Benefits of swimming?

So like anons give it to me what are the benefits to this cardio type

Attached: water.png (640x626, 97K)

can pee anytime you want

well that's true but is there any other benefit?

This.
Also you'll build unmatched cardio endurance. You won't build a lot of muscle, but you will build a bit of strength. Your hair will be ruined by chlorine if you don't take care of it. You'll feel better in general. Etc.

like do you become lean or do you just remain skinnyfat

you only get lean by losing enough fat. skinnyfat is just someone with little muscle and still a high bf %. if you have little muscle and low bf % you become spoopy skelington. so how much muscle do you have to start with? just might already have enough to look lean if you just lose more weight.

I mean... Swimming burns a lot of calories man. So if you're burning a ton of calories, you eat a caloric deficit, and you eat healthy macros, you'll see the same results any exercise regimine will give you. You'll get lean. I wouldn't say skinny fat. But it's still a cardio workout, so you shouldn't count on being able to build a bunch of muscle in the pool. Maybe a little, but not like lifting.

There are some programs you can Google to work your way into swimming 1 mile in six weeks. If that's something that interests you, try it out for a couple weeks.

The nice part about swimming is that it's dirt cheap once you have the pool lined up. A pair of good goggles is $20. A decent swimsuit is $30. And then you're ready to swim.

Swimming, work out as much as you want but you won’t fuck up your body....unless you drown.

i guess i'd like to combine lifting and swimming seeing as i can go and lift get home and swim in my pool for an hour or two, but realistically i wanna build muscles on my whole body so it stays balanced

You probably want to focus on lifting to build the muscle and swimming to keep your heart and lungs capable. Swimming is a tremendous cardio workout because it uses all of your muscle groups and you are working out in a low oxygen state, building your endurance.

I'd recommend watching YouTube for proper swimming form, which will make it more enjoyable and more productive. Buy some cheap goggles. Don't worry about other gear besides a swimsuit... It's pointless at your level. I would rather swim than run any day.

I am unironically considering this too. Do you have a routine worked out yet?

What do I do to protect my hair? I love my hair and always get complimented on it but I love swimming so much...

No routine yet but im just trying to find a way to lift and become stronger while still not putting too much focus on biceps or somethings as i think specialization in terms of muscle looks weird aka the guy who skips leg day

If you wash your hair properly annd use conditioner it shouul be ok. Towel and air dry it. Wear a swimming cap too, it'll help keep your dry and relatively chlorine free. A shower cap could work too but I wouldn't recommend going out in public with it.

inb4 deleted

It’s non impact cardio so it can be used on rest days or in place of running if you’re joints are hurting or anything like that.
Overall a good cardio exercise

You mean take conditioner to the gym with me and use immediately after I shower when I'm done swimming? I used to swim a lot and never considered that.

does anyone else feel like swimmers are kinda blubbery? might have to do with fat being buoyant

Attached: 41w29yxge3sz.jpg (340x340, 24K)

My schools swim team had a girl that was boogie2988 level fat and she still did relatively okay on actual races. (apparently the conditioning would destroy her tho.) what surprised me is that she actually made it into the varsity team

What's a good distance to shoot for per workout?

Dammit, they’re fixing the pool at my gym. Can’t swim there till next Wed.

500m

>concerned about pool chemicals in hair
>ok with noseberg inc hair care products
kek

that doesnt surprise me at all, youre right the chubby girls were fast af in the water. the only good water polo girls are big too

GOAT cardio.

Really? That's not even half a mile

What's a good swimming routine and how can I incorporate it into my workouts?

Attached: 1543199377882.jpg (1198x854, 66K)

Convenient if you are reluctant to rope. Just sink to the bottom of the pool and your troubles will be over in a couple of minutes.

Swim in a lake. Dont wash your hair. One of the best parts of summer for me is biking 15km to a nearby lake and swimming on the weekend mornings.

go in the pool and swim until you are very tired
catch your breath and do it again
do it like 5 times
then sit in sauna

Swimming 50m is the equivalent of sprinting 200m.

>give it to me what are the benefits to this cardio type

>run
>get hot
>get tired
>Body sweats to cool you down.
>sweat is 20% effective

>swim
>get hot
>get tired
>Body sweats to cool you down.
>already 100% submerged in water.
>water 100% effective.

Tl;dr you can burn more calories because swimming is the only exercise that actively helps you exercise. But you still gotta have an acceptable level of cardio or else your landwhale ass is like a elephant having a seizure.

Attached: 1509315124097.jpg (1920x960, 906K)

That would depend on your swimming pace. Also, 200m isn't enough for one sprinting workout anyway.

start with 10x100m with 200 warm up and cool down

Cardio is gay. Swimming is one of the best recreational activities on earth. Enjoy it before you die.

Swimming has gotten me:
>huge traps
>defined back
>broad shoulders
>thick neck
>lean no matter how much garbage I eat
Although I've been swimming since childhood.

Are there any actual benefits or drawbacks on going to the sauna regularly? I am going 3 times a week after my workout and it feels great, I have no idea what impact it has on me though.

neither is 50m tho?????? that's only 1 lap