So I'm a boxer, and at the boxing gym we have weights aswell. I'm trying to increase my muscle mass...

So I'm a boxer, and at the boxing gym we have weights aswell. I'm trying to increase my muscle mass, should I lift weights before the boxing session or after?

Attached: merlin-to-scoop-126438434-51061-articleLarge.jpg (600x434, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=InJHbcb6pN8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ideally, after. There's some research that says that cardio after weights reduces testosterone (it's probably insignificant but who knows).

Retarded af advice. If you lift in a fatigued state you're going to snap all kinds of shit up.

Do lifting and boxing on separate days. If that's not possible, lift before boxing.

Before. Always practice technical skills first. If you train worn out you'll get sloppy in a match.

Why just boxing?

Why don't you also learn wrestling, grappling, and muay thai?

Because he's not a failed athlete that turned to mma as his last resort

>every mma fighter is a failed athlete

what kind of cope is this? If you had half a brain, you'd realize that MMA is just a logical progression of combat sports. Why only learn 1 style when you can learn all of them in the most practical minimal rules way?

Everyone always says to lift before conditioning/technique work because you'll snap your shit lifting after.

Boxing is an art form. Practiced by many but mastered by few.

Boxing is the best combat style. Period.

Why doesn't he also learn to shoot or how to invest in stocks so he can hire bodyguards, shut the fuck up you piece of shit autist, the user asked about boxing FUCK YOU. Never post again you little faggot slut.

Beware, this is top tier bait.

So is Aikido, but that shit doesn't work in a real fight.

Sure boxing will work in a fight, but if your opponent knows ONLY muay thai or ONLY wrestling, prepare to get your ass beat because chances are you have never trained how to defend against teeps, leg kicks, elbows, or takedowns.

So in other words, boxing will work if your opponent will only use boxing, or has 0 idea how to fight.

There's no best combat style. That is a 1990s mentality.

Muay Thai isn't stronger against boxing lol. Only dumb people like you fall for that holier than thou ancient spritual asian shit.

is this bait? Muay Thai isn't some karate or stupid kung fu. It literally means "Thai kickboxing".

It's like boxing but instead of giving each other nice loving hugs and waiting for a ref to separate them, they're allowed to knee each other, kick each other (to the shins, body, or head), use the legs to kick you away, elbow you, etc.

So basically it's like boxing but more complete.

If he's interested in combat sports, he should max out what he's capable of doing.

Not doing MMA is like going to the gym to only do bench press and that's it. Forever. I'm concerned with what works, sorry

That's why the boxers always beat everyone in the UFC isn't it

Maybe he's just interested in boxing for sports or exercise. He's still capable of smoking 99% of guys, stop being a fucking autistic you piece of shit.

if you squat 225lbs for reps, you're stronger than probably 90+% of the population. The point of aspiring to achieve is to beyond just good enough. Isn't it funny how much smarter I am than you?

nah you're really just a faggot

this is on the same tier as fedora posting

>says the dude absolutely sperging out about someone giving advice to a question

Feel like you should log off for a bit mate you seem to have some anger issues. Have you thought about trying MMA to cope?

I’m in your same situation. I usually lift in the morning and do training in the afternoon or night. If that doesn’t fit your schedule you wanna lift before boxing so that you get the most out of your weight training.
Any other advice is bullshit.

have you considered that maybe there are more than one person in the world that think you're dumb

Go away you incel. You are a failure and a faggot

They're both really technical and neurally demanding so I recommend separate days. Even pro heavyweights who train 2x day tend to keep them separate. Look up the routines of people like AJ since they have your same demand of staying in top technical shape while maintaining a lot of muscle mass.

Important, make sure not to lose weight. You won't believe how much you'll need to eat.

nak muays have awful movement though. there are pros and cons to both, and I personally feel like fighting like a boxer while remaining wary of muay thai angles is superior to applying muay thai directly to MMA

This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Always train BEFORE practice, because you're going to be tired in the actual game/match/fight anyway. Better get used to it.

Whatever you prioritize you should do first. If boxing is more important for you, start with that. If not, start with lifting. The reasoning is that whatever you want to get better at you should put your most energy into.

As for adding size onto muscles, this can be done in a safe way without going to failure or anything like that. So don't bother with any of that retard advice.

no weights. don't be a foo. get a sledgehammer and a big dumbass tire. you'll be ripped.

do it AFTER.. you can or should have a snack between too

>tfw this guy legit doesn't know what he's talking about
you think you don't throw bows in boxing? think there isn't dirty fighting in boxing? christ man, half of some people's technique is to punch the guy's nuts so fast that the ref can't see it. plus, boxers wear gloves. all the time. after practicing with 16oz gloves, and then pulling them off and throwing a couple punches on a bag, it's frankly scary how hard and fast you can punch someone. i don't care who you are, you aint gonna just suddenly take down a boxer because you threw a couple bows in some faggy gym. frankly, boxing has an insane level of body conditioning that is only limited to the man's willpower. you try leg kicking a boxer, and you're going to eat at least 5 jabs and a cross, and if you're lucky you won't get your ribs shattered by an uncovered fist that feels like a fucking brick.

silva was a boxer before he was an MMA star.

T. Doesn’t train or fight

Look, someone's dad found Jow Forums

listen, if you don't train wrestling directly, you aren't going to resist a trained wrestler using it on you.

how many wrestlers are trained to withstand direct blows ever? i don't think a wrestler would get close enough to me before he ate a fist.

hmm maybe you should go to an MMA gym and find out

youtube.com/watch?v=InJHbcb6pN8

lmao

Is there any truth to this or are you just memeing?

>somebody’s dad found Jow Forums
Lmao I had similar thoughts reading this post

No u.

Attached: butthurt.gif (360x360, 2.94M)

Lmao you're like a 13 year old trying to sound tough

legit, friend. legit.

He was a Muay Thai fighter, and taekwondo competitor

Saw someone in the gym doing this. Had to chuckle, looks so fucking retarded. Don't know if it works or not.

lol he jabbed him twice, how is that illustrating the guy's ability to take a punch? besides, i said wrestler, not MMA.

when the UFC first began, there was no such thing as "MMA". It was purely style vs style, hence this boxer was just a boxer and this wrestler was just a wrestler.

However, when put in a minimal to no rules fight, guess who wins? hmmmm

okay, show me more examples then, of this insane dominance of wrestling over boxing, friend.

LOL the Chad manlet vs the incelanket

honestly, just watch early UFC where BJJ kept taking down everyone, including champion kickboxers.

BJJ requires some basic wrestling, and it kept winning and winning against single style striking arts.

>Train beforehand so you practice shit form
Ok.

I used to hit the shoulders before boxing class. I found it gave me better endurance in the long run because I'd constantly be training with tired shoulders, so when they were fresh I'd feel like a million bucks

This. The dude you’re replying to probably doesn’t even lift

Stop being retarded. If you knew a god damn thing about MMA you'd know that BJJ is a cornerstone of the sport now.

Ask a real trainer at your gym.

>All these wrestling and BJJ boys think they're safe from a head crushing left hook
A false sense of security doesn't help yourself

Attached: JoyceHench.jpg (1080x1347, 206K)

MMA isn't a real fight mate. Boxing heavyweights are far more impressive athletically than the scraps in the UFC too

The lanklet apparently also was HIV positive, so most likely taking it up the butt.

well I know muay thai too, so good luck getting close enough and retaining any sort of advantage.

is this bait?

I don't see you doing much unless you're 250lbs plus

Attached: GettyJoyce.jpg (1024x751, 399K)

frankly boxing is simply the best. it produces the best bodies, it produces the strongest athletes, and the most legendary entities in history. no one competes with a boxer in terms of their legacy when they become champions. no one. I mean, Muhammad Ali is still considered one of the greatest athletes of all time, and rocked the globe with his fist, and it's been decades since the man was remotely relevant. no one talks about fucking chuck liddell.

Are you bait? You're far more likely to get hurt if you try grapple with someone in a street fight and slip on concrete. Not to mention people joining in to smash you with bottles and rocks

MMA guys, imagine your first day of wrestling, BJJ, and muay thai. Remember how bad you were and how even the most basic setups would get you hard because you had no previous exposure to them?

That's pretty much every boxer, no matter their experience. Enjoy the confidence of knowing every leg kick or takedown will not be countered if you ever have to square up with them.

Attached: Saiful-Merican-MMA2207.jpg (800x533, 68K)

this, also boxers are trained to have incredible lower bodies, so if all else fails, they can just outrun you. yeah yeah, people might say "oh ha ha" but street fights are about practicality of use and survival.

Difference is boxing takes the overwhelming talent pool of athletes. MMA guys are the scraps

Attached: Lion.jpg (590x350, 31K)

lmao, of course you go
>well in a real fight, the ground is only broken glass and AIDS syringes, and it's a 1v100!

If you had 2 brain cells, you'd realize BJJ only is dumb, but knowing BJJ is a great option because it works when you need it to.

Go to youtube and look up "BJJ in real fight". No shit you can't use it safely in every fight, you fucking idiot, but when you can it works

In terms of what talent? If you drop a boxer in a cage with a UFC fighter, the UFC fighter will win because he learns to fight with minimal rules.

>you try leg kicking a boxer, and you're going to eat at least 5 jabs and a cross,
Worked fine for Inoki against Ali.

Attached: 150403132307-antonio-inoki-muhmmad-ali-large-169.jpg (460x259, 37K)

The talent knows where the money is and it ain't MMA

Attached: MayanCivilization.jpg (1050x1080, 75K)

That's highly debatable. What attacks can a MMA fighter do that a boxer can't possibly deal with by blocking, parrying or sucking it up and punching back? Below-belt blows and punching the back of the head aren't permitted in UFC either.
>inb4 grappling
Easier said than done; that requires you to step into a boxer's range and accept all the risks that entails. If the boxer is good at infighting, you're in trouble.

People always forget this fight. They shouldn't. Ali was sure he was defeated before even stepping into the ring.

That's because Inoki was pragmatic enough to lie on the canvas well below arm-range and kick like a tantrumming child. If he'd actually tried going for him like his usual opponents, it would be gruesome no matter the result.

>that's highly debatable
t. retard

leg kicks, head kicks, body kicks, knees, wrestling takedowns from the clinch that require knowledge of wrestling to stop, teeps.

if boxing alone was so amazingly undefeatable, the highest level kickboxing or muay thai matches would be only people throwing hands.

I never said boxing was undefeatable. If anything, you were doing the opposite by arrogantly asserting that a UFC fighter was going to walk over a pro-boxer, which is a highly debatable matter. Also, guess what other limbs can be raised up to head-level? Arms. And body/leg blows can definitely be withstood by anyone who's tough enough to make fighting a career.

Why can't you head butt or knee people in the head in MMA? Happens in boxing

Attached: PeleReid.jpg (600x477, 38K)

self bump

that sounds like a question aimed towards a competent coach and not a bunch of autists on an anime board

You're so uninformed on the sport of MMA that I really think you should refrain from participating in any conversation about combat sports.

A UFC fighter would starch a boxer in an MMA match every single time, no question. This coming from someone who prefers to train boxing because I enjoy it more.

Boxers starch them in a street fight

George Foreman could probably still destroy anyone in the octagon today.

>Do lifting and boxing on separate days.
This. Make sure to tailor your weightlifting routine towards your sport. Keep any anaerobic shoulder exercises as far away from your boxing days in the week as possible. Back/chest/core etc. timing is less vital

t. bulked up 35lbs while doing muay thai