Hot Showers

I think i might be addicted to hot showers, every single day getting into a steaming hot shower and scratching all the dead (and some living) skin off my body feels fucking amazing. I used to work in a factory so scratching off that layer of dust felt cathartic, but even now that im at a different job i still get the same satisfaction. However once im out of the shower:
>Dry skin
>Scabs everywhere
>Acne ridden
>Itchy all the time
>Dandruff 100x worse
>Hair might be thinning (im still unsure on this one)
Anyone have this problem before? How should I train myself to take cold showers?

Attached: widowspeakmanlet.jpg (640x480, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BYRoWi_SCDc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Get in when it's hot. Then slightly make it colder every few minutes.

BASED
>pic related so nofap soicucks aka cold shower homos

Attached: 1452053868664.png (1832x2366, 491K)

This is the cowardly way to have cold showers but also the way that I have them.

Attached: 1555115635752.jpg (600x600, 85K)

It's the only way for someome addicted to hot showers to take them. Eventually you can just start it out cool once you're used to them.

Your hot showers are what's causing your dry skin. Your burning the skin causing the top layer to die and sluff off. Pretty common. Sooner or later you're gonna get an infection probably psuedomonous with a ring shaped rash. Start using a moisturizer and cool down the water.

Yeah im aware, im mainly asking if anyone has advice/anedotes on how to do this, ive tried to quit multiple times but i always end up coming back.

if you're getting scabs from a hot shower then you're doing it wrong dumbass lmao

I scratch too much and end up bleeding, then the skin heals into scabs, i should have clarified

Yo bitchtit. You start in the summer time. You go to lake and swim there. Water is cold enough. When it's just u in the shower cage it's hard to trick your mind to not be scared. That's why open water is best to adapt to colder water. After day of swimming and mobbing at the lake go home and you'll find Cold shower is easier. Slowly transition this Into winter. If ur gym has sauna, do sauna then cold shower during winter

Sounds promising, ty

Fyi. If it was just hot pure water it wouldn't even be that bad although your still a bitch. But your most likely on town water line which is chlorinated to shit(even more so nowadays for insurance purposes). The acidity is literally killing away good and bad skin oils. On top of that the chlorine through breathing and ur skin cells is absorbed into you making your body essentially a sterilized bitchbody. Throw your steralized ass in the jungle and you'll die in like 4 days cuz you have pussy skin tissue.

Find a different way to deal with the "therapeutic" feeling it gives you. Meditation maybe, .... actual therapy, scratching you're skin to bleed over and over is a not exactly "insane" but it is consistent with a psych diagnosis. Are you bipolar or anything like that?

Not to my knowledge, I was a bit of a psycho kid but that's about it, nothing noteworthy within the last decade or so

can't make this shit up

>Anyone have this problem before? How should I train myself to take cold showers?
TRAIN YOU MIND, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=BYRoWi_SCDc

Attached: serveimage.jpg (960x960, 171K)

Last year was the worst, one or two times my shoulders were covered, ive been cutting down on scratching so its only minor scabs now but it used to be awful

After reading this, sounds like you should look more in to psych issues.
Lots of people cut or pull their hair out. Usually to regulate emotions they aren't capable of handling during adolescence. The fact that you said you were a psycho kid makes sense. Parents may have been drunks or neglectful, who knows... the why isn't important. Look in to therapy or antidepressants usually help most pickers and hair pullers.

Oh so that's why my ass and legs are so itchy and red in the shower

Seltzin Blue is really effective for dandruff. I started using it twice a week and it's pretty much gone.

literally just hop in when it's cold, you just can't be a pussy. It's like hopping into the lake during the summer. It sucks at first but you'll adapt after about 20 seconds and it won't feel like hell anymore.

yeah like the other user said this sounds more psych related than anything. Could be an OCD response developed after working in that factory.

You literally should not be doing this. Mentally healthy people do not do this.

it doesn't sound like your shower heat is the problem, it's probably the content of the water, probably pretty bad shit in it though.

Hot then cold. Heat opens the pores to be cleaned then cold closes them. Moisturize after

Is there a link between hot showers and thinner hair? I usually just rinse my hair with cold water, but when I shampoo and condition it, I'll use warm-hot water (it opens up the pores and cleans better.... right?). But on the days I wash it like that, it looks really thin and dry. Is that completely due to the shampoo or should I be washing it with cold water too?

>Turn shower on cold
>Don't be a baby
>Repeat