Ever been to a Jow Forums meetup?

Ever been to a Jow Forums meetup?

Attached: H0LX7BP_d.jpg (640x507, 40K)

>People who base their identities around Jow Forums are boring
Who woulda thunk it?

Id be too concerned about them being normies.

sounds utterly awful.
Why would anyone want to go to a 4ch meetup?

Reddit meetups are arguably less autistic and livelier than this crap.

They haven't *really* happened since the cancerfag era, aside from inherently social boards such /cgl/ and Jow Forums shooting range meetups.

Attached: 2018 Timeline.png (1352x693, 229K)

>Jow Forums shooting range meetups

Possibly the most autistic things ever created.

sounds like a good way to end up duct taped in the back of a van

Sounds like an invitation for bad news

>tfw tail end of 2013fag

I wish I would have came here sooner.

why would you lie like that?

Do you think I'm lying because I said I wish I came or that I'm a 2013fag?

>impression of Jow Forums from fox news in the 00s

How do you newfags still believe in this false outdated image of Jow Forums?

Why the hell would someone lie about coming to Jow Forums in the death era of Jow Forums?

Tfw oldfag 24 year old

No, but I've been to a reddit meetup. The sub was r/dating or r/okcupid or something like that, it's been a few years so I'm not sure. The main thing I remember is that a few of the women formed this inner clique and men were on the periphery to various degrees, trying desperately to get their attention. A handful of people brought friends from real life, and were able to have an OK time, but it was an uncomfortable experience for everyone else. I was actually openly talking about how much the meetup sucked and how weird everyone was being while I was there, and I left in a somewhat dramatic fashion, saying something like 'fuck this shit' and storming out.

No, I haven't. There's this discord server I'm a part of that's meeting up in the summer. If it even happens it could end up a shitshow. Everyone's known each other for a while though. There's a remote possibility we might actually move in together and start a band. Which would be epic since none of us have irl friends and I really need a change of pace in my life right now.

Attached: 1542156567792.jpg (598x599, 68K)

Lmao in true robot fashion, thank you user

so no one can call them electionfag

I've been to quite a few actually. Some with friends from /vg/ at Blizzcon and DoTA's international, but most recently /cgl/. Every meet has gone really well and everyone is pretty nice. The kind of people from Jow Forums who are socially and financially capable of meeting up in person are usually pretty cool dudes.

Pic is people from /cgl/ a few months ago.

Attached: 4chan hackers.jpg (1600x1200, 628K)

i guess but they're still part of the shit that got it rolling like gamergate and the fappening.

Electionfags are over though, Jow Forums is super mainstream now.

Jow Forums has fucked this site over worse than /b/ has

Not per se, but in 2009 there was an AusChat room on TinyChat that was a /b/ chat room for Australians. I was living in Sydney at the time and met a stoner and a cumdumpster at the local pub once. It was a fun evening.

>Jow Forums is super mainstream now

Fuck off. If you arrived after Chanology in 2008 then you're a newfag who came after the site became "mainstream"

Attached: 1512558530058.jpg (265x299, 36K)

>2013 is so old now that people actually think I'm lying so as not to be confused with a MAGApede

Damn. I actually got here well before the fappening and gamergate. I have trouble remembering exactly when but I know I was here before the PS4 launched because I was a massive consolewarfag in the buildup to release and that I bought it on launch.

Jow Forums speed up the process, but it was inevitable with the rise of easy access, low-effort social media/apps.

>massive consolewarfag
>ps4 xbone
You still must be in your early 20s or even teens. Console wars stopped meaning jackshit by ps3/360 and even at that point the differences between them weren't large like they were during mega drive and super nintendo or psx and n64.

You're right when it comes to Jow Forums mainstream status, but Jow Forums also changed the political/ideological leanings this site has. Jow Forums used to be pretty left libertarian or out of the spectrum completely, though it had no problem to joke about anything and anyone.

The site has definitely been mainstream for years because my mom I actually tried to warn me about "duh ebul 4chinz" when she saw it on browser history years ago. With that said there are still a lot of normies who don't spend time online outside of social media that aren't aware of Jow Forums. Even though I'm a 2013fag, I've been aware of Jow Forums since at least 2009.

Yea I'm 23. I hate when people tell me I'm zoomer because I had a PS1, PS2, and GBC during childhood, and a PS3 during my teens. The PS4 was the first console I had ever bought with my own money at 18 years old. I graduated high school at 16 years old so all the people I went to school with and hung with are late millennials. I vividly remembering using floppy discs, AOL mail, and remember clearly when Myspace was the main social media, but no one yet used that term.

When I talk to someone who is just 20 or 21 years I feel like we grew up in different worlds.

I met a bunch of people from /trv/ when I was in Japan. Had fun.

I think it's actually turned back now in the past few months. There's still Jow Forums stuff around but because the entire fucking world is ironic now, it's hard to take anyone seriously here. It's nowhere near as aggressive as it was post-election.

It's a clown world. Only difference now is that more people are aware of it.
Maybe something more interesting will happen if enough people know.

Attached: rena.jpg (1131x707, 71K)

Is there anyone from 2003 with proof? Must be so fucking depressing to be on a site for 16 years and see it change so much tbqh

>It's a clown world.
Possibly, but I think they're drinking kool-aid intended for us (the old nerds and geeks). It's fucking bizarre seeing shit that was intended for otaku losers.

I bet it's a tiny fraction, hell, moot didn't stick around that long even. Though the ones that stuck around here since 2003, I'm almost sure they have SA accounts.

I've never actually met another person that browses this site in the wild by chance, but I have had one-on-one meetups with specific people I've already gotten to know from here. I'm the sole person in my group of friends who goes here. I'm 27 and I've been here since ~2007, so I've been here for a while. Went here when some long forgotten forum mentioned /h/, and never left. You'd think in the 11 years I've been here, by sheer force of statistics, I'd run into someone that at least casually browsed, but nope. Only ever had staged, one-on-one meetups.

Of the 3 I met up with, I was trying to fuck 2 of them, and only succeeded with one. Extrapolating from my real-life encounters, how people from this site seem to behave in voice chat situations, and my general feel of the website, here's what I think about the "Jow Forums" character:

Channers in general do not come off as especially likable people at first, but they've generally got an entertaining and refreshing cynicism to them that, while lending itself to edginess, is at the very least more real and amusing than what you'll find chatting up people at a bar/sports event/out in public. Not only are they not ashamed of being completely autistically obsessed with only one or two things, but they'll actually tend to ignore or insult you in subtle ways if you aren't equally invested in the conversation. This might sound annoying at first, but when you consider that you just have to prod until you find the right subject and then you get an endless wellspring of entertainment, it's actually pretty great.

For instance, the one guy I met spent 15 minutes explain to me the REAL meaning of Evangelion and somehow tied it into the plot of Gurren Lagann. I have no memory of what he was trying to say to me, I just remember that was the base subject. And it was fucking riveting. It was probably a load of bullshit, but it felt like I was guest starring in some kind of weird weaboo Joe Rogan show. Still friends with him.

Attached: fuck you internet 2.jpg (479x500, 242K)

No wonder this place as gone to shit.
You are just a failed r/normies.

Everyone and their grandmother knows what Jow Forums is now.

what is SA? kk

I wish I had gone to a single meetup when this place was still for autistic weirdos.

>I've never actually met another person that browses this site in the wild by chance
I did, met him at work. Came as no surprise since his humour old school internet edgy. Cool dude no lie. Unfortunately he transferred to another place pretty quickly.

2007 newfag here. Jow Forums is more or less the same as it always was. The only difference is that the culture changed from lighthearted trolling to people being actual cunts, and Jow Forums slowly seeping in to every other fucking board.

If there was a meetup in my city I would probably go there because people around here, even Jow Forums cunts are all fine blokes or chill cunts.