How long can you hang form a bar, gentlemen?

A Jeff Cavaliere approved exercise

youtube.com/watch?v=p2lOW0ndH00

I cand o 1 minute and 30 seconds

Attached: hang_in_there.jpg (225x225, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5dj7UUN4RIs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-GvrMhKEPcM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=4HBQRYO105g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I can do around 1.333 minutes at 190lbs

I've recently done about 3 minutes but used this guy's technique where you hang on one arm and let your other arm rest.

youtube.com/watch?v=5dj7UUN4RIs

should mention it was just for fun, and I've never before trained this shit

40 seconds

55 seconds at 164lbs

My best is 1 minute but I've never measured my max.

The limiting factor for me is the pain I don't know how to get around that

I can do chin ups with 2pl8s just fine

What about the rotator cuffs?

Face pulls

Like 30 seconds

every day

don't know about 2 hands but I do 3 easy sets of 1 hand holds for at least 1 minute at the end of each workout

Is it a time efficient workout or is it just something to do because you're bored

Do you do that with rings or something? The problem I have with doing one-handed hangs is that my body keeps rotating and spinning around and this forces my wrist to keep bending until I have to let go.

Work on your core

5 seconds

I do it on rest days to improve my grip and it doesn't seem to negatively impact my next day workout

I really noticed some forearms and grip strength gainz

Non negotiable

Every time I do dead hangs I get a sharp pain in my armpits, should I continue doing them?

1 min 50 sec. less than 15 seconds one handed

Do active hangs as described in the video and see if it helps

Or calisthenics face pulls

m.youtube.com/watch?v=-GvrMhKEPcM

1:56, It was enough to win the comp at my gym, I weighed about 89kg then so I think thats decent strength

thats really impressive. dont mean to shit on him but thats not the body you expect of someone who can do 70 1-arm pullups in a set

Longest I've lasted is 35 seconds but my arms are weak as shit.

>kipping
>chalk
>bar instead of rings
This pussy is never going to make it

Seriously though that’s amazing. And yeah, why isn’t he insanely jacked or insanely shredded?

Like one and a half minutes. Only 10 sec max on one arm. Pretty miserable

I can go for round 5mins hanging, im very very lean tho at 130lbs and have been doing calisthenics for a while to help with climbing

about 2 min two arms and 5-10 sec one arm

About 8 seconds

I'm a fat fuck

Try to hold the bar like my drawing lol that's what I do, I found that my body doesn't rotate if I use this angle
kinda dumb and irrelevant

Attached: hang_hold_position.png (679x400, 12K)

what the fuck is that

I've been looking for this for so fucking long, thanks dude

Attached: 1543324323032.jpg (648x1024, 125K)

50 sec one hand
115 kg

Attached: s573cc574f64a2ea141bcdad7f06f942a.jpg (800x600, 79K)

because bodyweight exercise alone doesnt make u shredded or jacked. as a natty u gotta go heavy with the weights and get lots of volume in

>bodyweight exercise alone doesnt make u shredded or jacked

Lol imagine being this wrong. Resistance is resistance. Doesn't matter where it comes from.

the body grows its muscles size wise when it needs larger muscles for what its trying to do. Doing crazy amounts of calisthenics doesnt require huge muscles, but heavy compounds do. Because heavy compounds force the body to do a ton of intense work very quickly.

the same reasoning is why marathon runners are dyel, but cyclists get huge quads because going up hills requires insane leg strength, not just stamina.

Cos tatzios a free climber, needs to keep weight down. Not built but strong af. One finger weighted pullups

m.youtube.com/watch?v=4HBQRYO105g

does jeff still claim natty?

this dudes pants game is out of this world

Hes a hairlet. Keeps the attension off his bald.

Lmao what's going on here

Attached: 1554533924936.jpg (236x271, 12K)

The body grows its muscles when you feed it calorific surplus and do resistance exercises in the 3-5 rep range. Doesn't matter where the resistance comes from as long as it is high enough. Calisthenics is not just doing 1000 push ups. There are gymnastics exercises which require a shit ton of strength and which 99% of this board would be completely unable to perform.

>as long as it is high enough
So what do you do when high enough > bodyweight

You change the leverage

I can hang 2+ minutes at 230 lbs thanks ro deadlifting all the time but cam do max 4-5 strict pullups
What is this meme exercise about if you want to test grip strength do single arms DL and I bet most of people here will fail at about 135lbs. Wouldnt make you test on normal dl beacuse calesthenics fags and 445+ lbs dont happen

Don't mention it calisthenics bro

It's said that front levers develop dead lift strength for califags

I weigh 90 kg

I managed 120 seconds while wearing a 12.5 kg back pack.

Next time I’ll try it with gloves.

I can do an active hang for 16 seconds without gloves and 20 with gloves