would roll the dice and try the topical.

Bros, not to humblebrag or anything but I'm 26 with a head full of thick hair and no sign of receding/shedding.
That said I'm terrified of one day balding, is there something I can/should do already from now to ensure I keep my shit for as long as possible?

I have been taking it for 2 years. I'm constantly horny. I can jerk off and 10 minutes later I want to jerk off again. I can jerk off like 10 times a day. I still have morning woods

I started balding at 25. I completely reversed it with 1 simple trick.
>antibacterial hair wash
Turns out I had a rare form of bacterial infection in my hair follicles.

Attached: arachnophobia.jpg (640x392, 25K)

Only DHT, your testosterone levels would remain unchanged and actually rise by about 10% since test isnt being converted to dht.

Huh? You get a test boost by taking fin? Been taking it 2 weeks. Is this true or bait?

i posted about this on a thread a few days ago. i was one of the unlucky "2%". I took 9 pills and got immediate sides, but the worst one was a numb dick. that was 5 years ago next month. no improvement since stopping the drug. i know that they say it's a tiny chance, but somehow i was susceptible, and i heard about fin on this website. i figured it was worth a try and that the chance of getting sides was so remote - that maybe the only ones getting sides was older dudes who were gonna get ED anyways. But i was a young healthy dude with a perfectly working dick. so take this as a warning, the sides ARE real, and 2% isn't that low when you think about it. many people get worse effects that completely destroy their sex lives etc. I wish i'd never even heard of this shit, i wish i'd never found this website that gave me the idea.

I 100% trust a doctor who can't type him own name to control the hormones in my body

Attached: anecdote.jpg (1106x962, 333K)

Rubbing loads of shit in your scalp instead of just taking a dht blocker. Less than 1% get side effects in clinical trials and even those some may have happened anyway - it doesnt detail their lifestyle or diet. Even some people who notice a side effect can reduce the doseage and still benefit from it.

Attached: Screenshot_20190415-142029_Relay-01.jpg (1076x666, 94K)

So beyond 1mg doesn't do much more.. Dutasteride is basically 5mg fin correct?

So I just started to notice that I can visibly see my scalp in the front mid area of my head. I can't tell if this is due to natural genetics or stress or something else. Anyone know? This just started happening recently and nowhere else am I balding

No.
Finasteride blocks 70% of DHT, whereas dutasteride blocks 90+%. A 1992 study of finasteride resulted in no reports of negative sexual side effects in the 895 men that used the treatment for 12 months, even at a (pointless) 5mg daily dose. Dutasteride appears to be much more effective at preventing hair loss but Finasteride has been around such a long time so theres a huge amount of data to prove its effectiveness and theres plenty of people showing that it can keep hair on your head for 20+ years. Its also available as a cheap generic.

Yeah i'm sure the doctor doesn't use any staff members to handle parts of his day to day business. He certainly took. labeled and posted the photos all himself manually.

Don't even think about it, dude. I wish I could go back to the days where my hair wasn't even something I thought about. Ever since I noticed I'm losing it about a year and a half ago, I haven't gone a single day without obsessing over it. This is psychological torture, man.

>I also noticed that I often had a tingly itch on the areas of my scalp losing hair, especially when I was stressed out
Oh shit I have this too.

Nofap what kind ?
What foods did you start eating ?
What kind of cardio ?
How do you know how much zinc is healthy for you ?

Options are go on a dht inhibitor as soon as it starts thinning or receeding (fin/duta), minoxodil (doesnt block the dht tho and any hair you keep is reliant on applying that shit 2x a day, hair transplants, systems (wig). Then theres random crap like nizoral shampoo, biotin/zinc supplements which may help support any hair thats there but really its the antiandrogen thats needed to stop balding. On the plus side finasteride helps reduce the risk of prostate cancer by about 25% of which 50% of the western population have indicators of by the age of 50.

Peppermint and castor oil are meant for the scalp, not for the hair.
I do mostly the same routine, but my hairline stays where it is. Hair keeps growing quite thick, but damn slow.

Less than 1% get sides but like half the people in this thread that took it got the exact same side effects, except that one guy who got permanent problems. I know I know studies are studies and it’s hard to argue in the face of them, but it just seems like way too many people get sides for it to only be 1-2%. It blocks a hormone that’s important for sexual development and sexual function, how could side effects not be common.

Suggest reading some of the studies instead of the vocal minority.

>The only causal relation between finasteride and sexual adverse effects is decreased ejaculatory volume because of predominant action of DHT on prostate.

Its a drug originally designed to trwat enlarged prostate...so yeah.

>The role of nocebo effect in the causation of ED due to finasteride has been investigated.[7] Nocebo effect refers to an adverse effect that results from the psychological awareness of the possibility of the side effects, but is not a direct result of the specific pharmacological action of the drug. In this study, the group informed about the sexual adverse effects of finasteride reported increased incidence of ED, when compared to the group without information.

Read something worthwhile

>The only causal relation between finasteride and sexual adverse effects is decreased ejaculatory volume because of predominant action of DHT on prostate.[5]
>The role of nocebo effect in the causation of ED due to finasteride has been investigated.[7] Nocebo effect refers to an adverse effect that results from the psychological awareness of the possibility of the side effects, but is not a direct result of the specific pharmacological action of the drug. In this study, the group informed about the sexual adverse effects of finasteride reported increased incidence of ED, when compared to the group without information.

Yes I've read the studies

>Thus, the evidence available about the safety of the drug can be considered as questionable, but cannot certainly be ignored. The matter needs further systematic investigation and documentation.

I'm aware of the nocebo effect, I still don't buy that all those guys who post on these threads who had the same side effects were all just nocebos or in that 2%. Also that's some Indian dermatology study.

A few people moaning on threads vs millions who take a pill every day, keep their hair and get on with their life.

Change in semen is inevitable...it shrinks the prostate so yes there will probably be some side effect in this regard. To some its a fair trade off, to others not. The studies proved that ED on fin is psychological so if you're insecure its probably not for you.

Exact same thing is happening with me
Fuck dht

What about masturbating without ejaculating? Is that the best of all worlds or it is as bad as ejaculating?

I've been on it for a year and a half. My hair grew back and my cum got watery. Easy trade in my mind.

I don't know. But I haven't tried it. Why tempt myself for no reason? Now, the only time I even let myself think about sex is when I'm with my girlfriend and I'm about to bone. I don't waste my dht on jerking off, and i doubt its good for the prostate to masturbate often without releasing.

What type of loss though? Mbp or sides as well?

Just chiming in to say I also got sides. I'm a completely healthy person drug and alcohol free great diet and exercise no medical history. I got breast tenderness, weakened erections, loss of libido, weak or no morning wood. The side effects went away very rapidly after stopping taking it. I think those studies had to have been gamed or misrepresented somehow. I mean finasteride is a drug trans people take. It certainly has potent sexual side effects.

Take it with Test-E you pussy. You need to be on Test anyways

How's just rogaine working for you bro

>#metoo
What dose, how long did you take it, how long did you stay on after sides, did you alter the dose, did you experience changes, had you researched potential side effects before taking the drug? Theres nothing useful in your comment.

I am also healthy, do not smoke, haven't had alcohol in 5 years, no medical conditions. I properly researched side effects before taking fin. Been taking fin for 3 years now, no sexual side effects at all. Only sides I got were fatigue and brain fog in the first month. Reduced dose to 0.5mg, didn't change much, then to 0.25, which helped. The fatigue came back after 2 years (might be due to other reasons than fin, did 3 blood test over a year, everything was fine) So I quit it for 2 months to see what would happen , and the little brain fog I had went away completely (also quit coffee at the same time so not sure which one had a bigger impact). I then started taking it again and now I've essentially no brain fog or fatigue.

What people often don't consider is that you can work with fin to find the good spot. You can lower dosages, do bloods, take other sups, change the time when you take it, which actually changes things somewhat, rotate between topical and oral. I take personal stats daily, of how I feel, rate my energy levels, focus, mental sharpness etc and while I can see that fin has had a minor effect on my energy levels in the mornings, I think I could even eliminate that by taking the pill at a different time. Think of fin as frauding, you are changing your hormones, so if people can take shit like tren and manage, I think you can manage fin.

should i add topical finasteride in addition to the pills i'm taking (they didn't stop my hairloss completely)? Or should i just go with minoxi?

The restoration is because of minoxidil not fin.

Been on fin for like 5 years. Never realised there was topical wtf. Is it better??

Just male pattern baldness, with some balding on my crown. I have permanent dandruff (dermatitis) and assumed the symptoms I observed was just part of it, turned out I had an underlying bacterial infection that was basically undetectable. Trichobacteriosis of the scalp.
Basically the follicles being affected made the hair very brittle, and it pulled out super easy, and when it started growing back it would get plucked out again when I brushed my hair or showered, which was often.
I finally realised I had this follicle infection thing when every now and then I would discover a stray hair 'sheathed' in what appeared to be dandruff, and eventually googled what the fuck was going on. My hair has grown back now and it's no longer brittle.

I tried every topical solution, don't bother, you will just get a few weak hairs coming back. You'll only fool yourself, and barely, everyone else will see a bald man clinging on too hard. Better to shave

You get a boost in total T but not free T so it probably doesn't make any difference.

I have it too. Im pretty sure excessive masturbation is what catalyzed my hairloss

>dermaroll every 2-3 days

bro this will do more harm than good. You need atleast a week for healing, preferably two weeks

pics or it didnt happen

also, 50 mg of zinc daily is way too much. you should be taking like 20mg at VERY most

You basically have two options here user
1. Get buff as fuck like some dudes and be bald and grow a beard and look like a complete badass. Take some MMA courses like krav maga and jiu jitsu for that added confidence and maybe some yoga for mobility.

2. Save up 15-30k and get a good hair transplant from a top surgeon in the USA, and pray you have a nice thick transplant and it comes in well enough that you can wear it without having to still look like your hairline is receding.
and of course you can rub oils and take pills and shit for the rest of your life in the hope that they'll work but they aren't scientifically proven so you're more than likely going to be wasting hundreds if not thousands of dollars on unproven products over the course of the years