Herniated Disc

Slipped a disc on Monday doing Pendlays
Anyone have any experience with this? I can barely walk right now it's fucking brutal

Attached: e3073875-001-0.jpg (629x658, 32K)

Exactly the same problem. Bump.

I found hanging (to decompress the spine) and the core exercises helped a little.

Should have lift with less weight and proper form. Serves you right boomer.

Look up cobra yoga pose.
Also athleanx has a good video on YouTube about exercises to help fix.
Blew out my L3 a couple of months ago and had to take a month off most lifting. My arms got fucking huge though.

Really helpful.

So much bullshit here

>Slipped a disc on Monday doing Pendlays
How do you know that? Did you get before and after xrays?

>Exactly the same problem. Bump.
>I found hanging (to decompress the spine)
There is no scientific evidence, there are no sources that proves that this actually works

>Blew out my L3 a couple of months ago and had to take a month off most lifting.
Did you go to a doctor and get it confirmed? Did you get before and after xray?

You guys experience backpain that is most likely related to fatigue and think it stems from actual structural damages that have taken place but 90% of it isn't. You are not doing your self any favors by wrongly diagnosing it and wrongly "treating it"

Read back mechanic by Dr Stuart McGill. Your form was trash and so are your stabilizing muscles

>There is no scientific evidence, there are no sources that proves that this actually works
He's talking about the pain you fucking autist

microdiscectomy.

Walk a lot, stretch your whole body every day, strengthen your lower back and abs, the whole core really. Focus on form first, weight later. I had the same issue but I,ve been learning oly lifting for about 8 months now, it has really helped with my back. My progress has been really slow but my back has never felt better. Godspeed user

autism

Happened to me 7 years ago. Worst pain i've ever had. Had to lie in bed for 4 days. I couldn't move.
I still have a lot of back pain but regular exercise like running and ab and back machines (i know i know) make it feel better. I don't fuck with deadlifting

Chiropractic is what you need. It's about correcting spinal problems.

Wait until it heals and never do the exercise again. I have the same problem with barbell rows. Cable rows give me a better contraction anyway and are far safer.

To OP and everyone else with herniated discs. Try to stretches and spine decompressions for 2 weeks everyday.
If nothing happens, just leave it the fuck alone for two more weeks. Your body might break it down for you or it might slip back into place. If THAT doesn’t help, go visit a doctor.

Help me out bros. I reached out too far and injured my lower back muscles, and its been almost 3 months but the problem is only like 80% better. I still get this nagging stiffness in my back and tightness in my glutes. What do?

the spine is a massive fucking meme
like honestly it's so fucking complex
fuck the spine I hate dealing with it clinically

Are you doing any heavy lifting or anything that could be reinjuring it? If not, the following advice is for you.

At this point you're most likely physically healed but still retain mental impressions of pain. Basically, what happens is you feel a minor twinge of pain, then you mentally freak out about it, and the pain gets subjectively worse. It's a feedback loop which can leave you in severe pain even though nothing is wrong with your spine.
The way out of it is to firstly find out if something's bothering you or stressing you out in your daily life, and to deal with that properly.
Second, you acknowledge to yourself that the pain is mental, and continue doing your daily activities. Even if you feel pain, you don't worry about it, you keep on doing what you're doing.

Relevant book - Healing Back Pain: The Mind-Body Connection

This. Never do BB rows of any kind. Throws your CG to the front side of your feet. Cable and one arm rows with both feet planted on the floor.

I did 7 years of neurosurgery residency and then WNET into the Army where they made me do primary care. I thought I knew a lot about back pain before I started Primary Care. I was really wrong. All I knew about was what kind of back pain responds to surgical treatment and that most people who do this surgery never learn this. No surgical treatment of back pain requires a hell of a lot of understanding of anatomy and healing. Most people who think they have a herniated disc don’t. Including quite a number of people who have had surgery. Early on I completely removed the wrong disc and the guy did great. I have seen a guy with no pain and sudden foot drop after lifting a safe who had a huge herniated disc. Over a couple decades you learn quite a bit.

Yes confirmed by a Dr, and no xray was needed. I showed all of the typical symptoms of a minor herniation, which causes pain that is well beyond the the description of minor. And scientific evidence or not, from experience decompression helps at least to temporarily relieve the pressure on the affected nerves this reducing the pain. If it didn't work for some people to some degree, it wouldn't be a common suggested relief method.