What do you think about trap bars? Greg Nuckols says it's better than conventional deadlift if you don't compete

What do you think about trap bars? Greg Nuckols says it's better than conventional deadlift if you don't compete.

Attached: IMG_20190417_144844.jpg (1080x761, 61K)

He is right.

Great for the traps

Got trapped in a trap bar once....
*Spppphhhhhh*
*sips*

I'm considering getting one, they look comfy

They're pretty nice, you can definitely deadlift significantly more without really thinking about it and it's harder to round your back since you're grabbing the bar at your sides rather than the front.

Rickshaw is where its at. No fucking around with a rolling trap bar. Can do farmers walks with it. Easy to load too.

Attached: download.jpg (480x480, 12K)

Theyre fine but dont compare them to regular deads. Essentially just concentric only half squats.

Attached: image0-94.jpg (480x600, 274K)

My ass is really hairy and I feel bad about it

Got back issues, trap bar deadlifts saved me

People claim that they're more of a quad exercise but after loading up a trap bar for a heavy maximum reps, my spinal erectors are dead the next day. Much more than after a deadlift. This is possibly because I can overload it more due to not as much emphasis on technique.
My 3rm on a trap bar is 227kg/500lbs. My 1rm conventional deadlift is 220kg/500lbs.

I like the hand positioning a lot more idk what is more effective but these feel more natural.

I have a shit shoulder and this is way easier on me. However I find it does way more glutes, and activates a little less upper back. Can always just change how your moving a bit and where your focusing on. Absolutely unbeatable for traps.

what kind of knuckledragger are you that you can’t walk in a trap bar?

They help alot

Feel great for me, less pain in my back. they dont carry over to conventional for me, 485lb trap bar and 340 conventional

My back pain stopped and I can lift significaly more.
If your not an athlete, injury free for results is the best.

If your an athlete however, stick to perfecting form on regular bar

Never said that faggot. Learn to read.

So it's a more expensive trap bar that has no additional benefits. Got it.

>Titan Rickshaw $180
>Titan Trap bar $220

Try again. Unless you're a soiboi who buys cheap gear from walmart, Stuff like titan is as cheap as your should ever invest into.

Cheaper than most decent quality trap bars. Extra benefits already stated.

Attached: 664.jpg (558x614, 18K)

Trap bars are not gay.

How expressive of you to post this pic, I wouldn't have been able to tell why you prefer this piece of crap over a standard hex bar otherwise.

Brainlet here, wouldn't that be off balance when you lift? Also how much does that typically weigh?

Anyways OP hexbar deadlifts are fun, safer and you can typically go heavier as others have said. Problem is you usually run out of room later on.