/QTDDTOT/

G’day gentlemen
What fraction of my daily protein should be coming from actual real food sources, as opposed to protein shakes?

Also, is the ‘1g per 2lb’ rule for protein correct? Is that for 2lb of lean mass? Because it seems like a shit load if its body mass.

Attached: 32FAAD27-6FC9-46E5-BF0E-0B130ADC2E2F.jpg (750x840, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S_93yIKub98
youtube.com/watch?v=qTjDq3_D-FU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1g per lbm + a little more if you can

Doesn’t matter what you eat for protein as long as you hit your macros and it has all the amino acids (I’ve beans and rice) Health wise idk depends on the protein shake. If it’s whey you might get constipated or diareaha if you eat a lot in a day

Thoughts on my workout plan?

Monday: Ultimate Frisbee league games ~2 hours

Tuesday: Tactical Barbell Fighter Squats 3 x 5, Bench 3 x 5, Chin-Ups 3 x F

Wednesday: 3 miles, slow

Thursday: Tactical Barbell Fighter Squats 3 x5, Bench 3 x 5, Deadlifts 1 x 5

Friday: 3 miles, slow

Saturday: Off

Sunday: 5-7 miles slow

Mostly focusing on losing weight and getting some endurance for sports, while also not neglecting training strength.

Thanks. Is there any way to figure out my lbm without calipers and measuring tape?

How drinkable are raw oats? I’m thinking about putting oats and milk in a shaker in the fridge overnight and drinking it as a quick breakfast. Is this doable, or would the oats get too solid to drink?

Just did 10 minutes jump rope. Kicked my ass bros, good workout

Why does Jow Forums never talk about it?

Also, how much protein per pound of lbm should i aim for when cutting?

Am I overtraining?
I do a 6 day upper lower split.
For every strength day (3-5 reps) I'll do 3 hypertrophy (8-10 reps) days before.

Upper day:
Ohp x3
Bench press x 3
Machine bench x 2
Machine ohp x 2
Barbell row x 3
Pullups x 2
Chinups x 2
Seated row x 1
Incline dumbbell Curls x 2

Lower day:
Squats x 5
Stairstepper 10-15 min
Treadmill interval sprints x 7

Usually takes me 1.5 hr to do. I only work part time and have no social life.

Attached: 1553901610677.jpg (612x612, 115K)

Protein is protein is protein.
Whey and protein powders are food, not supplements.

Despite what uneducated people are saying, overtraining doesn’t really exist. That being said, if you’re too tired to go to the gym or too tired to keep progressing on your lifts, cut back

I do it. As long as you don't mind a little chunk in your shake it's pretty good. Might mess with your stomach, but not for me.

>"Tactical Barbell Fighter Squats"
Sounds gay as fuck. Are you a MilSurp larper?

Attached: 1553961517131.jpg (612x408, 47K)

I'm a Marine. But Tactical Barbell is the plan and Fighter is the template, not a squat variation or anything

Yeah, chunk is fine as long as I don't have to shake and rattle the cup to get the oats out. Thanks user

If your prot powder is whey, it's a complete source and technically it should be okay if 100% of your prot comes from it.
Personally I still try to eat some chicken, dairy, and beans though, but more for practical reasons than anything.

any of you guys care to recommend a quality routine for hypertrophy?

can go 4/5 day per week.

Deadlifting past 300lb and my grip give up after 3 reps, be it 300, 325 or 350
Should i go from 1x5 to 3x3 ?
Can't deadlift more, i'm already deadlifting 2 times per week

My elbows acting up a lot lately, are there any lifts I can do without worsening it? It’s tennis elbow

My physio says I keep getting injured cuz i'm too tense. what are some good flexibility and mobility routines to limber up?

PHUL is good. There's also this routine from a guy with a body Jow Forums consideres GOAT, i'm sure someone with link his pic if you want

Attached: 1548296924936.png (874x624, 27K)

I have pain in my right hip whenever i squat past parallel. I am 192 cm with pretty fucking long legs if that matter.

youtube.com/watch?v=S_93yIKub98
youtube.com/watch?v=qTjDq3_D-FU
maybe that'll help

Attached: Без названия.jpg (195x259, 6K)

source really doesn't matter, just try to get some diversity in there.

that said, plant protein is pretty worthless.

Will i lower bodyfat% by lifting at maintenance? a program like SS, and will i get rid of my doublechin by doing so? my bmi is 22.5 but im pretty damn fat.

Attached: 1554125743994.jpg (874x624, 177K)

What's the verdict on doing this for a bench/chest accessory once a week for a couple sets?
Tried it for the first time and made me realize how weak my chest is despite having 1.25x BW bench. It seems like a really good isolation. Yeah it's a machine and might fuck up my shoulders but: we don't care about injuries; we're freaks.

Attached: d328323fe3aa0e56489a65e9c3b7fb06.jpg (630x512, 45K)

try putting the dry oats in a blender. you can blend them until they're a powder -- that can mix with whey and make an EXCELLENT gainer shake. blend some (pref frozen) banana in there right before drinking to serve as a binder and make the shake very smooth.

4.4g per kg is the right quantity

the source might be squatting with too wide a grip / weak an upper back, happened to me

barely at all. but some.

grab your nuts and do a deficit.

do your facepulls and keep nice tucked back scapulae and it shouldnt harm your shoulders.

if you can progress on it, go for it.

Hey guys, i want to try water fasting this saturday since i know on sunday i will have a big lunch with my family. Will fasting actually help or is it better to omad? I am afraid that after i break the fast i'll gain the weight i lost by fasting and more...

Fucked up my knee and waiting a month before doing squats again.

What would be a good exercise for quads in the mean time that wouldn't harm my knee? Sumo deadlifts?

Cable crossover are a better and more fun option

(90% of all shoulder pain can be eliminated by keeping a strong upper back and external rotators, and keeping your shoulders strongly sucked and tucked back into their sockets for any pressing or pulling motions)

read sticky.

*prevented. not necessarily eliminated.

My hips articulations hurt a little (like not hurting hurt hurt but still hurt) while I'm squatting. Since it's just when I squat, I do believe it might be linked to a lack of mobility.

How do I get rid of this hurting? How do I improve hip mobility?

>how do i improve hip mobility
look up Joe DeFranco's "Agile 8" mobility drills.
I think there's an updated version with 11.

Straps.

You could always limber up by bending over and taking my dick up your boupussy. Good stretch for your lower back and glutes.

I'm doing 3 days PPL and on rest days I include core workouts. I also swim, should I include it on days I do PPL or on rest days?

How do I stop arm pain (they're not just sore, they actually hurt) while squatting?

>Joe DeFranco's "Agile 8"
Will def check it out, thanks!

I hurt my back squatting yesterday. Pretty sure it's because I'm kind of 'tipping' my upper body forward.

How do I fix that shit?

How can I get my back better faster? Pretty sure it's a disc issue, have had it for years, usually I just rest, walk, and ice. If anyone has any other thoughts on what I can do, I'll be happy to hear them.

Might have a chick come over to fuck later. Haven’t had sex in 2.5 years. Do I just pull my dick out immediately and tell her to suck it

Hurt as in feel tight? Or hurt as in there is an acute localized sharp stinging? If it's just tight then doing dynamic stretching before squatting or static stretching after can be useful. Yoga has plenty of ways to open up your hips.

Hacksquats in a machine if you're able. If you truly fucked up your knee just let it heal before getting back into anything or you'll slow your recovery to a crawl.

Depends on how long you are fasting prior. You might just fuck up your self control and overeat at the lunch. You can't outfast a shit willpower.

I'd keep it to your offdays if possible, but if you do it at least a couple hours after your workout on lifting days and eat enough you'll be fine.

Pecdec is dumb. Do dips as an accessory instead.

If you are still a novice it is likely you can gain muscle and more importantly a base level of strength whilel eating at maintenance for a short while, but eventually your body will catch up and you'll need to gain weight. It seems like losing bodyfat is your main priority so eat at a deficit first of all and lift as a secondary action.

If I'm cutting, should I take protein powder with water instead of milk?
Or is the nutrients from milk worth the extra calories?

Lower the weight by 10lbs and stop ego lifting. Focus on form until you dont even think about it.

Attached: 1553908693686.png (320x320, 122K)

water
chocolate whey in very cold water with a ton of ice is legit tasty

How would you guys rank each row variation? T bar rows and bent over rows seem to put the stress on my lower back and quads, I can never seem to get the form down. Seal rows do a better job, but feel awkward and the station leaves an imprint on my forehead. Cable rows have seemed the most comfortable. Haven’t really done db rows

What is the key for a juicy back? I do rows 3 times a week. Would it be best just to alternate amongst all of them? I also plan on throwing chins and back raises into my routine

Bent over barbell rows > everything if you're not an advance lifter.
Switch to standing bent over dumbbell rows if you're advanced to benefit from the extra range of motion.

Cables are most of the time in use, takes time to set up etc. That machine is always empty
Yeah I do my facepulls
>Do dips
Literally can't. Give me intense pain in sternum.

Hello friends, I need some help after reading SS and the sticky plus nutrition stuff. Two questions, please help

1) How many reps and sets am I supposed to do for SS? I read the book but he never explicitly said what should I program for

2) Is it reps x sets or sets x reps? I know what a rep and set means, but when I see shit like 5x3, I don't know if he means 5 reps of 3 sets or 5 sets of 3 reps.

Please help

For your second question, it's sets x reps
As for your first (note that all exercises should have 2-5 warmup sets):
Squat, Bench, OHP: 3x5
Deadlift: 1x5
Power Clean: 5x3
Chin Ups: 3xFailure (i.e. as many as you can do; once you hit 3x10, do weighted chins 3x5)
Back Extensions: 3x10

If my forearms are disproportionately long, do I need a wider grip to squat low bar or just keep working on shoulder mobility? Bar floats a bit off my shoulders in ohp bottom position

Also for warmup sets, here's my scheme (pretty similar to the book):
Squat, OHP, Bench:
>Bar 2x5
>1/2 Working Set (W.S.) 2x5
>2/3 WS 1x3
>5/6 WS 1x2
Deadlift (if you're not at like 1 1/2 plates just do the above one)
>135 2x5
>135 + 0.25(WS - 135) 2x3
>135 + 0.50(WS - 135) 1x2
>135 + 0.75(WS - 135) 1x1
Power Clean:
>Bar 2x5
>1/2 WS 2x3
>2/3 WS 1x2
>5/6 WS 1x1

If I wanted to focus on building strength and athleticism and not size, what would be recommended?

Has anyone been able to convince their doc to get them on trt? I’m between 300-400 and they won’t let me do it

>Cables are most of the time in use, takes time to set up etc
you litteraly have to drop the pin and and ask to work in, it's piss easy

I want to do something for my general fitness/ conditioning, I came up with

1 min KB swings
30 Sec break
1 min zercher sandbag hold
30 sec break
1 min Jump rope

I want to do that every morning.

The question is should I, over time, increase time per set or add more rounds?

It's piss easier not to do that

High weights, low sets and reps.

Is there any reason I shouldn't lift all 7 days of a ppl? The leg day is like a rest day for my upper body, yeah?

Attached: hell_yeah.gif (500x281, 536K)

Strength 3-5 reps
Hyperteophy 8- 10 reps
Endurance/slow twitch muscle fibers 15-20 reps
You use a weight where you couldn't do another beyond that range even if you tried. Doing strength? Hit a 6th rep at a certain weight? Move up the weight.

Can someone send low carb pasta recipe if theres any

Calculate ur MEV and MRV if you want to know if you'r close.

farmwalks to train grip. Hold weighs at lockout on last rep aswell to train it.

>uni’s absolutely ruined me—papers due, failing exams, best friend is apparently suicidal and is avoiding me
>sleep deprived
>feeling "wrong" and tired, don’t know if it could be some meme mental illness coming back to bite me
>have only eaten one meal today
>already missed two other sessions for similar reasons
Bros what the fuck do I do? It feels like it’s not worth it to go to the gym in this condition but I feel even worse not going. How do I break this vicious cycle and get back to my old self? Uni has literally destroyed me for the past two weeks straight and I’m really despairing over it.

HB squat instead of LW, Widegrip BP instead of smaller grip.

An elbowsleve might help aswell to reduce strain.

Athleanx programs

If you are used at doing nothing, for a month or so, yeah. seeing as you want from tdee eating.

Weakness: Rounding over on squat:
Safety squat bar
Front Squat
General upper back training ( Pullups, chinups, lat pulldowns, db rows, chest supported rows, cable rows, upright rows and schrugs

My daily routine

Morning

-100grams protein shake
-1 cup greek yogurt

Lunch

-50g protein shake and creatine

Dinner

-Chicken and black beans with tomato sauce
-1 scoop l leucine

Night
-100 grams protein shake

Current stats

6' 1'' 245lbs

Bench - 210
OHP - 150
Squat - 265
Deadlift - 365

If all you want is to cum in 5 minuts, sure. But take your time for it, enjoy it as it has been so long.

yeah, i did this to, saves 150 kcal per shake, worth it. Just keep in mind they digest faster if your take em with water.

How would you guys say bodyweight dips translate to bench? I can do 3x5, 1x8 for max on dips. I'm 90kg, if I go to the gym will I be able to get a one time bodyweight bench?

>Hurt as in feel tight? Or hurt as in there is an acute localized sharp stinging?

A little bit of a mix. A feeling just like the bar is too heavy, even when I am doing air squat as a warming up. That's why I was thinking of a hip mobility problem, knowing that I do strech before starting to lift.

Is there any point to doing flat bench press when I can do incline with like 95% of the weight?
The only negative I can think of is it interfering with my recovery for OHP.
Am I missing something? Incline just seems superior in all ways.

I too believe this. After you build your basic 5 rep 225 flat bench, I believe you should switch to inclined, for aesthetic purposes of course. If you are natty you will never have an upper chest good enough as its lower parts. So might as well focus on it while keeping a nice tight lower one, without having muscle tits.

I was lifting heavy and making huge progress all winter. I started cutting, and then hurt my shoulder. Since then I cant work up the courage/effort to make it to the gym (home gym) I feel defeated.

I got 90kg for 5 reps, but I got stuck under the bar at 92.5. First time I failed a set, and it made me hesitate pushing myself when benching, it feels like the first time I ate asphalt on a motorcycle. I managed to get the bar to my legs and stand up on my own, but still.
No safety bars in the gym.
I kinda feel like incline would be easier to fail on.

Anyone have an infographic or a link to solid gluten free diet. Bulking on the information I'm seeing seems impossible.

There's so many meme around this disease it's a real headache finding something legit.

Also how long before the gut "reset" after going gluten free?

Attached: modelskeletonfullsizewithhangingstand.jpg (800x800, 49K)

I believe you should still do the flat bench, since you aren't strong enough to do 100 kg for 5. I mean the incline is harder than the flat, so you will lift less but gain more. You should be able to bench around 80-85 kg on the incline correct?
I'd do the flat until I could comfortably bench 100 any time not just once, buts its your choice.

I guess I’ll stick to it, but the scare completely killed my linear progress. I only started in January, but I’m the only person I’ve seen get stuck under the bar, and it was embarrassing beyond belief.
Thanks for the advice.

Just so you know, your gains after hitting 100 kg wont be noticeable in terms of muscle mass. If I were you i'd do it since its a nice round number, but that's my autism talking. But weather you do the incline now or later it wont matter, however you should incorporate overhead press with the incline for the most optimal upper chest gains.

Bump

Attached: front toward enemy.jpg (800x600, 121K)

just start up slowly again. Find some good exercises to strengthen your shoulder.
Don't give up on your gains bro.

If you have a narrow grip for benching then yes, this will help you quite abit. If you have a wider grip, it won't help allot.

>can i max bp 90kg

That depends allot on you,
Have you benched allot before? Hows your technique?
Whats you bf%? Lean mass?
How is you body, long arms? short arms? big chest?

I think push ups are a better indication.
But to give you an answer, i'd say no.

I just came home from have some beers with my friends, i had a terrible discussion about how kcal works and they were fucking laughing at me, fucking normies, i knew i shoulnt have talk about kcal and diets with normies, they noticed i got really mad because they were all laughing of me about how kcal and diet works and CICO

Not gonna talk of that again with normies i already lost those friends, i though i could tell them whatever i want buy they ended laughing of me.... and i got really mad and they noticed

Cant fuckign talk about diet and exercise and kcals with normies, they dont understand shit

Bump

Kys you slimebag.
You are a useless pos

Boomer question, how can I do simple, pleb strength training at home? Not looking to build muscle, I just want to prevent atrophy as I get older. Is a pair of kettlebells the best choice?

How late is too late to eat protein after a workout? 3 hours? 6? 12?

For about a year, I feel slight pressure in this area. Sometimes, when sneezing for example it could be described as a very slight pain. Nothing that'd stop me from boxing/running, but I feel much more pressure there when I bench or DL, compared to the other side and I'm scared.

I told my doctor few times and got it ultrasounded, but it should be good.

Anybody else experienced this?

Attached: male_btn.jpg (293x293, 31K)

What's your budget? Number one purchase is chin up bar, but only if you can actually do a chin up.
You can so a chin up, right user?

I can only do two good pullups and I'm trying to reach my first goal of 3x5 pullups. I've been doing negatives but I'm really not progressing at all. I've been doing 3x5 of negatives as well, controlling my fall so that one rep lasts about 10 seconds or so. Should I be doing something differently or just keep at what I'm doing already?

Avoid shoulder lifts for a couple weeks. When you get back on the horse, try Arnold dumbbell presses. Those are my go to lifts when I tweak my shoulder

I think so but I'm not sure if I can fit that in my apartment.

???