Jow Forums owned gym

Pic related
Any user here who opened up his own gym?
No matter how big or small or if it was with weights or just yoga classes.

Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5 Thread is already 404? get the Jow Forums-x plugin for auto-direct to a board archive

Attached: 1553420252336.png (400x600, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cbinsights.com/research/fitness-workout-pod/
youtube.com/watch?v=G2e60NmSfyQ
edition.cnn.com/2019/03/07/health/iyw-trainer-opens-a-gym-for-people-with-autism-trnd/index.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

or someone with a bigger follower crowd on instagram/facebook/real life.
Would be great advertisement.

drecks McFit, but yes. Let's keep it to "at a McFit somewhere in Austria".

push

It's ok, let it die.
Better to start this thread in about 4-5 hours again.
I now know that.

I run my university gym. The uni provides the room, I do everything related to daily business and maintenance. The organisation is in my name, so I technically own the equipment through the org.

Any questions?

nice!

Since it is a university gym you have a lot of people training.
Which equipment breaks usually the most / has to be replaced?

Do you have any machines or mostly free weights? Do people want all kinds of machines?

Is the job as nice as it sounds?

The cardio equipment breaks fucking constantly. I hate treadmills so bad. Someone once headbutted a rowing machine and broke the computer. It cost 500 dollars to repair.

Other than that, we keep stuff in good working order.

We have a mixture of machines and free weights. I value free weights, so we lean towards that. We have dumbbells up 'till 60kg for some reason, and really good barbells.

People want all kinds of stupid machines. We have a pulldown machine, but one bloke keeps insisting we get another to "hit the lats from a different angle". We also have 3 pull up bars.

It's pretty cosy. We're 100% student-run, so we get to be efficient and do fun stuff such as starting up viking martial arts.

>The cardio equipment breaks fucking constantly.
Ah yes, that's why everyone hates it of the owners I already talked to.
Too bad you need basic cardio equipment.

Yeah big on free weights and just a few important machines is my plan too.

Any bend bars or shower/toilet issues?

>Someone once headbutted a rowing machine and broke the computer

kek

Attached: 1554423967448.png (788x916, 813K)

>Any bend bars
Narh, we replace them often enough. Also our supplier Trithon.dk takes good care of us. If you're in Europe, they're worth checking out. They're big fans of Rogue and are super helpful.

As for toilet/shower issues: Way too often. Luckily I can hand most of it off to campus repair when I can't fix it myself. Most issues are just related to hair build-up in showers, people dropping the showerhead and breaking it, or the toilet needing to declogged.

He was the king of manlets and tripped on a plate. We had many hearty laughs.

Sorry for the long wait, I was hitting the gym in the last hours.

>Narh, we replace them often enough.
Is your equipment leased? or are you just buying new ones and replace the old ones.

>our supplier Trithon.dk
Thanks will check it out.
I am from austria but the more different suppliers I can check out the better.

Any more stories of stupid things that can happen?

bömp

We buy the equipment and often sell off old equipment. Usually we'll sell it to graduating gym members, but most stuff lasts many years.

I think they ship to Austria, most major companies do. If you just want some normal stuff for a good price strengthshop.de makes some good stuff.

Most stories are pretty uneventful and only funny to insiders. Like "Fat Fred" who's a tiny man with a beard who drops his tiny weights, or the "angry black guy" who screams to hype himself.
We have a lot of people fucking in the gym at night though because we are open 24/7, so each summer we wipe absolutely everything down with disinfectant.

We once had a curry-man come in barefoot trying to run on the treadmill. We told him to get some shoes. Two days later he comes in and runs in flip-flops. I tell him it's dangerous, he asks "is it against the rules?" and well, it's not, so now we got our local curry-nigger running on the treadmill in flip-flops.

We also got the ambiguous gay-duo who come in to train chest only. They never do anything else than chest/tris/bis and talk about partying and martial arts. One of them is pretty buff, the other seems to permabulk. They once insisted that a lift counts as a PR if you manage to unrack it. I was too tired to deal with it but just pointed out that no federation would accept it.

Selling the old stuff, good idea.

Having it open 24/7, I am not even sure if I can do that here in austria without having at least 1 staff there all the time.
It would be great to give people access to the gym without me being there but I am not sure if this is ok in case of an injury or even death.

Having to pay employees when being so small is no option and only let people train when I am there isn't that great too.

We keep it open by keycard access and cameras (thanks uni!). A lot of 24/7 gyms are popping up all over the world and it's super common these days.
As for contractual obligations, you can usually sign your way out of injuries / death.

I'm a chink but i grew up in the west, i want to go open a gym in china, how hard is it gonna be?

From what I have heard, China simply doesn't have the same gym culture. A gym membership is a product you're selling like any other, so test the market.

I can't speak of china since they have everything different than in europe.

But I saw one cool thing that china now has.
A real micro gym.
pic related and this: cbinsights.com/research/fitness-workout-pod/
They only have a threadmill + TV + AC in there which is enough for chinese people.

Putting a half rack + bar and some dumbbells in there would be some cool concept in europe.
2x2 meter holds everything you need for strenght training.
Is worth an Idea to be honest.

Attached: file.png (572x364, 408K)

I dunno man, aren't chinese people more conscious about working out in a booth like that?
How much money usually go into opening a gym?

What kind of gym do you want to open? I'd suggest you need at least 50.000 euros.

Alan Thrall had a recent video about this topic:
youtube.com/watch?v=G2e60NmSfyQ

>I dunno man, aren't chinese people more conscious about working out in a booth like that?
I am not exactly sure what you mean.
Care to re-phrase it?

>How much money usually go into opening a gym?
depends on the floorspace and equipment + in which quality.
Going for old people? Tons of machines and cardio costing 5-15k or more each.
want to attract powerlifter? lots of freeweight, racks and bars which are way cheaper + the gym will be most likely not that clean and tidy which safes money too.

That questions needs to be a little bit more specific.
But for the standard gym for the everage person, medium sized, I mostly saw numbers around 150-200k€

Probably make it a luxury gym like equinox

Singapore as the highest % of millionairs, wouldn't that be the perfect place for a personal trainer to make money?

aren't roids more or less sold over the counter there too? you could probably make a killing if you made a full meal/exercise/PED stack for millionaires

>so we get to be efficient and do fun stuff such as starting up viking martial arts.
Fuck you, you're doing Glíma at your gym?? That's freakin' based!

Attached: 1537655406676.jpg (624x588, 55K)

na I thinks that's illegal

>Glíma
looks funny, a mix of judo/wrestling?

Already exists
edition.cnn.com/2019/03/07/health/iyw-trainer-opens-a-gym-for-people-with-autism-trnd/index.html

Kek’d and checked

checked
making money off of retards, why not

Any chance the german hangar gym user is here?
Too bad I will hit the bed now, keep it alive friends.

You are correct. It's basically a simple form of wrestling, except you're not supposed to end up on the ground. You lose your footing or get slammed - you're done.

Not that many people who practice it anymore, which is sad.

nice

Attached: autist trainer.png (764x423, 852K)

are you opening your gym in vienna by any chance