/fast/ #415 Coffee is OK edition

FAQ
/fast/ discord
>discord.gg/dknZqPb
What is /fast/?
>Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

Why should I fast?
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11147801
>idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
>youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

How do I safely do an extended fast?
>Take snake juice, or just supplement electrolytes.
>Water=2L
>Potassium chloride =1 tsp (No Salt)
>Sodium chloride = 1/2 tsp (Himalayan Pink Salt)
>Sodium Bicarbonate = 1 tsp (Baking Soda)
>Magnesium Sulphate = 1/2 tsp (Food Grade Epsom Salts)
>Mix these in 2L of water and sip it throughout the day.
>[OPTIONAL] 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar and 4 tbsp lemon juice. DO NOT MIX with snake juice, drink separately.
>You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

Won’t I go into starvation mode?
>No. The mainstream definition of starvation mode is a myth. Read the FAQ linked below for more information.

Will (something with calories) break my fast?
>Yes.

Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
>You can do whatever the fuck you want. We recommend avoiding those, sweeteners especially.

Do I need a multivitamin?
>No

Prolonged fast FAQ: fast.fandom.com/wiki/FAST_FAQ

losertown.org/eats/cal.php

Attached: 1548243270892.png (650x450, 128K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PMmXw9gwd5g
m.youtube.com/watch?v=sUOT36hC2bk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-fkv1Dkh-Ls
m.youtube.com/watch?v=2vz_U8kxDlg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I mixed with snake juice to see what its like and holy shit i feel awful wtf did i do

I CAN DO IT BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Attached: 1.png (383x508, 408K)

Attached: 2.png (382x508, 357K)

Attached: 3.png (383x508, 276K)

Fuck everyone who has energy fasting. Been keto for over 4 months now, on my third fast since March.
First was 5 days, then 3 and now doing a 7 day one.

I always get low energy, sometimes difficulty concentrating. Fuck.

yeah i usually need to take a nap when i get home if i'm 2+ days in

based

>keto
retard

elaborate

My only guess is that he was calling that guy a retard for being in ketosis without fasting.

youtube.com/watch?v=PMmXw9gwd5g

Do i start my fast from when i last ate? thats what ive done the last 2 times but it seemed really easy.. i only did 48 hour ones tho. I'm thinking of doing my first 72 hour fast now.

Yea the fast starts when you stop eating.

Why is my head and face always so hot when I fast?

how long into the fast?
have you stopped any addictive substances with the fast? Like caffine or simple sugar?

44 hours and yes to both

>Has only done 3 fasts

Recently, yeah these are my only 24+ hours ones. I've been fasting since 2013 tho, fuck off.

48 hrs in
hungry
gonna break my fast when I see my gran later

I'd guess it's because of withdrawls then, push to 72 hours and see if you still feel it. Google your problems away if you still do.

Yeah, I hate it. I've been able to fall asleep fine at night, but I always wake up pretty tired.

Do you two drink coffee on your fast?

Focus on healthy eating habits :)

Guys is fasting still good if you're already slightly low bf? pic related but i'm flexing in it, when im not flexing i have too much pectoral / lower belly fat and i'd like to lose it. would a fast be the most efficient way to do this? or should i just do a normal high protein caloric deficit?

Attached: 2-4-19 2.jpg (1398x2688, 286K)

just farted and a load of water fatty stuff same out
what the fuck
thank God I'm at home on my own
nobody warned me about this

just wait till you shit worms

Nope, fuck coffee. Everytime I go back to drinking it I get highly addicted, gives me way too much anxiety and makes my sleep terrible. Plus my withdrawals are nausea inducing migraines for a week.

I can snort coke with moderation but can't drink coffee without becoming addicted. That shit is not for me.

>Nobody told me epsom salts are a laxative

Dude this shit is so far off of fucking mainstream dietary recommendations.

I've got about 7k words written so far on a blog that I'll be posting here on 01 June when I finish my challenge alive and then there will be plenty of documented information for you.

It'll probably be around 15-20k words over about three posts so hope you can wait.

take an enema

Attached: not as pleasant as it seems.jpg (720x300, 42K)

Nobody wants to read your fucking book. If you have anything useful to say then make a bulleted list.

Try fasting one or two of the days you take off working out or are doing light cardio a week.

>I can speak for the majority of human populaiton because I'm a brain damaget autist that think's there's literally nothing to just simply not eating for insane amounts of time

ohkay buddy.

Give us a taste faggot

I now think normal people are retarded for eating 3 meals a day, every day, especially if they're fat.

Because they are.

Society as a whole has been brainwashed. It's practically impossible to stay lean and eat three meals a day without calorie counting like an autist

what the fuck is wrong with you fatty

i eat 5 times a day, count calories literally never and have no problem staying lean

No, coffe is not ok, what did you learn from snake man?

Adenosine receptors cunt

m.youtube.com/watch?v=sUOT36hC2bk

m.youtube.com/watch?v=-fkv1Dkh-Ls

You're just addicts trying to rationalize your vices

"I just couldn’t fathom this particular fella purposely lying to people based on the simple fact that he was so audacious as to actually think that writing in all caps as a form of self-identification was some kind of forgiveable offense on the internet any year after the new millenium provided he had some actual story to tell."

> Dude this shit is so far off of fucking mainstream dietary recommendations.

Because mainstream dietary recommendations are working wonders aren't they you fucking cunt? Spiking your insulin the whole fucking day to "maintain blood sugar leves stable" will do wonders for your health ain't it mate?

It's undigested fat, that's normal and expected since you never fasted before to use so much bodyfat in a day

Fuck, watch the snake diet channel videos for fuck sake

t. 18 year old

Your first fast should be a 48 hour one fatty, followed by a 72

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2vz_U8kxDlg

> The art of wasting the readers time addressing no arguments whatsoever

I'm 13% body fat

Once you're above the age of 25 you'll understand what I'm talking about

food - review

he wasn't saying mainstream dietary recommendations are better you fucking incoherent spic, he was saying that of course you haven't heard about it because mainstream dietary recommendations suck cock almost as much as your mom does

>listening to a retard leaf DYEL who unironically paints his nails

I don't owe you jack shit. I also don't owe you 20,000 words as if whether or not I publish them hinges whatsoever on your approval .. which it doesn't at all so whether you like it or not there will be 20000 more useful words then you've ever written in your entire life on a blog and I'll share it on 01 June.

The fact that I was nice enough to give you a quote from it to prove that it existed before I share it here is explicitly because there is no verifiable level of trust shared between myself and you.

Now get lost I'm done with you for a month or two.

wait and so what is superior to eating 3 meals per day? are you recommending 1 meal a day? or are you just talking about fasting every now and then?

I just realized I ate a heap of protein and fat for my OMAD, but almost zero fiber yesterday.

Weighing up if I should brave the toilet later or just kms.

Attached: 1482620631668.gif (635x457, 1.52M)

Never tried it no

I'm very confused by Snake Man.
I refeed, but with no carbs. But I can also not do Keto?
What the fuck do I eat then? 2kg of chicken and some broccoli?

Mainstream keto is bullshit, the macros are terrible for building strength. It will usually look like
>150 grams of fat
>70 gram of protien
>0-25 grams of carbs
You'll lose alot of strength on a mainstream keto cut, but if you just eat nothing for two days, get into keto, don't refeed (which you won't need to do unless you're already pretty lean anyway) or refeed in smal 400-500 calories meals that lean towards keto (Fatty meat and low carb fruit/veggies)

If you're talking about maintaining your weight, it won't matter how many carbs you stuff into yourself because you'll just fast for 2 or 3 days, get into keto and burn the extra body weight you got from the carbs.
You'll have the carbs for energy and the protein for muscle strength and just fucking fast away the extra fat.

Sorry i got distracted writing that second point
>or refeed in smal 400-500 calories meals that lean towards keto (Fatty meat and low carb fruit/veggies)
then you'll burn exclusively body fat long before you start to lose muscle.

I take your scorn with pride, user.
Sometimes I fast during a day because I just flat-out think clearer without food.

OMAD or fasts. OMAD is the most often a person should eat if they wanna be lean as they get older IMHO

Okay so I appear to be coming down with a cold.
Time to test a hypothesis.

Will dry fasting cure sickness?

Be careful with trusting his old stuff 100%.
Things he used to be all about, but is no longer:
>OMAD for fatties
>keto
>lemon juice and ACV in the snake juice
>carnivore
>the old snake juice recipe

It's not a no-carb refeed, but a low carb refeed.
Just don't go eating grains and you'll be fine.

Need help

Im currently cutting, and I plan on fasting all day Friday. How do I approach my diet on Saturday? Do I return to my normal 500 calorie deficit or do I eat more for that day.

if you're fasting you don't need to eat at a 500 deficit

200, at most.

Godspeed user, let us know the resultant.

Hold up, are you guys saying no ACV and lemon juice during fasting?

But aren't those 0 calories?

I'm confused.

Attached: 52702598_331455984177294_6489050347024154624_n.png (534x547, 188K)

> 129.5 lbs
> 5'4" manlet :(

Last year I went from 185 lbs to 117 lbs by IF, fasting, and Keto, but afterwards I got caught up in some things going on in my life and kinda derailed my /fit agenda. I'm ready to get back on track, but I gained about thirteen pounds and am struggling to decide whether I should bulk or cut. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Attached: 20190418_095859.jpg (1564x1564, 1.34M)

nice arms
aesthetic vasculature

You look exactly the same in these pics, slightly less defined in the bottom two

I'll be the first to admit that I'm 18 (not the person you responded to, however) and I was wondering if it'd be wiser to eat five meals a day while my body still is able to metabolize it effectively or practice fasting and intermittent fasting. I really enjoyed the IF and fasting regimen that I was following, but should I take advantage of the ability to consume more calories by spacing my meals out? If it depends on my current body and whether I should cut or bulk, I'm this user for reference:

Thanks, man! It helps that I use forearm crutches to navigate due to a congenital birth defect, but that's also why I'm struggling to figure out whether I should bulk or cut: my BMI is really difficult to calculate because I lack the typical muscle weight from my lower body that usually accounts for a lot of someone's mass, making it difficult to gauge whether I need to focus on getting lean or getting more muscle. I'm trying to stay kind of light so my joints stick around for a while, but if I'm careful I can strengthen my body to be able to handle more stress. I'm kind of casually exploring this subject because it's an untested field for people with my condition.

These are all from today. I just wanted to get a front, side, back, and tilted angle.

Work your core my dude

On a caloric surplus or deficit? I do ab rollers 3x8 and leg raises 3x15... any other exercises? Core workouts are sometimes limited by my range of motion in my hips and other joints depending on the movement.

You should still do OMAD or a 4 hour window, because it has a positive affect on your gut and bowels. Eating super often is really bad for your body in terms of health rather than weight.

If you can't get enough calories in in a 4 hour eating window you need to try harder.

Sup guys I'm planning to fit in fasting on my rest days in my weekly workout routine. I follow a 4 day workout split and I want to fit in maybe some cardio on my rest days too. How would I minimize muscle loss and should I do water fasting or intermittent fasting. I'll put out my workout split just in case you guys want to see my workout volume.

Also I'm quite overweight and my body is similar to pic related. Though I feel a lot muscle definition under all the fat.

>UPPER 1

Flat barbell bench 4 x 5
Military press 4 x 5
T bar row 3 x 12
Cable crossover 3 x 12
Lat pulldown 3 x 12
Barbell shrugs 3 x 12
Dumbbell supinated curl 3 x 12
Closegrip bench ez grip SS with skullcrushers 3 x 12

>LOWER 1

Barbell squat 4 x 5
Romanian deadlift 4 x 10
Leg extension 3 x 12
Body weight Glute ham raise 3 x 12
Calf raise 3 x 12
Lying leg curl 3 x 12
Crunch machine 3 x 12

>UPPER 2

Flat barbell bench 4 x 5
Barbell row 3 x 12
Incline dumbbell 3 x 12
Facepull 3 x 12
Pyramid lateral raise 3 x 12
Lat pulldown 3 x 12
Hammer curl 3 x 12
Tricep pushdown 3 x 12

>LOWER 2

Deadlift 3 x 5
Dumbbell leg extension 3 x 10
Body weight Glute ham raise 3 x 12
Single leg extension 3 x 12
Single leg curl 3 x 12
Standing calf raise 3 x 12
Plank 3 x until failure

Attached: Screenshot-2015-07-19-19.19.46-e1437325887268.png (1359x768, 1.14M)

No, just don't mix it with your snake juice because it it's very acidic and can fuck with your teeth if you sip it all day. Slam it like a shot if you want it in your fasting routine.

Yessir. So just one meal a day at a caloric deficit for a while? Should I adjust my core routine at all?

Fuck off you crybaby faggot. I was interested in first, but now I have no interest in reading your pussy boy diary; no doubt it will be filled with words you don't actually understand and tales of your first experience sucking dick.

Very slight calorie deficit if any. As long as you're training hard and not eating like a dumb shit it's impossible not to lean out on OMAD

Good luck my friend

Eating 3 times a day is an industrial era meme

Attached: images.jpg (654x469, 42K)

Thanks, user! Keep an eye out to see if I'm able to pull it off!

While everyone can agree that fasting is great and the best possible calorie restriction tactic of all time, we all also agree that the snakediet guy is retarded, right?

What's the science in getting the shits post fast break? I had a keto friendly chilli and made guac with it. An hour later and I'm pissing out of my ass (5 day fast)

not sure, but iktf. i thought it was just cause i was binge drinking on my refeeds.

His more recent streams are fucking retarded and have fuckall to do with fasting. We all know fat sluts are disgusting cole, stop being an autist.

Nobody cares about your blog

Holy shit this is high tier cringe posting

From 160 to 156lbs at 5'11

Did some fasted cardio and will probably break at 72h. Someday will reach 10%bf

Attached: 20190418_142426.jpg (1440x1290, 204K)

just completed a 24h dry fast god I forgot how awesome does it feel running on empty stomach

Attached: zlfjJ4R.gif (128x128, 175K)

I’m doing OMAD now and lifted while fasted yesterday (before dinner). I felt more focused and confident during my lifts. Also noticed that I didn’t sweat any, I just felt hot.

wait for reals?

If you’re eating roadkill or live in a third world country, yeah

Hey i want to go on my first fast starting on sunday because that will be the first day of my 2 weeks off.
Do you folk have any recommendations on getting ready?

Start now

Start now. Mix all your snake juice bottles at once to save time. They taste better cold in the fridge IMO.

No, I'm going to be hustling around a fucking kitchen Friday and Saturday, I'm not going to do that going through withdrawls.

Alright, No is a little strong, but i'm going to be on my feet for 10 hours each day moving around a bunch.
If i was going to sit in an office for 7 fucking hours, i'd do it.

Garlic and acidic foods kill worms so don't worry.

>fasting for months, always thought dry fasting would be too hard since I smoke and it makes my throat dry so never really tried
>in the middle of a 72 say fuck it and go dry for the remainder
>refeed is in 5 hours and I haven't been thirsty at all so far. It has literally been one of the easiest fasts I have had to endure
Fuck man...all these wasted fasts and unrealized gains

Never gonna make it

Yes i will damnit

Attached: JUST.jpg (474x567, 37K)