Are gymrats too retarded to figure out a safety mechanism for bench pressing...

Are gymrats too retarded to figure out a safety mechanism for bench pressing? Why do they spend countless man-hours of "spotting"?

Attached: 1.jpg (950x534, 46K)

As long as you're not being a retard you shouldn't ever need a spotter on bench convince me otherwise

Mega 1 rm

They help you safely go past failure. Super dumb thread.

So you can go until failure? If you don't have a spotter you need to quit earlier, with a spotter you can get a few more reps in, maybe even with (minimal) support.

>has no reading comprehension
>calls others dumb
EMBARRASSING

You are actually retarded if you cannot conceptualize the physical and mental benefits of having someone spot you on bench

>has no reading comprehension
>calls others retarded
EMBARRASSING

I usually push for reps till failure only when I'm doing dumbell exercises. If I need to I can just drop them to the side and not end up pinned by the bar.

Bro just roll the bar off yourself

You can do the same on the bench press. So why not just have someone spot you?

Because it’s about making friends at the gym and pushing yourself to be better with your bro. It’s a shared experience. But of course you never speak to anyone at the gym do you? You just go there with your head down and earphones in. Jesus this board is austistic sometimes.

It's called the roll of shame for a reason loser, post body

Yeah just don't use clips that way you can roll off the weight

When you max out on reps just rest it on your chest and when you feel ready to go again, push it back up

>didn't understand my post
>projects his level of stupidity on me
>embarrasses himself
Lad

>clips
>not a death sentence
Keep using them dumb dumb

>still no reading comprehension
EMBARASSING

Safety mechanism have already been figured out long ago. You just have safety pins that are higher than the bench, but just under the height of where your chest is with a proper arch. That way when you bench, you're still getting proper ROM and going to your chest each rep, but if you fail, you just lower the bar to your chest, then release tension and flatten out your arch and let the bar rest on the safey pins, and then limbo out from the side.

I'm /homegym/ and I bench in my power cage, and this is how I have the equipment set up. But there's no reason dedicated benches couldn't be made that have safety bars on the sides of the bench built in, rather than needing to drag a spare bench into a squat rack at the public gym and use all that equipment. It's really just a matter of gym owners not getting the memo and not bothering to get better equipment.

Attached: drake point.jpg (612x380, 25K)

Thanks for the post, I guess it's just a culture of safety being gay and all, but having a guys crotch on your face isn't.

I don't even think it's that. I just think it's people being set in their ways and wanting all the equipment to be exactly 100% the same as it's always been for the past 100 years, not even considering changing it for better functionality. I don't think it's an anti-safety culture. After all, all the squat racks and power cages have safety pins. It's just that everyone is too much of a brainlet to start adopting benches with built-in safety pin slots.

As for the issues of sqpotters, I wouldn't even mind ball sweat wafting in my face if normalfags at the gym would at least know how to spot correctly. The issue is most of them are irrationally scared that the bar is just going to magically slip out of my hands like a greased pig and drop on my chest, and they're way too eager to immediately grab the bar even when everything is perfectly fine. Even when, in the past, when I've told spotters to just stand back and I'll notify them if I need them to lift it up, they still fuck it up and steal my gains.

uhm sweaty...

Attached: elitefts bench.jpg (820x820, 55K)

kek

Fucking. Roll.
Why do people not know this?