Do men look better at higher bf% ?

Seriously though. If you're an average guy that isn't concerned about standing on a stage looking ripped for 10 min in front of a camera, why should we seriously cut? Obviously don't be obese, but wouldn't you rather look big in your clothes?

Is bearmode actually peak male aesthetics?

Attached: bear mode.jpg (450x600, 77K)

>Do men look better at higher bf%

No, unless you have a serious amount of muscle mass. Even then anything over 15-18% (depending on fat storage and distribution genetics) is pointless. Like the guy in your pic for example. He looks like shit. If you can't bench at least 400, squat 500 and deadlift 600 forget about it.

Attached: 3274660911_47bca28771.jpg (375x500, 94K)

>he looks like shit
He really doesn't though.

If believing that helps you cope then go on.

You do realize that looks are completely subjective right? Same how some prefer skinny girls vs fat girls.

>why should we seriously cut?
No reason to honestly.
The natural "limit" shoots way up if you're not concerned with pointlessly cutting and ruining your gains every 3-4 months. You can sit comfortable 200lbs+ at around 15-20% bf, be strong, look good, and feel great.

>look good
Until you have to go to the beach or pool.

>Same how some prefer skinny girls vs fat girls.
Most people prefer skinny girls.

Honestly, you shouldn't give a fuck. Most guys don't even lift so you're going to automatically mog most men is you're 200+ and don't have a bear gut. I still think that being leaner is better as far as aesthetics are concerned but if you don't care about that then go fo it.

Definition looks good, and aside from that being lean is also better for your health and for athletic performance. No need to be sub 10% if you don’t want to be, but being below 15% bodyfat is good. Testosterone is also impacted by bodyfat percentage, 10-12% is apparently optimal for men

Attached: FDDE2F43-BC30-4F09-BA50-D52CA1E4AC7D.jpg (703x862, 89K)

Do you pity fat women who post about how beautiful they are?

Cause I've got bad news for you...

Post body

15% with appreciable musclemass looks plenty better than average

>Testosterone is also impacted by bodyfat percentage, 10-12% is apparently optimal for men

Maybe, but higher bf% makes your body produce more IGF-1 so that's worth noting too. If all you care about is raw mass and strength a higher bf% is overall more beneficial.

Would look much better with 10-13%

>cutting and ruining your gains every 3-4 months
Honestly this. I'm not trying to cope, but everytime i go on a serious cut i feel and look like absolute shit. Yeah i may get visible definition when i take my shirt off, but in day to day life i just look like a fucking dyel.

What kind of retarded argument is that? Were talking about muscle mass on men.

Yeah that is true. In this case, for an average guy as OP said, it’s probably a combination of strength, mass, athleticism, aesthetics and health that matter, as well as being able to enjoy eating and life in general. For a guy like that being 12% or so is a pretty good compromise, the extra 10% of strength he would get from being at 20% bodyfat won’t help his sense of well being as much as being fatter will decrease it

Attached: 1D084C93-D4BB-4CA6-89C2-58E14DC78440.jpg (578x711, 64K)

Depends on his goals. I'm currently 228lbs at 16-18% (still have some slight ab definition) and I feel great. I'm more interested in improving my lifts than chasing ass right now, though I have a loving gf so maybe that's why.

natties should stay around 15% bf, roiders should stay 8-10%.
Being lean/leanthicc is better than bearmode in most ways.
>more angular face
>more defined muscles
>healthier for heart, tendons, knees, etc.
>lower estrogen and higher test (within reason, natties will kill their test if they go below 10% ish bodyfat)
>higher athletic performance
>generally higher quality of life.
Honestly, the biggest benefit of being fatter is that you are less prone to injuries. The strength boost of being fat is also nice, but other than that being lean is superior in every way

>within reason, natties will kill their test if they go below 10% ish bodyfat
This is true. When i used to cut hard to get "muh sixpack" i felt like shit. It truely isn't worth it. You should never cut like a pro bodybuilder, because they're all on gear anyway.

>You can sit comfortable 200lbs+ at around 15-20% bf
maybe when you're manlet tier. i'm 6'4", 18%bf and weight 220lbs and i just look dyel fat.

That's because you're still a newb. A 6'4 guy who has been lifting consistently, eating right and getting enough rest for 5+ years can easily be 240-250 at 15%.

You should build some actual muscle first though then complain about what your weight looks like at a certain height.
Btw no one feels pity for you dude? 6'4 might be hard to put on muscle but the rest of life is easy mode

No, he looks like shit and would look even shittier shirtless.

Yes he does stop lying to yourself.

This guy cant even wipe his own asshole. Why would i wanna look like that?

>stop liking things i don't like

Attached: strongman physique.jpg (300x560, 33K)

Dude, are you blind? The strongman has about 100lbs of lean muscle on the guy in the OP. If you're that jacked you can be at any bf% you like.

real men should be above 300lbs

>ITT fat fuck cope

Attached: 1515186511560.jpg (2448x3264, 930K)

How do i successfully cut while attaining my mass, based Chad?

Every time i try i end up looking like a dyel.

Mirin

You can't lose that much muscle mass while cutting, even if you cut poorly. As long as you eat something that isn't 90% sugar all the time and lift you won't lose enough muscles to go from buff to dyel. It just means that you were dyel from the start

the camera angle can't hide your manletism

For natties, up to a point. You ought to be lean enough for a flat stomach, but past that has diminishing returns since you can't be lean and jacked.

Can this be achieved natty

no

yes it can, the guy that told you no is either fat or doesnt lift

Quints don’t lie

Came to realize this too.
Dont ask fit for role models tho, its either dead roiders or soon-to-be-dead roiders for this board

The problem with low fat% is that it could make you look older. Wronkles would be more defined/visible, dark circles under eyes. Cheekbones make your face defined but idk; it's like they hollow out your eyes. Your nose, if big/weird would also be more defined. At least you get a nice jaw. I literally thought I was cursed with a double chin/sagging under the jaw in high school until I lost that weight.

T. Went from chubby/fat to skinnyfag.

Personally I enjoy being in the 12-15% range during the majority of the year. Its not going to hinder strength gains, you can for the most part eat what you want unless your a total fatass, and its an easy range to cut to 2-3 months out if you want to look good.

Bearmode is pushing it. Somewhere between bearmode is perfect

>If all you care about is raw mass then being fat is better

Yep.

You'll look bigger at lower bf, even with some fullness loss
Of course looking lean + full is the preserve of roiders and the odd genetic freak
But yerh staying around 12% bodyfat is ideal for aesthetics, and by 12% I mean actually 12% not guesstimating you look 12% in a certain light

>looks are subjective
Looks may be subjective, but the elephant man is still ugly and fat is still unattractive

Yerh you can get away with that level of bodyfat if you take copious amounts of roids and train hours every day
Something tells me this isnt anyone in this thread

>thinking someone with 200lbs of lean muscle mass and 80lbs of fat is the same as a dude who has 100lbs of muscle mass and 80 of fat
No

truth, I always wanted that strongman look. But reality is unless you have muscle out the ass and are strong as fuck you'll look like a fat larper. Reminder to everyone here, your not a bodybuilder, a strongman, or a powerlifter you're just a fat dude who happens to lift weights.

Get lean than bulk reaaaal slow, if you end up looking dyel your "muscle" is just fat and glycogen.