I think we should make a small rural community for robots (only males of course...

I think we should make a small rural community for robots (only males of course, women are thrash) in the US and we help each other out.

Attached: typical-fisherman-school-peggy-s-cove-nova-scotia-june-peggy-s-cove-small-rural-community-located-ea (1300x951, 257K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zillow.com/homedetails/943-High-Ave-NW-Canton-OH-44703/111648469_zpid/?fullpage=true
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's been floated many times before. The plan is just not in place and there's very little real support both financially and interest.

My advice is to do it yourself and once you have it stable, invite others.

Nah, I'd only go for a rural community in the Finland where I could make kantele instruments in peace.

Attached: 1475599401460.jpg (800x733, 99K)

1) Robots are lazy
2) Most Robots don't have any capital to get land or assemble farm infrastructure
3) Lazy NEET robots will sap the resources from whatever farm productive robots will create
4) The Robots able to get a farming community together do not need nor want lazy NEETs sucking up the products of their work
5) Some individual has to pony up the dough to get anything like this actually started
6) Any Robot able to get something like this going probably also wants to be free from a group of misogynists telling him he can't keep a girlfriend around the place when he manages to find one.

it's a fantasy. Probably a comfy fantasy, but let's not forget that this will never happen.

How much money would I fucking need to buy a big amount of land in some rural place in the US?

I don't think it would be as comfy as it sounds. Most people would be too lazy to do basic house cleaning & hygiene tasks. Every other week we'd wake up and realize some dude offed himself. Alcoholics and junkies would cause drama and destruction. A few people would end up taking on all the responsibilities and payments while the majority would leech. Doesn't sound very comfy.

What if everyone had to earn their keep or they'd be kicked out?

I've been doing a lot of homework around this stuff. After sending out mailers and talking with land owners trying to figure this exact question out, the absolute lowest price I've found was when you contact owners who don't live in the area and owe some taxes. In some cases, if you pay off their taxes, they would even let you have the land for free. The lowest all-in price I've received is $100, but the land was behind another lot and wasn't very big. Enough for a trailer, but that's about it.

Doing more homework, though, I've found that the biggest expense is all of the other necessities. If you're truly off-grid, even something like water can be expensive. And most off-gridders still have at least a part-time job and their "farm" is just a hobby, an enjoyable activity that supplements their food budget.

And that's the rub. The more remote a plot is, the cheaper it is, but that removes you from normal employment centers. The whole thing really comes down to *income*. If you have a non-job income like something you do online or whatever, that can be the start of things.

So, I'd say, first see what you can do to earn cash online. Do spreadsheets, data entry, or something like that using upwork, etc. Then look for a place to move to. I think it can be done.

obviously it's impossible to have a community of unvetted people from an anonymous vietnamese interpretive dance discussion board show up to a farm and run it. If it would work at all you would need 5ish people really committed to the idea to plan the farm business, find the right piece of land, create some kind of legal entity together, each put up capital, and execute the plan, then interview other robots as potential candidates for very specific roles and duties on the farm. interpersonal skills will be extremely important because everyone has to work together, and one person leeching, assuming they don't get kicked out, would probably be enough to sink the business.

So basically, most robots, no matter how comfy they would consider rural life, are just not cut out for a venture of this kind.

it gets complicated when you let people live where the work is, because you can't just kick someone out if it's their place of residence.

these kinds of threads are my favorite and i would love a community of robots to exist, i just don't think that you're ever going to have someone lay down a significant amount of capital on a project like this.

On the other hand, if Robots moved to a small geographical region and formed a kind of mutual aid society, helping each other get jobs, housing, counselling, and gfs, that would probably be a much more doable solution.

such a location would have to have
>low cost of living
>decent job opportunities
>decent enough public transportation
>okay social services
am i missing anything else?

Rather than building on raw land, I think the best way would be for everyone to pitch in and buy a small apartment block. Quick example (Ohio is actually a pretty decent area to find these in)

zillow.com/homedetails/943-High-Ave-NW-Canton-OH-44703/111648469_zpid/?fullpage=true

The price is really low and it looks like there's mortgage assistance. If a few robots were to get even min wage jobs and help pay into something like this, it would be very inexpensive to live. The mortgage would be only about $100 a month and you'd maybe need a thousand or two to close the deal.

And, once there's more cash in the bank, another would be purchased for rental income. Then another, and another.

Again, though, the main thing is to have some kind of jobs available.

it's a shame the interior absolutely sucks in that house. It would need a lot of TLC.

Certainly a viable approach to get Robots to live together, but what's the gain here if all we're doing is wageslaving ourselves but in a different location?

The house is just an example I pulled randomly.

As for the gain, that's more a question for OP and the proponents of this colony. I've thought that it's just as easy to do it yourself. But I'd imagine they'd say that economies of scale would be pretty good if 4-5 people shared resources in one place.

I'm just trying to share my knowledge since I think the project is interesting and it's a good mental exercise.

I can see if a group of anons wanted to start slumlording, they could buy a house like this, work to cover their expenses and save for the next purchase, and part time on the house to renovate, then move to the next place while renting the renovated one for a higher price and continue, but some skills and commitment would be required.

Though, at the same time, 2-3 anons could get in as business partners and bring 1-2 other anons in as tenants, still work on renovating the house while charging rent, and the tenants wouldn't have to contribute anything extra besides their living expenses.

There's many ways to structure this and even low-skilled but enthusiastic robots could have a chance to contribute since costs will be so low.

And basing the long term plan on real estate, it may be eventually possible to build a self-sustaining colony that has actual wealth.

i'm working on my own real estate plan right now. I bought a house and i know someone I wouldn't mind renting a room to to help pay it off more quickly. After I get it paid off, I could move into another house and rent the whole house full time to people for an income stream. Let their rent pay my mortgage on my next house while still working.

Depending on what your mortgage rate is, you may want to leave the mortgage in place and just buy another when you can. Or, put the extra money in an index fund.

Mortgages are really good debt but once you put extra dollars into it, you will not get those dollars back ever. If you put it into a fund instead, you can access that capital should you need to for emergencies.

It's your call, of course, but I'm in no hurry to pay my mortgage off.

paying it off sooner rather than later means i pay less in interest. Of course I don't want to overextend myself and be broke, and I currently have about 3 months of living expenses saved, and I'm going to accumulate more, probably up to a year, before I go any more aggressive into paying my mortgage.

I don't like the idea of investing money instead of paying off my debt. Index funds would have to do better than the interest rate in order for that to work out in my favor, and I don't trust the market right now. I think a correction is incoming and I'd rather play it safe and pay off my debt.

Once I get the renter in order, I should get my savings up a little bit more quickly.

The other thing is,
We can never quite come to a consensus on what a robot is.
I can see two robots, (non neets) coming together only to hate each other for one thing or another.
If it ever did happen even with like 2-4 robots I bet it would end in murder.

i doubt in real life, the purity testing thing would come up. The whole "you're not a robot ree" thing will be long past by the time anyone decides to get into business with another person.

Carpenter user here ready to offer my services for the community. It'll totally never happen but I really like the idea of buying some large building like an abandoned asylum or something are starting a little dorm thing for all the lonely outcasts. Too bad the US government would deem us a cult though and execute us all

Attached: 1544330036563.jpg (702x527, 119K)

only if we do something illegal user.

if we follow all the rules, and actually make our money on the services we offer and the goods we produce, and not on recruiting people, we'll be good.

Plenty of co-ops and communes exist.

Getting along with a robot here is not the same as real life.
Secondly, I have grown to hate every roommate i ever had.

Help in what, not being sexist?

>try to be landlord
>female applies
>REEEEE
>get sued for housing discrimination
>lose house

You might be right. Honestly this could either be the best idea or worst idea depending on how things go. Best case scenario is we all become better people, everyone contributes, and maybe some of us even create families. Worst case scenario being only a few contribute while others do nothing but neet it up and we end up killing each other. The vetting process would have to be hard, as r9k is a pretty unhealthy mix of nice people that just happen to find themselves with no friends for whatever reason, edgy underages, and actual degenerates

Attached: iowa-road.jpg (720x480, 107K)

we would have to become better people or else fail in the venture, and it would be hard vetting people, just because making a discord and advertising it would bring in discordfags who just wanna talk traps and troll. If someone wants to make a discord, I'll participate because i'm always interested in the planning, and depending on the timetable, might be interested in investing.

I vote we move to Iowa because it is the most comfy state and where I happen to live, so it is most easy for me

another problem

>every user says "let's move where I already live" because nobody actually wants to move
>nobody actually moves

I guess you'd have to vote on it and give reasons why

"most comfy state" is not a valid reason either, that's entirely subjective and fueled by your bias for your own state.

See

I know I was just shitposting. I'll list some actual reasons though
>Low as fuck cost of living
>Good weather
>Lots of empty land
>Good job opportunities if you don't mind long drives
>Especially good for tradefags
>People tend to be pretty nice and accepting
There's barely any public transport though

I would say that one of Indianapolis, Cleveland, Memphis, Omaha or maybe some other cities in the mid-South are decent. These have traditionally been rated as most "bang for the buck" financially for mid-level workers from a cost-of-living, tax, and salary POV.

I'm not crazy about being too far north, though, since cold weather is never a positive, so that would eliminate Cleveland at least.

Memphis sounds pretty cool, but we'd have to lay out a spreadsheet of different areas.

I don't think we'd be looking for a city though, but rather a rural area maybe within 25 miles of a city

Okay so who is making this commune Discord and actually leading this shit. I expect nothing but to see some steps taken would be cool

Again, it depends on the goals. If it's even just 10 miles outside of the city, all the members would have to drive that into town to work.

But, yes, Memphis is a fun city with great BBQ. Been there a few times already.

I will participate but I have neither the time nor desire to lead. I have lots of other stuff to do.

>Discord
that's how these always die

>thread 404s
>make another thread
>no progress made, start again from scratch
>no kinship built between anons, required to have core venture partners agree to invest themselves in the project
>dies

what else do you propose?

There was an active discord about 6 months ago but again it was just talk like we're doing here. I think it would be fun to dump some cash into it and see what happens, but I don't want to have lawsuits or other shit happen if things were to go horribly wrong.

Plus, I wouldn't be moving in, so I'd feel like the interloper / fall-guy

I think that the community should have a share religion and the ethics that come with it, like a monastic order, and we will address each other as brothers.

Attached: st-luke-the-apostle-1909.jpg (500x499, 37K)

hard pass on anything of this kind.