Thoughts on noodles and pasta?

Hi Jow Forums what are your thoughts on pasta or noodles? When I was in high school, our meals tended to always be pasta, noodles or rice. I do know it is good for running but is it generally accepted for workouts?

Attached: pasta.jpg (2500x1667, 2.77M)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1nSYvNBKxTc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pasta is great. It gets you nutrients you can't get from meat like... uh... hmm. But it's filling... well not as filling as a steak, but more filling than starving I guess. It's great at building muscle... okay not really but are least you'll be hungry again after three hours of eating it so you can eat even more grains. Who cares that obesity and cancer is up? That jew doctor Ancel Keys and his nitpicked study said you should eat lots of grains, so it's obviously ideal food.

O.o

i don't do keto, but i try to limit my carbs so pasta or rice dishes are things are generally things i avoid. i'd rather have more proteins or veggies.
but i think they're fine in smaller quantities. at least for me, having some carbs help me put in the gym. i feel pretty sluggish otherwise.

retard
excellent source of starchy carbs
add some cheese or egs to it and it's a perfect tasty nutritious meal

racist FUCK how dare you insult my people isreal shall rule over you dirty fucking racist GOYIM and theres nothing you alt righters can do hahahahaha

Dam i miss pasta foods cause im on keto lol

Attached: images.png (203x248, 5K)

>When I was in high school

Get out of here boomer

Attached: 1528574477549.png (380x349, 77K)

Tip top rebuttal. At least tell me that 6,000,000 died and that I'm being insensitive to the grain merchant.
>alt-right
No sweetie, I don't support zionism.

retard false flagger
retard OBSESSED with kikes

pasta with eggs, cheese, tomato sauce and spinach is tasty af, get help you mentally ill freak.

it's honestly shit tier. pasta should be in your diet as much as cake and ice cream

>like a
omg racism! The only thing I hate is meme that your diet should primarily be grain.

uh oh

Attached: WheatConsumption.jpg (480x380, 37K)

"Muda"

Slave food

get mental help you fucking nigger kike faggot
the only retards who recommend a PRIMARILY grain based diet are pencil necked doctors to fat dumb as bricks western idiots.
If you're lean it doesn't fucking matter what your diet is like as long as it includes some dairy and eggs.

I try to limit it to refill days.

Grain-based diets are objectively the healthiest and most stable diet for anyone, athlete or normal. Our body digests carbs more efficiently than anything else, and we need that energy to metabolise other nutrients as well. There's a reason endurance athletes have 'pasta dinners' just before their events, and strength athletes eat massive amounts of carbs to go with their protein when they bulk. Don't confuse carb-heavy diets with refined-carb heavy diets.

Also, making meat the basis of your diet is really asking for trouble due to all the side effects of protein/fat overconsumption.

the whole wheat pasta I eat has upwards 12g brotein/100g which gives about a 6th to 7th of calories from brotein, almost as much as peanut butter which people always hail for being "high protein" for some reason

this while it's a carbohydrate source, often compared to rice and potatoes which have fuck all protein
also it's more calorie dense than the former hence better for bulking

can't tell who's a false flagger anymore
whole wheat bread is based, cheap, tasty and has quite a bit of protein for a grain, it's a shame its amino acid profile isn't good but it's still something at least, eaten alongside some cheese makes it great.
>potatos have fuck all protein
both interms of weight and macros yeah they are very low protein, amazingly though people have maintained their muscle mass eating nothing but white potatos, trials have been done on this at least, while in a caloric deficit.

Just eat it in moderation.
Ideally eat whole grain pasta.

>the only retards who recommend a PRIMARILY grain based diet are pencil necked doctors to fat dumb as bricks western idiots.
Contemporary westerners have the lowest grain and carbohydrate intake of any major human group on the planet in the past several thousand years.
lmao

vocaroo.com/i/s1nSYvNBKxTc

this guy is getting pretty cringy

AY it's THIS GUY!!!!

you've always been cringy but you don't see me crying about it

ok guido faggot lol

Chickpea Pasta, 25g protein per 3.5 oz serving.

my name is clarence

based haha poster

How do you lift heavy without carbs ?
Post body

Literally my biggest comfort food growing up but I seldom eat it anymore because I opt for gluten free and less calorie dense alternative carb sources like quinoa or rice

The nice thing though is that pasta dishes are more about the sauce than the pasta, so if you use an alternative noodle like chickpea pasta, you pretty much can enjoy the same dish even if the pasta doesn't taste exactly the same.

Basically, it's not the most optimal carb source, but if you want to have it, try to choose whole wheat or something like a chickpea or brown rice noodle and make sure you are eating it for the purpose of training hard.