Go to gym for 3 years

>go to gym for 3 years
>lift the same weight as when I started

Attached: 1546463878286.jpg (818x1080, 188K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2Nxct9Sqdn4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Try lifting even less weight, go backwards.

I'm hitting a wall. I can do my whole routine at a particular weight, but increase it just a little bit and I can't get through it anymore.

Add more exercises then.

I tried this too, weight capacity still isn't going up.

OP you dense motherfucker, you won't be able to lift more unless you actually lift more. Add weight and lift. Keep lifting until you can do all your exercises with your new weight.
Add more weight and repeat.

If you can't even add 5 pounds to your weights, clearly you must be doing something wrong with your routine. You can tell when it's time to add some weight when you can lift your current weight without effort.

I can lift my weight with some effort, but still clearly complete the entire workout. Add 10 pounds and I can't finish a set.

you are supposed to lift weights while you're there

Yes that's what I've been doing.
>go to gym
>lift X weight
>come back next session
>try to lift X weight + a bit more
>can't

I have the same exact problem. I honestly believe that it does not matter. Youtubers keep repeating that weight equals size, but I know many guys that got fairly jacked pushing light weight. It all comes down to diet and hypertrophy.

I had the same problem. Turns out I have testosterone levels of an 80 year old man. TRT is my only hope.

its bcuz of low testosterone its same for me too

How much do you eat and what are your lifts?

I eat a mild calorie deficit of 1700 calories daily, I squat 85 pounds and bench 105 pounds.

Change your routine then. Instead of focusing on weight, focus on speed. Lift lower weights but put a timer on it and steadily increase the max number of repetitions you can do within set time. Then go back to heavier weights again.

Eat less and only drink water.

>go to the gym
>lift weights
>go back home
>eat at caloric surplus
>get decent amount of sleep
>repeat
this is how you gain muscle and strength

If this is really you you need to eat a caloric surplus or youll get no gains ever. Start eating 500 kcal above tdee and then do a beginner program like greyskull and go up each workout

Have you been eating right? I had this problem for several months then I realized I was eating like 1000 calories a day.

I can't afford to eat a calorie surplus I'm already overweight at 25% bodyfat.

How long have you been on the surplus for? If it is the whole three years that makes zero sense

>Add 10 pounds and I can't finish a set.
Good.
Keep doing it until you actually can finish.

No, being serious, you're fucking up somewhere.
You should come to a point that you get comfortable with the current weight and can increase without too much effort.
Unless you're already lifting heavy and you actually reached your limit, which doesn't seem likely.

I'm in a similar spot, really fucking frustrating
I was stuck on the wall for the longest time and I wasnt even slimming down much (keto for a month, deficit) nor gaining much in lifts
Maintained but nothing changes, I plateud within a month while I continued lifting for a year
Are you skinnyfat?

I haven't been on a surplus, not an intentional one. I'm fat.
It's a little more complex than that. Like I'll get relatively comfortable with a particular weight, I'll have done that weight for the last few sessions, but still unable to move up to the next weight.

>are you skinnyfat?

I don't really know? Like I have broad shoulders and big quads, and no ass, like my pants fall down even with a tight belt. I'm more like an asymmetrical monsterman with some things big some things small.

Bet the issue is one of the below
>not keeping lifts between 70-90% of rep max and under or over working
>not formally tracking progress
>past novice stage but not using periodization
>not sleeping, having recover days, and not deload every few weeks

Youre also adding too much. Just add like 2.5 pounds or 5 if they dont have 1.25 plates. Youre like middle school girl tier weak so you will make strength gains for a while even on your deficit. Id recommend going and reading the Jow Forums sticky too since you clearly dont know what you are doing and are just wasting your time

Also pic related is a decent beginning program that lays out weight progression. You can do it breh believe in the me who believes in you

Attached: E3564CD4-D255-48B7-8577-F53E8CBCAA18.png (243x208, 77K)

I freeze my testicles. It works great. Results show up quicker and I get the side effects such as irritability, being really horny, excessive coughing.
You should try it sometime. Either by using an ice pack or running your balls under ice cold water in the bath tub faucet.

Yikes my bad thumbnail

Attached: 1EF6EE9A-FDC1-4001-946D-AFB82CB3FB19.png (700x600, 32K)

You need to eat and sleep more.

My wife (lol you faggot) has the same issue. Literally any amount of muscle pain at all is "danger" to her and she stops progressing because of it.

OP, stop being a faggot. Push yourself, it's going to sting a bit. Stop being a cuck. Also, eat a fuck toe more protein. I needed to to get past 315 on my benchpress. You might be so cucked that you're not getting enough to build anything.

>I can lift my weight with some effort, but still clearly complete the entire workout
If you can clearly complete the workout that's bad. If you want to make gains, your intensity should be high. The last few reps of your last few set should be absolutely exhausting that you can barely make it through and you have to put every fiber of your being to move the weight. Don't rest so long between sets, get a timer on your phone and set it for 30 seconds between sets. Intensity is the key, along with good food and good sleep.
>Add 10 pounds and I can't finish a set.
Then lower the reps for that set. The number of reps and sets you do, don't need to be the same just because you want to do the same number you did at a lower weight. That's counterintuitive. Also make sure your form is good for your lifts.

I've read the Jow Forums sticky multiple times it's their plan I'm following.

>married guys who bench 315 browse Jow Forums
Why though

No like I physically can't do it it's like the neurons aren't even firing

You dummy just do double progression, if you can do 85lbs 3x5 then do 90 at 3x3 or 3x4 and your reps will increase, when you can do 3x5 then go up and do it again

Just lift body weight. When you lift body weight you can't get injured and just go for reps. You'll keep gaining functional strength the more you lift. No need to lift weights when your body is your gym.

No I mean I can't do the new weight period. I can do 85lb 5x5 and then when I go up to 95 I can't do more than 4 reps. Not 4 reps per set I mean total.

Well then you are brain dead and comprehended it improperly. Unless you have some bizarre disease Ive never heard of or cancer or something you are not following the sticky. Ill break it down into three steps though since you probably wont bother.

>eat .8g protein per pound body weight
>follow the program I posted above for lifting
>eat 400kcal below maintenance until you feel comfortable enough to start bulking and then eat 400kcal over
It is fucking simple my dude.

This guy is a total retard honestly, no point even trying anymore. He just keeps saying "no i can't do it". He's like one of those skinny guys who says "i cant gain muscle muh metabolism" even though they train like shit and eat like shit.

Dont go up 10 pounds retard just add 2.5 or 5

THAT IS WHAT HE IS SAYING YOU FUCKING RETARD JUST DO LESS REPS AT HIGHER WEIGHT. DO 3 REPS AT 95 IF YOU CAN ONLY DO 3. HOLY FUCK YOURE BRAIN DEAD

Okay I'll try 5 since we don't have 1.25 plates at my gym.

Try adding another set or more volume then at 85. You are obessed with 5x5, but you literally said you can clearly complete your workout. Do 5x7 with 85 or do 8x3. Mix it up and go harder you pansy. youtube.com/watch?v=2Nxct9Sqdn4

>follow the program I posted above for lifting
Okay I was following the ABA BAB 5x5 workout that Jow Forums's sticky outlined instead so maybe I'll try this one.

Good user. Make sure you read the whole program too its not even that long. It will tell you how much weight to add every workout and what to do if you fail your set.

Because I have
>zero friends
>introvert hobbies
>hate reddit/facebook/discord/other social outlets
>fags like this are entertaining to yell at, because I've been working out for almost 10 years
>sometimes robots actually need real help, not trolls or other robots and I like it here because I've been here almost as long as I've been working out.

Just life. Not everyone's cut out to be a normie and some of us are comfortable with where we ended up. Bit solitary but I'm happy with it.

You really need to get the diet down. I hit a plateau where I couldn't add another 5 to each end. Was confused as fuck, tried to push myself and hurt myself occasionally until I added half a cup of protein to my already intake. Also, work out back and other assisting muscles as that will help. If you're talking about adding 10 lbs to 50, it's going to be hard as fuck. 10 to 100, not so much. Try adding the smallest you can for a week, then going up. You're doing at least 5x5, right?

Imagine hitting the gym but your way takes three years.

>Imagine thinking gym isn't a lifestyle change

three years is nothing. It's strange that he hasn't progressed, but he's obviously got the will for it.

>you're doing at least 5x5 right
Yeah up until now I'd been doing the 5x5 ABA BAB that the Jow Forums sticky outlined but I guess I was doing it wrong, I'm very dumb and have trouble following along.

I have been doing a high lean protein diet with a 350 kcal deficit.

I'll try too but I have trouble reading these things.

>this guy is a total retard honestly
Yeah I know retard that's why I'm asking for help

You will make it user keep up the good attitude

Thanks user, it's hard to keep going. I can tell I;m going to have a little trouble with the new regimen posted in this thread because I can't go up by 2.5 for the upper body weights, but I'll try it.

They sell fractional plates.

You can also use weighted holds to trick your brain into allowing slightly higher weight. Just don't abuse it. E.g., reps at 80lbs, weighted hold at 95lbs, deload and reps at 85 lbs.

And I'm still at the point where my strength will increase despite eating a calorie deficit in order to lose body fat?

He doesn't inject

Attached: teehee.png (449x401, 490K)

Stick a butt plug in your ass. When you do the lifts you're struggling with, turn up the vibration to max. It helps you blow through the lift.

Yeah mate 85 pounds youre still good

Is it fucked up that my bench is stronger than my squat?

That would only be a problem if your lifts were higher. They are all so baby tier it is probably just a result of where you started so nothing to worry about. With that program you add more weight to lower body than upper per week so you will eventually balance out nothing to worry about

literally just eat more. like just fucking eat more. it's not rocket science. give your body an energy surplus, lift, and it automatically will do the rest

I am about to go to sleep but I have to congirm this! EAT MORE FOOD OP. Especially you need to load yourself with carbs 2-3 hours before training session. You will see the magic.

Even if I'm trying to lose weight?