Home gym General

Sup Jow Forums let’s have a homegym discussion.
Post your stuff, r8, ask other anons what you need, what you want.
Here’s my humble setup:
I have roughly 21’ length x 10’ width x 8’ height to work with while my car isn’t parked in here.
Just ordered some 55# bumpers and some 15# bumpers and a deadlift jack. Next thing I need to do is build a proper deadlift platform. I had the spendies yesterday and almost ordered one, but I could easily build one for pretty cheap.
Gonna try to sell some of my iron plates on Craigslist since I don’t use them anymore after getting these bumpers. Also might get a hex bar down the line.

Attached: 6C07B4FA-FFF4-45CA-9AFF-E484E9F4A16D.jpg (3436x2992, 2.91M)

Other urls found in this thread:

roguefitness.com/rogue-28-5-mm-boneyard-bars
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Home gym Masterrace, im going to get 2 Atlas stones this weekend.

Attached: 4924c181-8974-4790-bc2a-93874f2de59c.jpg (1600x1200, 201K)

Looking good brother, those floor mats look sturdy af

I need a good quality, sturdy bench. Got any suggestions? Preferably not ridiculously expensive.

Getting my cable machine delivered today. Now I'm just a sauna short of everything I used to have at the gym.

Attached: 20190326_184241.jpg (3264x2448, 2.07M)

The fitness reality one in my OP is $90 and pretty shitty. I’ve had it for about a year and the stitching is coming apart. It also tapers at the head which gives you less neck stability. It’s by far worth it to pay for the rogue flat bench, or at least shop around used to see if you can get something with standard dimensions. I’ve almost tipped this one over before.

I've got those same dumbbells

Yeah they're not great but with the limited space they get the job done.

These are the 52.5s so I can't use them for rows or heavy db presses. In a perfect world I'd have a full rack of dumbbells

Thanks, I’m gonna keep that in mind and probably look for something used.

What do I need to look for when buying a barbell?

I'm looking at building a platform for my cage. That's the next addition to my gym.

Vulcan flat bench is $180 if you're in USA.

Rep fitness flat bench

Do you guys miss having a cable machine?
I want a home gym in the future but I like using the cables, and I never see home gyms with them.

Attached: 1553954574811.jpg (1200x900, 282K)

I would budget at least $300 USD for a good one. I bought a shitty $100 one and it bent after having 2 pl8 on it.
Rogue makes extremely good barbells. If you’re going to be doing general strength training with it, you can’t go wrong with their 2.0 bar, their Ohio bar, or any other bar with some whip.

What was the weight capacity for the barbell you bought for 100$?

Spent 800$ on my home gym, power rack that can hold up to 800lbs, 545lbs worth of plates, barbell that can hold up to 1000lbs, heavy duty bench that can hold up to 660lbs, and belt for weighted pull ups, which can hold up to 300lbs, feel so good right now showing off

Got a great deal on some hardwood platform and multiple rubber mats earlier this week.
What bar do you guys recommend for home gym use? I was thinking about the Rogue Ohio Powerbar, but it's quite expensive.

You can buy attachments for most power cages that have the cable pully system. You can even buy a cheap universal system that attaches to the cage with straps.

How is the quality with these cable systems in general? There are some quite cheap cages with cables available here. What about cheaper power racks or cages?

I read before that you shouldn't cheap out on the barbell, but the rest isn't as important. Is this true?

I only have a benchpress rack at home, along with some freeweights and a pull-up bar. Almost no one uses the local powerlifting gym, so I have the place to myself most of the time.

Attached: gym.jpg (3264x1836, 633K)

Nice olympian gym you got there

I don’t think it was even listed. It’s been like 8 years since I bought it. Can’t even remember the brand name. Sorry man

Those Eleiko plates are expensive af. You’ve got a sweet setup if you have that to yourself

Konkurrer du?

I tried looking around for a second hand home gym equipment but man it's a pain. Not only is everyone a dyel so every "complete" home gym comes with under 100kg of weight including the bars, people also are asking ridiculous prices to the point where it's legit cheaper to just buy everything new. Like, they're selling for cheaper than whatever the overpriced garbage they have sells for, but more than decent budget weights cost.

Sometimes I wish I lived in the US, you seem to have a solid second hand market for this stuff.

I live in the UK and finally found a bloke with loads of serious second hand equipment he just buys and sells but at first I got everything from strengthshop.

Does this bloke have a website?

If you want to go with Rogue and save some cash you can look at their boneyard bars which have cosmetic issues. You can find some a little under $200.

roguefitness.com/rogue-28-5-mm-boneyard-bars

I'll be competing for the first time this summer, so technically no.

Thank you.

They are expensive indeed, and a huge step up from where I first started working out (at a fitness center with only two half-racks shared by tons of DYELS, including me).

Attached: gym2.jpg (2048x1152, 302K)

Hvordan har du råd til det setup i Norge?

>t. sydlig kartoffeltalende broder

This isn't my personal gym, technically, but it's a local powerlifting gym that has been more or less abandoned. It shares the same building as a more successful boxing club, which is how they manage to stay open.
This means that most of the time I have this entire place to myself.

In this picture you can barely make out the free weights area to the right, furthest back.

Attached: gym3.jpg (3264x1836, 670K)

Are there any workout plans/routines I can do with only one of those multi-function machines? I got pic related as a gift, but I wasn't too big into working out prior. Not too sure about what I should be trying to do with it.

Attached: 71T%2B%2BIwMJLL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 132K)

>I got pic related as a gift
how far did you let your body go that someone actually thought this is an acceptable gift idea

lmao poorfag

I've not got one but I've been researching them as I'm hoping it's my next purchase. The official ones that are designed for specific racks look legit. The strap ones not so much but I think they are safe.

it's not about the price, it's about giving someone a massive hunk of metal they might not even use. It's a ridiculously inconsiderate gift for anyone who isn't either a landwhale or a hungry skeleton.

Newbie here with cheap equipment, but it's good for now. The only thing that worries me is lack of safety bar like in those power racks.

Attached: IMG_20190416_182003.jpg (3036x4048, 2.59M)

If this wasn't a 1/2 hour drive away i'd totally train there, but i'd probably just cramp your style

You're not going to be benching enough to where you can't roll of shame it for a while, and it's safer for squats, so you're good as it is.

Other than having carpet that's basically black, who the hell though this was a good idea?

The carpet is temporary. Underneath it is cement. This was an empty, unfinished room before.

I'm a skeleton that's mentioned I'd like to work out before because I have some health problems but didn't want to go to a gym or anything like that. I'm honestly pretty happy with it as a surprise.

But I'm still not sure what to do as far as a plan goes. It has a lot of exercises but the main thing it seems to be missing are deadlifts.

90% of people in the world who work out don't deadlift. If you can somehow rig the lower cable to squat you'll be fine.

My style is best described as nearly dying when I try to do a 1RM squat, so please join! This place is so dead and I wouldn't mind seeing other people from time to time.

This is my homegym, the pic is from december 2018 tho. Was still too lazy to hang up the monkeybars... So nothing has changed.

Attached: IMG_20190419_000145_217.jpg (1280x476, 74K)

That's actually a great setup, user. You're not really lacking anything, except maybe a deadlift platform.

Thanks, i love my gym as well. I abuse these thick pillows to drop the weight on, I love the obnoxiously loud smashing on the concrete.

Thinking to build a homegym in my garage, but dont have a heater there. So how do you manage winter? Do i just man up?

Y'all gotta get in on building your own rack.

Attached: 20140617_123638.jpg (3264x2448, 2.73M)

Lives in a nice ass upper middle class house.

Spends money on lawn obviously.

Cheaps out and builds a fucking rack from wood...

wtf user

>local upscale homosexual decapitates himself in home made contraption

So your goal is to make your suicide look like an accident to con insurance?

How do I turn loneliness into gains fuel?
Help a bro out.

Attached: sad woj.gif (74x90, 24K)

It's still a work in progress but I have most of what I need now. just a plate tree and some paint on the walls and I think it will be good to go. Although I would like to put some new windows in eventually

Attached: 20190322_123903.jpg (4032x3024, 3.11M)

I am so envious of you guys with spare rooms and garages. fuckin tiny ass household I'm pretty sure would break if I deadlift more than 150. I'd probably fall right through the floor.

Lookin good bro