/SIG/ - Self Improvement General

Midweek Edition.

Welcome to Greatness.
Let's start the process, and let's thrive.

Ressources:
Overall Guide:
>newarcitea.neocities.org
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy self help resource
>dbtselfhelp.com

Books:
Meditations of Marcus Aurelius
>gutenberg.org/ebooks/2680
Mindfulness in Plain English
>misc.equanimity.info/downloads/mindfulness_in_plain_english.pdf
How to Win Friends and Influence People, Revised
>anonfile.com/j4K6XeT2m8/_Revised_Dale_Carnegie_-_How_to_win_friends_and_influence_people-Simon_and_Schuster_1981_pdf

Rather than rolling in this thread, you can find a random number generator just right there: > mathgoodies.com/calculators/random_no_custom

Old: >Last but not least
> What have you learned on your own self improvement journey?
> What sort of books have you been reading?
> Define what making it is to you?

You got this lads, you're gonna make it.

Attached: You can be anything SIG.jpg (1032x916, 272K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/chrismyers/2018/02/23/how-to-find-your-ikigai-and-transform-your-outlook-on-life-and-business/
youtube.com/watch?v=GFphNr0FK-0
mega.nz/#F!azxzlSIZ!G97XzFX1HEim9Y03OsjYVQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for love and respect yourself, and others, unconditionally, and you will find peace in your heart and a warm sun to fuel your ambitions every day, even if it's cloudy out.

Attached: sigopb.png (902x667, 585K)

Attached: 7-Days impulse control and self-discipline.png (1332x1949, 348K)

Any success stories from KHV’s? If so, what did you do to change?

Attached: A beginner's guide to the trivium.jpg (1351x1054, 503K)

So hungry...but the diet is really working. The numbers on the scale don't lie.

>10 more lbs to go

Attached: IUsedToBe.jpg (563x491, 68K)

>cant get a better job because i didn't finish school
>cant stay here and learn for four years if i start again
>mental health is degrading

anyone got good resources on goal setting for study/coursework?

I always find that I get a lot more work done when I set myself a handful of easily achievable goals rather than a big amount of hard tasks.
I feel happy once I've done my to-do list and usually go on to get more work done on top of it, whereas if I feel I won't complete my to-do list I start bitching at myself and easily get distracted.

Post motivating pictures or fuck yourself.

Literally only shit books.

Has anyone had good results with this?

I tried it and it helped a little. I came out of it with more concentration and focus. I think it really depends on how you are when you start. I was already doing okay before I did a dopamine fast, but if you're really fucked I'm sure you'll see more dramatic results.

Can someone please answer me ? I'm gonna try the dopamine fast during 7 days. Is it worth it ? Have you guys tried it ?

Attached: Guide to making it.png (1420x1302, 231K)

Attached: Guide to set tasks.jpg (1068x1258, 783K)

SeePlus:
An user once did a feedback after going all in. He said it was clearly improving lots of things BUT he was only able to do it for 4 full days. It's known to be very difficult as long as you are really 'addicted' and/or deregulated concerning your dopamine ratios.
Do it seriously, you'll never know if it really works for you if you don't try it.

Alright, I'm eager to try anyway. I'll see if it works or if I can handle it.

good luck user

Attached: How do I become happy.png (1942x3504, 636K)

Rate my morning routine. My shift starts at 1pm and I work till 11PM.

Attached: Screenshot_20190417-115641_Snapchat.jpg (1080x2220, 1.3M)

Anyone who /med/ next year ? How will you stay Jow Forums ?

I'm headed to my parents for ~2 weeks to make an attempt at this. I'll be keeping a journal; what type of information would you guys be interested in hearing about after my experience?

Question, what are you not planning your day (the 'dailygoals' thing) before going to bed? Like, planning for the day after, and not doing it in the morning once it has already begun.

oh sorry autocorrect, I meant why* are you not

For those aiming for a goal in their professional and/or personal life, I strongly recommend looking up at the Ikigai principle. Might help you a lot.

> forbes.com/sites/chrismyers/2018/02/23/how-to-find-your-ikigai-and-transform-your-outlook-on-life-and-business/

Attached: ikigai.png (960x960, 297K)

I journal at night as well. I do a 2 or 3 paragraph recap on the day, my thoughts, etc.

I always write my goals for the next day and my things I'm thankful for. I do them in the morning as I want to wake up and just reiterate that I'm grateful for this life, and to cement my goal for the day.

>forbes.com/sites/chrismyers/2018/02/23/how-to-find-your-ikigai-and-transform-your-outlook-on-life-and-business/
>Ikigai (pronounced “eye-ka-guy”)
>“eye-ka-guy”

No it's "ee-key-guy"

I finally paid off all my debt and have enough money to start school again. First positive step in a good while.

Attached: 1416857804899.jpg (1048x786, 1.07M)

Congrats

This hits hard, thanks user.

I always tried not to care about the whole right part, and that could explain why I'm not seeing myself longterm in my current carreer. I'll definitely take it into account into the next few years when I could be able to have other opportunities.

Good for you, my guy. Keep a bit of money aside and pick a day to buy studying equipment, like pens and notebooks and the like.

Find yourself a corner in the house that you know you could concentrate in and organize it the way you like so it'll be ready for when you start studying. Good luck man.

If you need ressources, find them wisely.

Attached: Master book Sites.png (592x1760, 86K)

>0 replies
its over for us breh

Attached: 082.gif (600x630, 173K)

So Jow Forums I am going hard on self improvement for a few years now and went from ugly fat loser to atleast decent looking, fit guy. I was always underachieving but now that I put in the work in areas that are actually benefitial (instead of vidya and other shit) it pays off and brought me a great degree and good job where I am moving up quite fast atleast the reviews I get are frankly amazing and I am on par to go far if I keep this up.

However the more I achieve the harder it seems to get, I want to not only succeed at what I do but crush it and the better I do the harder the stuff that gets thrown at me seems to get. So I have to spend 50h+ during the week on those things and then some on the weekend occasionally. I know I should handle this workload but combine that with a bunch of stress that gets put on me and I put on myself and sometimes I am an emotional mess. I dont show it because I have never been one to open up to people but at times my behavior when noone is watching is that of a bipolar person. Either I feel amazing after achieving great things or I want to kms thinking about all the hard work and shit I have to take care off. After work I go to the gym and go hard there and then in my free time I try to learn new skills or improve my habits/life some more.

How do I deal with the feeling of being overwhelmed by all the shit I am putting on my plate ? I mean I could go easier but every time I want to back off the other part of my being screams at me to keep going harder and that I am a little bitch for complaining. I really wanted to get back into the dating game and get a gf but I am often so stressed that I dont want to talk to people other than to argue so I just keep to myself which fucking kills any chance of a relationship anyways.

Attached: 1547383615341.jpg (1080x720, 299K)

>#1
What do you think is a better mindset for achieving goals? For example, you want to stop eating products that have added sugar in them. Is it better to treat it like a challenge by saying to myself "I'm going to go no sugar for 30 days" or is it better to not set a big goal like that and just take it day by day and every morning just decide "Today I'm not going to consume any sugary foods" and just reset it every morning?
>#2
Obviously most of you are healthier than an average person and you take care of your bodies. Knowing that you put in so much time and effort into your body, do you find that your standards when looking at women are going up as well? Would you settle for a 5-6/10?

>Old HS oneitis finally got a BF
>He looks exactly like me
>Attends same university as me
>but shorter than me and worse looking

It's an abstract sort of feel. I always though she'd get with a 6'4 giga chad. But seeing this gave me hope. It gives me motivation to go out and do my best. It's not hopeless. Maybe all along I did have a chance.

Attached: 1536692118738.png (657x777, 23K)

>#1
The first option (keeping track of your streak) has been shown to be better afaik. If you've kept your streak going for a while you're not going to want to break it, so you feel a stronger need to do the thing you want to do.

>#1
Personally for me the "30 day cold turkey no sugar" worked out great. I didnt have to make the concious decision every morning I was just obsessed with making the deadline no matter what because I was commited to it. For once in my life I needed to truly make a change and just do it instead of talking and planning all the fucking time. After those 30 days you can reevaluate your goals and maybe go a bit easier but your tastebuds will have adjusted and you will have a far easier time sticking to a clean diet

>#2
Somewhat I guess, I dont really mind that much if she isnt the most beautiful girl if she is nice and has redeeming qualities. As long as she isnt fat or seems to be willing to change I am up for it basically. But it heavily depends on the person if she has a pretty face I can forgive much of the rest honestly.

Are gaps in your resume as big of a deal as Jow Forums would have you believe? Any ideas for way to pad up my resume, like with online courses or skills worth acquiring? Got about a year left of studies before I look for a job. Thanks!

kinda similar feel

>have friends around me who arent good looking
>have had girls tell me I am handsome
>yet they have gf and I am forever alone
>constantly wondering what the hell is wrong with me

but at this point I have practically given up anyway, everytime life is looking up it punches me in teh fucking face again and pulls me back down. I roll with the punches nowadays and nothing can break me but I am never gonna be happy. At this point I just desperately NEED to be ridiculously successfull out of spite towards everybody that wronged me.

Attached: Download.jpg (220x229, 9K)

What do you do ? Also no it generally isnt that big of a deal if you can somewhat believable explain what you did and why you had that gap.

i did, but it's not magic. if you keep indulging in unproductive behavior, even if very little, you relapse very fast. i'm probably going to try this again

>#1
There is definitely a mindset. For whtever your goal is. It might depend on how you work, but there is no one and only system: go all in on 'starvation' or doing it step by step.
But, there definitely something you must never forget. Whatever your goal is, it comes with sacrifices. For the latests, you better pay the price now than in two, ten, twenty years when you'll be fucking your neck looking backward on all the regrets.
Also, just dowload 'self discipline in 10 days', might be helpful. Easily find in pdf.

>#2
At first, no. Then, you'll become more self interested and narcissic thanks to 'muh gainz', and you'll probably step up your own standards, without consciensiouly doing it. But you could easily seattle for a 5-6/10 if you want too, tho.

>> study
What field?

>>gaps
Not a big deal. Everything in your life can be valued in an interview, as long as you're able to explain it and bullshit the person you have in front of you on how it helped you develop those things or that skills. That's it.

>You were in a sport club in school?
Deal, you've learned about team spirit, willpower, and value of hard work.
>You did some championship?
Deal, you probably had a better level than most of people out their.
>You just lift weight, and no teamsport?
Deal, you love lifting because it's all about self discipline and improving thyself, such as the company you're applying to.
>You love music?
Deal, you're creative and open-minded.
>You're just an 'active music listener' and do not play any instrument?
Deal, you are curious and love discovering new thing.
>You did odd jobs has a dog-walker?
Deal, you are a caring, faithfull person, which means you'll be the soldier the company wants.

Do you see where I'm going? It works with e-ve-ry-fucking-thing. Gaps are nothing. You have to learn to handle them and value them, knowing everything is salable/bankable when its done properly.
So, go on and train. How? Ask friends, mom, dogs, whatever, to roleplay. Tape yourself, correct the not-so-good-things. Surf the web and have a prepared answer for all the '50 most common interview questions'.
That's fucking do-able. So, come on bro, do it.
I believe in you. Be respectfull, charming and you'll be blessed.

I found a way to recover from CPPS or hardflaccid after 4 years i really hoppe it works 100% the pain is less and i am less numb so that is making me happy yet i never stop trying to fix my self and i think it will finally pay off more lik i hope it wull pay off, in other news im also mentaly recovering from being dumped from the girl i loved just a few things still make me sad about the brakeup, so i am improving i may say although on the bad side lots of pressure from my university

>I was always underachieving but now that I put in the work in areas that are actually benefitial (instead of vidya and other shit) it pays off and brought me a great degree and good job where I am moving up quite fast atleast the reviews I get are frankly amazing and I am on par to go far if I keep this up.

Fucking amazing, it has to be heard for fucking sure.

> However the more I achieve the harder it seems to get
It is. It definitely is. It fucking is.
But, as is said better pay the price now. And also, some thread ago, another user said something as 'suffering is part of the journey'. It's the same idea, you better pay the price now. It's how you're being distinguish from the bog-standard rat-race people.

> How do I deal with the feeling of being overwhelmed by all the shit I am putting on my plate ?
You have fucking time. Don't go too fast on a limited speed road. You'll do it if you do it right 'a few year of the right moves is a lifetime of success'. But it definitely comes with sacrifices.

Do a list. Prioritize your shits. You wanna get a girlfriend. Gud. You wanna work on project X, Y and Z. Gud. What is the most important to you? Do that fucking list. Don't forget, when you do it, that it is malleable.
List at the moment might be
1-Project Z
2-Project X
3-Get girl
4-Project Y
because you wanna be financially stable or you feel like you're about to make it soon or whateverthefuckyouwant.
Next weeks/motnhs/years, once it has moved, once you've been further, you might reconsider your list and it could beacom
1-Get girl
2-Project Y
3-New project
4-Project X.

It's all on you. Just do that fucking list, and listen to yourself, consider all the parameters/priorities.

Oh, last advice, take a look at garyvee shit. You might hate the guy, no problem, just listen to all the advices, especially considering time/priorities/dealing with all the struggles. Do it, you'll thank me later.

Can't help you if you don't give us anything to work with.
Tell us where you are starting from.

Have you ever had any interactions with grils?
Have you ever talked to grils?
Have you opportunities to meet people (mens&grils&otherthings, all included)?
What are you leisures? Anything involving others?

And massive questions that tells a lot according to me:
What are grils (or mens if gay or other if other) to you? How do you consider them? What image do you have from grils, the Jow Forums one?

shoo shoo culture and self improvment gobblin

Good luck bro. You'll make it.

See to start, plus try the pomodoro method in order to get your work done.

Give us feedbacks, good luck.

>Anyone who /med/ next year ?
Nope. Guessing you're french. You're going to struggle a lot, but you'll NEED to relax. Just go to the gym every now&then, and do bodyweight during your anatomy courses. 'Bon chance'.

Among other questions: does it work to you, have you been able to do it properly, what were you doing while cutting all the thing you want not to be addicted anymore, do you see any improvements, in which field (focusing/sleep/work...), would you recommend it, how hard has it been, how would you improve it.
Thanks in advance.

Noice move bru. Keep going.

Hope it helps you then to be motivated again. Finding one's way might be a lifelong quest, better have the right tools to do it sooner if possible.

Go step by step. Improve little by little. It's cool hearing about the CPP and breakup thing. The university thing is another step. You'll do it bruh, good luck.

Attached: Meaningless life.jpg (600x3031, 167K)

Attached: Motivation Table.jpg (2560x1440, 552K)

Attached: Meaningless life - Whenever I like.jpg (765x994, 188K)

I'm feeling weird, like.. i'm in love with a stranger desu, I talked to her like 3 times and I don't even know her name but, I don't know, I liked her and I don't know how to approach her. I would be ok even if she just wanted to be my fren>:(
I'm so lonely it sucks
What should I do? Help me
>inb4 you shouldn't be seeking help in a Taiwanese basket weaving forum

I was about to shit on you for what you posted but desu I'm in the same boat

Thank you bro and you continue being a wonderful person

>tfw moobs won't go away

Finally summoned up the courage to ask a girl I was in love with on a date.

She said no, and I have mixed feelings now

On one hand I feel proud of myself for asking her out, but on the other hand I feel horrible that she said no because she was a nice girl and I’d like to get to know her more and of course the blow to my self-esteem.

Where do I go from here lads?

Attached: B9F4B5C0-6436-44B7-B18B-027FC85EA04F.jpg (960x960, 108K)

Sup Jow Forums first time posting in one of these threads. Currently going through mild depression and anxiety and I've started seeing a therapist once a week. Here's my situation
>be me
>be 24 yo basement dwelling kissless virgin
>been going to the same community college for 6 years now
>dad own a business I've been working in since mid teens
>dad worries about me a lot, always reminding my about how he's old and that someday he'll die and won't be able to support me
>feel like my life hasn't changed since I graduated high school and that I'm being left behind
>see how my friends have already transferred or are transferring next semester without me and how they're in fulfilling relationships
>the only thing that's changed was the fact that I've traveled once and just bought a used car
>whenever I find a girl that's interested in me, I still have the beta tendency to put her first while she puts me last
>stated getting Jow Forums a year ago
>occasionally meet a low tier thot willing to smash but never go through with it
>this semester, I had to drop the majority of my classes because I was failing
>got rejected by this qt I met in class, who offered to be friends
>head from someone from class that she thinks I'm creepy
>start thinking about if every girl I've tried to get at thinks I'm creepy
>a few weeks ago, try and hire a prostitute but decided not to go through with it
>it was the straw that broke the camel's back
>my school offers free therapy and I decided to focus the rest of my attention on the class I didn't drop
>the gym and my religion have been helping me cope with my situation

What do I do now? Am I gonna make it?

Attached: 1525292496914.jpg (800x792, 74K)

#
You use the energy you spent trying to get that girl to get another one.
Now that you know she doesnt like you, just keep trying until you find someone that does like you.

How do I find more girls? Just to clarify, I’m very young. I’m 18 & a senior in high school, so I feel like this shouldn’t be a problem at all but I go to an extremely tiny high school so it’s hard to meet people, new people at least.

Why are you failing your classes? That seems to be your main problem and you should focus on that instead of women, I know it’s easier said than done though. Maybe that’s something your therapist can help you with?

I really felt this today at school. Normally I just walk around campus however today I rode a skateboard to my class and just soaked up the sun. It was way different, I was trying something new, I was having fun, and most importantly I was doing the same thing (going to and from a place) but I just found the will within myself to enjoy it.

>stopped seeing jew and boomer (the old actually hated jews, surprisingly) therapists
>nofap for a week (going very smoothly)
>drink only water and coffee
>been walking my dog more
>working at an auto shop but am very weak and slow
what should I do next brehs? I feel very empty and am still a big loser.

Attached: 1400996198739.jpg (572x626, 67K)

Lift heavy weights

Growing up I was never a good student, I never developed a good work ethic but believe it or not, godemperor Trump inspired me to do better. I was doing better for 2 years but this semester, I usually never take the level of difficulty of the professor under consideration. My counselor suggested I use ratemyprofessot.com next time. I gave it my all this semester, even going as far as finding tutors but it still wasn't enough. I'm trying to stay positive and remind myself that I only have one more academic year left before finally transferring

I've been journaling for the past month now, each day 3 pages no matter what I write what I feel and what I know first thing in the morning. A few hiccups like missing 3 days at most because of emergencies.
Evaluating my situation now from before beginning my journals, I have to say from my experience its been very helpful. I tend to think a lot and not do shit at all which basically was just me day dreaming things would get better. Having to write down my thoughts and feelings no matter how cringe it is allowed me to do the "thinking" then and there on the paper. Once I laid down my complicated feelings down on paper, I was able to "do". I wasn't stuck in the "thinking" anymore. Funnily enough, once I began to "do", I began to "think" about my next step forward and the cycle started going ahead. I whole heartedly recommend it for anyone who's curious.
Pic related, wrote through the entire notebook with that pencil.

Attached: IMG_20190418_084103.jpg (2340x4160, 2.5M)

Omg more thing I'd like to add is I'm more "clear" with my feelings rather than being in constant conflict as to whether I'm actually genuinely feeling in a certain way or not.

Nice work. Seems like it’s been really helpful for you.

Lately I’ve been using this online program to journal my thoughts and such, I believe it’s called the self authoring suite or something like that? But I was thinking about showing everything I’ve written to my psychiatrist, but I’m a bit hesitant because there’s a lot of things I think are cringe or just stupid. I guess I just don’t want to make a fool out of myself.

How do I earn respect, stop being a pussy and a pushover?

Attached: story-1551833507276.jpg (1920x1080, 189K)

I think you should show it to your psychiatrist. Speaking from my experience of writing down, you have to move past that cringe and stupid shit. Its a part of you, and you won't exactly grow out of it unless you hide in some guilt because of how it is. Unless you admit your cringiness you won't be able to get yourself to move forward emotionally. Trust me, making a fool and cringing at yourself is a lot better than having to be paranoid about whether you'll be taken as shmuck. The more you own up to it, the more confident you'll be in yourself and you'll probably even stop doing that cringey shit.

>How do I earn respect, stop being a pussy and a pushover?

youtube.com/watch?v=GFphNr0FK-0

This guys a joker, I have only gotten a couple of good points from him in the past. I am usually stoic, and try to practice stoicism

>Today I'm not going to consume any sugary foods" and just reset it every morning?
This is how AA/addicts work.

>you don’t have to be clean forever, but you have to get through today

I’m trying to take weight loss seriously. I was last in the proper BMI and in shape in the 8th grade.
I’m trying to get into swimming, but I’m so shit that I can only manAge a lap at a time. Is cycling good to prime my system for being able to swim more at a time? I live near a pretty good inter-city bike path so with a bike I can actually travel to all my necessary stops just at s time cost (I work on campus)

>seeing this gave me hope
Until you realise that the thing she didnt like was your personality. That one cuts deepest.

Just keep trying. Try as much as you can in different ways: Tinder, Bumble, Cold Approaches, etc.

t. First gf at 23

Did anyone here try enlisting in the military?

Did it help you guys get a sense of purpose?

Where do you cold approach women once you're out of college?

I'm heavily considering it. The two things that worry me are that I'm nearing the age limit, and that if it doesn't work out there's absolutely nothing else I could look forward to.

So I’m diving back into cocoon mode again since it’s the summer break. Last year I was on my own so I was able to make great progress.

This year however, I live and work with my brother, who is a bit retarded. He’s a Jow Forums fag, but he has fallen some of the bait here. Beyond that, I have trouble staying motivated/have trouble saying no to him. What should I do? What can I do to ensure a successful 4 months self improvement?

Attached: FFB3F1B2-280D-4C4A-B627-D7F7F8AAEE0F.jpg (600x414, 102K)

You are going to make it, user.

1. Stop caring about what wiminz think of you. They're the creepy ones.
2. Stop meditating on your failures, and look forward.
3. Failing in class is not acceptable. Why are you failing? Lazy? Dumb? I doubt either, and suspect procrastinating/spending time on internet boards and brooding.
4. Prostitution is 100% degenerate, and not a solution to any problem.

Concise and direction, aimed at worthy goals, every day, is the only way to build. The past does not matter.

Good luck, user. Make your dad proud.

Attached: std-1.jpg (400x498, 58K)

It's easy to tell others to disregard women when you're not in the same position. If you were well into your 20s and still haven't gotten laid, or worse yet experienced any affection from women, then you'd sing a different tune.

However true that may be, it does not change the nature of the task that the user needs to tackle, namely to decouple his sense of self-worth from the estimations of women he's chasing. This remains paramount regardless of the psychological challenges that may be invovled in it.

Dropped Akido for BJJ and already regretting it. Its something about Akido the whole aspect that I liked. Just wish it was modernizing faster.

Also started cooking more and studying.

Just wish things were moving faster

Have you tried kendo or iaido? Kind of tempted to give one of them a go.

>kendo or iaido

I fence Foil along with BJJ. Never tried but weapon combat is just a great thing to learn. Flip a coin and go with it

Just say you read about [some diet or whatever] on Jow Forums/some site that is supposed to be good and want to try it out

Argument from authority works wonders with idiots

How's your night going /sig/? What is the the most important thing you believe you're working towards, and what have you been doing to achieve that?

Sorry for wall of text ahead of time. Been doing weight/fat loss and been calorie and food tracking kinda loosely for about 2 months and am down a little over 20 lbs from where I started (240) for context. I'm really dissapointed from the lack of my habit building during that whole time and now that it is actually getting really fucking difficult I am now not at all prepared. Had a physical lifestyle shift from quitting labor job and now my free exercise all day is gone. Because of circumstances currently a gym membership and transportation is not in the budget quite yet. So I've been waking daily to a park near me and playing Basketball for the past 2 days to try and get into the routine of shedding the fat and plan on starting to do basic strength building exercises from home until I can actually go to a gym. In terms of fitness, I just wanted to ask some of you guys since you've been there done that. My plan is pretty much 100x easier said then done in my opinion. Any advice or anything you think might be helpful towards my goal would be very much appreciated. That goal being to improve overall health, and appearance (mostly) lol not done being an insecure whiny bitch yet but I'll get there.

>wake up at 8:30
when you go to bed?

>9:00 walk to gym
>45minutes later already finished and walk home
how long you work out? 30 minutes?

>11:00 get dressed for work
>leisure time 1 hour after got ready for work
que? when you start work and why do you do dress work when go to work later? you wear suits or casual clothes?

After all I'm really curious what your work time is and what you do in the time after work and before bed

I'm retarded, just read your shifts...
All in all ok routine.

Mega user here:

I promised to push out the next update mid of april.
I currently have a shitload of things to do and can't update the archive properly in the next 2-3 weeks.
I am still working on it!

Attached: fear_of_death_prevent_living.png (496x77, 5K)

at 6' 260lbs after a major mental shutdown I finally decided to hit the gym again and count calories

I lost my first 2 pounds after a week of starting and being my goal loss per week. Even though its not much it fucking felt so good even something so little has spurred me and given me hope.

Attached: 1496759650099.jpg (196x250, 7K)

>met girl at a pub last weekend
>thought she was into me
>ghosted
At least i hit a bench pr. Time to evaluate the damage to my mental health. Would have preferred if she shut me down then and there. I can't trust my gut or women anymore

Attached: 1555532509541.jpg (303x331, 35K)

Attached: Monk's Isometrics.jpg (1700x2338, 982K)

>What have you learned on your own self improvement journey?
Listen to the biggest dude in the gym if he's giving you advice.

Hard luck mate, I am sorry. Just keep in mind every sexually successful dude eats the rejection bullet. I have been rejected many times, and not to sound braggy, but I am an objectively pretty attractive dude.

You should feel proud that you put this matter to rest by being bold, stating your intentions, and never having to worry about passing up a missed opportunity. Buy yourself something nice as a reward, you deserve it.

Btw, how did you ask? I have found in this day and age that girls react poorly to the actual word "date" because it carries too much pressure. I just ask them to do something fun with me with the clear indication that we will be alone. That makes them much more relaxed and receptive. Those can still flop, but at this point I can read people well enough to know if a girl didnt enjoy the date or if she just wants me to kiss her, so verbal rejection rarely has to happen now.

seems weird that you're putting it on your snapchat story lad, you shouldn't be motivated by others opinions of you

Honestly just pursue your hobbies. If you like archery, for example, go to your local archery range and participate in fun group activities that happen there. If you don't have any hobbies that take you into public like that, think about starting one that interests you.

Protip: if you are American, equestrian sports are 99% female. I grew up riding and I appreciate this sport so fucking much now. It is expensive though. I hear rockclimbing can be very social, too.

Don't sweat it too much. In a year I assume you will be in university or community college, where the tail flows like water. Participate in social stuff in college, and you will be swimming in it soon enough.

Good job dude. Just never stop now. When you find your motivation fading come back to this place and remind yourself why you are doing this.
We're all gonna make it brothas

Got dump a few weeks ago by my magnificient gf I had for years.
I am deeply sad.
Missing her so much.
Don't know what to do.
Wanna die sometimes.

I bet you are skinny fat
Also what the fuck do you work for in 10 seconds?