Started doing Starting Strength from the sticky

started doing Starting Strength from the sticky
got some advice from the trainers in my gym, it's free
he told me i shouldn't be doing Deadlifts or Squats because my muscles are too short, i'm fat
any truth to it?

Attached: BBDeadlift.gif (160x120, 98K)

No

>my muscles are too short
mcfucking what.

Personal trainers are generally dyel cardio twinks who only go to the weight room to do meme exercises with 10lb dumbbells and bands. Which is part of why I want to become a personal trainer and make everyone do heavy fucken compounds, kek.

No truth in that OP. Which muscles are those trainers referring to as short? Do they mean you're short in general? If so deadlifts may be hard for you since your arms would be a shorter length. Squats on the other hand should be easier for you since your legs are a shorter length. Either way, do your compound lifts. Don't stick with starting strength forever, unless you don't give a fuck about aesthetics. Lastly, trainers aren't typically the smartest crowd. I know that's me making assumptions, but it's typically the case.

he told me i should be doing more exercises on the machines and that they're just as good as the exercies with the barbell

Do it. Create an army of yoked boys and girls for the future of our civilization please.

he claims he's been bodybuilding for 27 years and won competitions in america

he said my legs, back and neck

They're good for isolation movements. That would be great if you're trying to becomes aesthetic. However, you should always perform free weight compound lifts, barbell or dumbbell. Sooner or later they're going to tell you to take the juice too.

My neck, my back, my pussy and my crack. In all seriousness though, they're either fucking with you or espousing brosciene. The gym and fitness scene is a mess. Even with aesthetic programs you have to lift your compound lifts.

i'm fat, easthetic is far away
just want to be stronger so i can carry shit up the stairs

he said I could do it for a few months, maybe even a few years, but I would destroy my body with that program

Or you'd end up stronger than all your trainers. If SS is going to destroy your body then powerlifters wouldn't be around. Eat enough to recover, take some fish oil to help with joint inflammation, drink plenty of water, and sleep 8 hours a day. That's it really. You'll be strong in no time.

Forgot to mention creatine monohydate. 5g/day. Buy it from Amazon to get it cheaper. Take 0.8-1g of protein per lb of bodyweight. Try to eat clean. Simple common sense shit. I'd say after you start to plateau on SS, move on to another program. Something intermediate for strength, hypertrophy, or both.

>b-but daddy said
You have thousands of experts, experienced lifters, and tons of video/book information yet you don't use any of it go do your dyel routine and starve faggot

fuck that trainer faggot, he's full of shit, i'll do my thing and fuck you too

>Which is part of why I want to become a personal trainer and make everyone do heavy fucken compounds
The gym will probably fire you; PTs are to keep dyels on meme exercises while constantly renewing their memberships and attracting more dyels, not actually getting people strong

In my experience 98% of commercial gym trainers are bro scientists.

Read, listen, learn, practice.
Fuck paying these retards. Let them train the girls all day putting them on machines.

Attached: IMG_5947.jpg (636x718, 60K)

What is Planet Fitness?

Been at my current gym for about a year and observed people listening to the trainer in action.

One woman pays $30 an hour to get followed around doing leg presses, calf raises, lunges, and every kind of leg machine while the other woman just squats and hip thrusts and gets form advice from others.

Which one do you think squats 2.5 pl8s and which do you think looks exactly the same?

this is bait

Shit

>my muscles are too short
Manlet detected